User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Pictorial Guide to the Ne/Ni Distinction (the pics in no particular order this time)

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Just like your Se/Si thread, I feel like these pictures are far too abstract, and require too much elaboration. Upon first viewing I couldn't tell which was which, and even now I get the feeling that I would guess a lot of them wrong.

Two exceptions are the second from the top (with the machine), which seems clearly Ne, and the second from the bottom (with the man's face), which seems clearly Ni.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I think those pictures make sense.

Chaos= Ne
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1) Ni

2) Ne

3) Ne (also, eww gross wtf ugly ow looks heavy and painful)

4) Ni

5) Ne

6) Ni

7) Ne

How'd I do?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post

These seems to best represent Ni, at least to me they do.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Ni
    Ne
    Ni
    Ne
    Ni
    Ne
    Ni
    Ne
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Just like your Se/Si thread, I feel like these pictures are far too abstract, and require too much elaboration. Upon first viewing I couldn't tell which was which, and even now I get the feeling that I would guess a lot of them wrong.

Two exceptions are the second from the top (with the machine), which seems clearly Ne, and the second from the bottom (with the man's face), which seems clearly Ni.
    If they aren't kept abstract, then the whole point of the exercise will be missed. And if you're an S of any kind, the whole point will probably be missed anyway. But these iNtuitive pictures have to be kept even more abstract, since that which they describe is not easily contained in reality. It's one thing to imagine an invention, another thing to create it, or to create a new social structure. As for Ni, they often cannot be created at all, but leap far beyond the limits of reality -

I see N in general as describing a synthetical process of creation - a fusion of objects normally considered to be separate. The first picture is just a synthetic reproduction of reality that goes against the mainstream of thought regarding mermaids. A mermaid itself represents a fantastical fusion, but this one is even more so. I don't see it as Ne, however, because I see the Ne process as aimed more toward reality.

The third picture illustrates the absolute spontaneity of the synthetical thought process. Not only that, the character in it wields some kind of remote. He could be toying with some new invention.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

BullShit theres no particular order =D

NI
    NE
    NI
    NE
    NI
    NE
    NI
    NE

I really dislike that third one down, btw. I'm not sure if that's a good example of Ni, but maybe someone else can explain later.

(I saw third one down as symbolic of a few things... 1) so many unrestrained ideas without meaning, value, or consequence that he gouges his eye out with a big smile (ne)? 2) perhaps a word play (IN-EYE- NI) which would actually be (Ne).. but it felt Ni for some reason.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    1) Ni

2) Ne

3) Ne (also, eww gross wtf ugly ow looks heavy and painful)

4) Ni

5) Ne

6) Ni

7) Ne

How'd I do?
    It looks like you missed one. I suppose I could have numbered the pics. But in this N type of example, I didn't want to constrain things by giving it any meaningful order. Because the post itself demonstrates an iNtuitive thought-expression that flies against mathematical order, time-sequence, and common-sense causality.

I'm guessing that number 3 to you is the facial rings. That style represents something so non-traditional, and the face is so withdrawn into itself, that I considered it good for Ni.

Number 7, which is number 8, has a flashy Se aspect to it. But it evolves from an unknown/unknowable center that vanishes beneath the chaotic expression, and explodes out into reality like the Ne process.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    BullShit theres no particular order =D

NI
    NE
    NI
    NE
    NI
    NE
    NI
    NE

I really dislike that third one down, btw. I'm not sure if that's a good example of Ni, but maybe someone else can explain later.
    The third one is just some crazy ENXP playing with an invention. I like the spontaneous pure-joy expression of the activity there. Creative thinking should be playful, it should never be limited to this: