First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Maybe I am missing the point, but I thought the point of a "guide" was to help people understand things. And if they're overly abstract, then their meaning is unclear to the majority of people. Guides are meant to be clear. So if it is abstract, it might as well be easy to read.

And if you meant it as an intellectual exercise to argue over which pictures are more Ne or Ni, then you ought to rename it, because that's confusing people and not guiding them. I will guarantee you that if this thread is like the other one, people won't come to it to find an easy-to-understand pictorial guide.

I like the idea of an abstract pictorial guide. But sometimes metaphors are simple, and sometimes they are only understood by the person choosing them. Consider the number of Intuitives who didn't "get" the pictures in your last thread. They required too much explanation.

Again, maybe I'm missing the point. Maybe you want them to be abstract enough that they aren't helpful to everyone. But from a Te perspective based on efficiency, I'm just saying that there could be clearer pictures.*

*Although to reiterate, I did like the two that I pointed out quite a lot, and they were very abstract, but still helpful, which is the point. It's not a pictorial guide if it requires a paragraph of accompanying text.
    I'm not afraid to provide a paragraph of explanation per picture. I don't believe that explaining them invalidates the idea of a pictorial guide.

Picture #2, which qualifies as clear to you, is only one face of the Ne. The other face is the social activist, or radical for social change ("progress").

I had no illusion that everybody would agree on all of them, or even some of them. So this time I chose more than two representations per function. The fact that you, as a sensor, liked two of them, spells success to me.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

How did you see each picture Mal? Do you care to offer up explanations on the first 8?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    How did you see each picture Mal? Do you care to offer up explanations on the first 8?
    I've explained some of them, but only those that were questioned. People have had the most trouble with the Stimpy cartoon and the ring face. The Rube Goldberg machine is self-explanatory, as long as I limit this to Ne/Ni. It could also be used to represent the inner workings and internal tinkerings of the Ti mentality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Is this still a guessing game for the original pictures here? OK...

-Ni (at first I thought it was a representation of Ne as synthesis, but now the fishwoman looks like it would have some deeper individual meaning to an Ni user..)
    -(link not working)
    -Ne (wide-eyed, about to start something.... Stimpy ftw)
    -???
    -Ni (focused and calm)
    -Ne (things going everywhere)
    -Ni ("it's all in your head")
    -Ne (colorful abstractions building upon each other to a picture, also it's a much-fancier version of the stuff I doodle in the margins when I get bored )

Sure is hard to find pictures to represent introverted functions, isn't it?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Is this still a guessing game for the original pictures here? OK...

-Ni (at first I thought it was a representation of Ne as synthesis, but now the fishwoman looks like it would have some deeper individual meaning to an Ni user..)
    -(link not working)
    -Ne (wide-eyed, about to start something.... Stimpy ftw)
    -???
    -Ni (focused and calm)
    -Ne (things going everywhere)
    -Ni ("it's all in your head")
    -Ne (colorful abstractions building upon each other to a picture, also it's a much-fancier version of the stuff I doodle in the margins when I get bored )

Sure is hard to find pictures to represent introverted functions, isn't it?
    I called 4 out of 8 Ni pictures. But yes, just now I googled "Ni pictures" just to see if I could make the searching process easier, and didn't see anything relevant to this at all. I googled "Ne pictures" and came up with a lot of pictures of one "Ne Yo."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My initial internal impressions:

Ni
    Ne
    Ne
    Ni
    Leaning Ni
    Leaning Ne
    Ni
    Ne
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

The 5th one seems to emphasize both internal and external goings on.

Can I just call it N?

The first one would have been Ne if it wasn't so blatantly paradoxical. Obviously, that made me go with Ni. Fo shizzle.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My initial internal impressions:

Ni
    Ne
    Ne
    Ni
    Leaning Ni
    Leaning Ne
    Ni
    Ne
    That adds up!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    The 5th one seems to emphasize both internal and external goings on.

Can I just call it N?

The first one would have been Ne if it wasn't so blatantly paradoxical. Obviously, that made me go with Ni. Fo shizzle.
    The "reality" paintings are either too fantastic for anything but an artistic rendering, so that's Ni, or they are realistic but go beyond the mainstream, so that's Ne.

The more dynamic art is either dark and foreboding (Ni) or bright and inviting (Ne).

The ring face is just too weird to be Ne. Stimpy appears too outgoing to be Ni.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti