HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    but they have to do with being an NF
    I think NF's might be more prone to "magic thinking" in general =D
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Light givin' you intuition envy?
    My n shrivels up just at the sight of the opening credits.

My offensive tactics suck ass. I can only ride the offensive wave or plan a hard ass defense.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    My offensive tactics suck ass. I can only ride the offensive wave or plan a hard ass defense.
    Light Yagami is a freak, even for an INTJ. the world would be a much more volatile, dangerous place if every INTJ had that kind of destructive mental capacity
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    huh? what do you mean by this? what about people who use Ni aka NJ?
    What do you mean what do I mean by this?

It's basic MBTI.

Perceiving functions - N and S.
    Judging functions - T and F.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    but they have to do with being an NF
    Not really. Sensing feelers often report a sense of telepathic connection with their children, best friend, husband, whatever, like just knowing something's wrong or someone needs them, like women's intuition.

That kind of intuition isn't the same thing. Sensing vibes? No, I don't think it's the same thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    What do you mean what do I mean by this?

It's basic MBTI.

Perceiving functions - N and S.
    Judging functions - T and F.
    She means the Jungian function Ni, which is called Introverted Intuition, and NJs have Ni as one of their top two functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    huh? what do you mean by this? what about people who use Ni aka NJ?
    He means that all of the sensing and intuition functions are related to Jungian perceiving. Se, Si, Ne, and Ni are all Perceiving functions.

Even though Ni dom/aux are Js.

It is the Judging functions Fi, Ti, Fe, Te that determine P or J. P means you lead with introverted Judging function, and J means you lead with extroverted Judging function.

My offensive tactics suck ass.
    Lightweight.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Not really. Sensing feelers often report a sense of telepathic connection with their children, best friend, husband, whatever, like just knowing something's wrong or someone needs them, like women's intuition.

That kind of intuition isn't the same thing. Sensing vibes? No, I don't think it's the same thing.
    NFs do all of this with people they don't even know though. people are creeped out by me because I have talked to them for 3 minutes and revealed intimate secrets about there past and underlying motivations that only their closest friends knew about. when I was younger, I would just go around doing this to everyone I met, but I stopped because it would literally lead to grown adults screaming at me.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Lol. Yeah, not my favorite thing either. I usually just skipped it.

Understood. That Te-Se loop can be a motherfucker. It's like Te says "OH SHIT! THIS IS IT!!!" and the Se part goes, "FUCK YEAH, BRAH! LETS DO IT!" and then you're like mid-action when Fi pricks up like, "Guys, somethings not right here..." and then it's like the very second you've completed the action that little nagging Ni-voice at the back of your mind finally comes in clear enough for you to hear "Yeah, you've managed to fuck yourself in like five moves. Nice job, jackass." Creative backtracking ensues.

What I've just described is a bad thing. It happens to me a lot, and I sympathize with you. Your OP is completely on point as to the solution: develop Introverted Intuition so that you have a more mature application of the dominant Extraverted Thinking. As with anything, the best way to learn is to find a good teacher and study, study, study.

In this instance, of course, you're gonna be learning from Ni-doms. You're paying attention to understand how they think about things so you can replicated it on your own later. Your understanding should work on a couple of levels.

First, there's the kinda "external" component. You're looking for how INJs talk about things. What kinds of things seem to stand out to them? How are they prioritizing this information? What you're looking for is a pattern in an Ni-guided assessment, getting a sense for the feel and rhythm of that kind of conclusion, and figuring out where, how and why their deliberations differ from your own. Or just ask them. Death Note is neat for this cause Light is highly sophisticated in his Ni usage, and you get to hear how he reasons out every action he takes. The "Ask an INTJ" thread is another trove of examples of Ni at work. Study. Look for trends. Ask questions. Draw conclusions. Get feedback. Repeat.

Second, is the more "internal" component. How do you feel when you use Ni, so you know you're on the right track. I'm not 100% why the subjective component is important, but it seems necessary. If your NTJ typing is correct, Introverted Intuition should already be there working for you. My experience is that its easiest for me to utilize Ni when I don't force myself to take the most immediate and direct path to a goal. Sun Tzu's notion of "taking the whole" is the quintessence of the Ni approach. You know you'll have a conclusion well-supported by Ni if it's not totally comfortable for you. Discomfort is overcome with more regular use.

Using Ni well takes a lot of discipline, I think, and Te can be a ruthlessly impatient hag sometime. Just take in all you can, and go easy on yourself. It's always fun to learn new things.

Especially when they can be later employed for the obliteration of one's foes and stuff.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth