• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alignment --> MBTI?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
True Neutral-
A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure, first I've ever tried the test.

Lawful Neutral
A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very interesting that you're an INFJ testing as Lawful Evil. I'm also INFJ - but I unfailingly test as Chaotic Good. The correlation idea already seems weak, but perhaps one of us is an exception.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm usually much closer to Chaotic Good than Chaotic Evil

Chaotic Neutral

Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXX (4)
Neutral - XXXXXX (6)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXX (6)
Neutral - XXXXXXX (7)
Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Neutral Good. I thought there were an awful lot of questions where my SJ side decided on, and I thought I would end up as Lawful :)
Seriously, as long as the laws don't forbid arts and freedom of speech, I'm thankful for the background structure they provide. I'm okay with our Belgian laws - their only drawback is that they are WAAAAAAAY too complicated, especially those about language and about subsidizing schools. We've got a special minister for Simplifying when we have a government. Which is not the case, now. Belgium is a crazy country.
My Chaotic side (I thought I would be Chaotic! Come on, my strongest letters are N and P!) just doesn't care about those "important" things. Why defying the law if you are allowed to write novels?

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXX (6)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaos --- XXXXX (5)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- X (1)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chaotic Good/Chaotic Neutral. It depends of my mood.

I think I'm more neutral, because I don't feel as a duty to be good. I just like it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chaotic Neutral

Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

On a different version of this test I am Neutral Good.

Hahaha...now this is pretty funny:

The Ten Chaotic Neutral Commandments

A list of Ten Commandments for a chaotic neutral religion may look like this:

1. You shall lie to promote your freedom.

2. You shall not kill the innocent.

3. You shall not murder.

4. You shall help the needy if such action promotes your freedom*

5. You shall honor no authority above yourself.

6. You shall break the law whenever convenient.

7. You shall not betray others unless your life is in jeopardy.

8. You shall not aid enemies of freedom or those who promote law.

9. You shall pursue pleasure.

10. You shall promote unlimited freedom for yourself.

* I would help the needy even if it didn't support my freedom. Otherwise, this list is fine.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Very interesting that you're an INFJ testing as Lawful Evil. I'm also INFJ - but I unfailingly test as Chaotic Good. The correlation idea already seems weak, but perhaps one of us is an exception.

I always thought that many IxxJs were Lawful in some fashion...though I certainly do not associate Lawful Evil with INFJs...maybe INTJs...

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXX (6)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Evil ---- X (1)

Within

Permabanned
Neutral Evil

Neutral Evil- A neutral evil villain does whatever he can get away with. He is out for himself, pure and simple. He sheds no tears for those he kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. He has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make him any better or more noble. On the other hand, he doesn't have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. Neutral evil is the best alignment you can be because you can advance yourself without regard for others. However, neutral evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXX (6)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXX (5)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- X (1)
Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)

No surprises here, I always score one out of Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil and Chaotic Evil.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Last time I took this test I was Chaotic Neutral. Today, I'm True Neutral tied with Chaotic Neutral.

True Neutral

True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXX (6)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXX (8)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXX (6)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Evil ---- XX (2)

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Neutral Evil- A neutral evil villain does whatever he can get away with. He is out for himself, pure and simple. He sheds no tears for those he kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. He has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make him any better or more noble. On the other hand, he doesn�t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. Neutral evil is the best alignment you can be because you can advance yourself without regard for others. However, neutral evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXX (3)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- X (1)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XX (2)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Nope, back to Chaotic Neutral. On to the topic, INTPs seem to score one of the neutral alignments.

Atomic Fiend

Anyone know the correlations between MBTI and alignment? My result is...in my signature.

I doubt that. The problem is the D&D model for alignment doesn't even apply well to the games they originated from anymore. It's almost impossible to align fictional characters nowadays too unless they're particularly one dimensional. People's motivations, intents, and allegiances change to much to be identified on 3x3 grid.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always either get Neutral Good or Lawful Good. The MBTI correlation I think is that J's tend to be more Lawful and P's tend to me more Chaotic. Other than that, I think any MBTI type can be any alignment.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i test as true neutral most often, but i've gotten chaotic neutral and chaotic good before too.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
I tested as neutral good, with lawful good and true neutral tie after it.

Chaotic good beat out neutral good by a feather, which is usually the way it works on these tests. I'm most probably an INFP.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought that many IxxJs were Lawful in some fashion...though I certainly do not associate Lawful Evil with INFJs...maybe INTJs...

That's intriguing. I won't dispute it - I know several IxxJ characters who'd probably fall under Lawful. Speaking for myself, though, decisions are based on a personal code of right and wrong. If my idea of fighting for the right thing falls beyond the boundaries of society's rules - then said rules be damned. I'll happily rock the boat.

One of my friends is INTJ and typically scores as any variation of Evil, which she is immensely proud of. Hmm.