Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, there's 7, I counted them again.

Yeah, expanding outward says Ne to me. The facial piercings said "too much going on, and not in an aesthetically pleasing way" so I thought it was Ne rather than Ni.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    These seems to best represent Ni, at least to me they do.
    That's exactly what I had in mind for those three.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

OMGZ I just figured out how I missed it. I'm on a mac, using safari, and some pictures show up as these tiny little question mark boxes? Then I have to click on them to open the pic on the other page.

I missed the tiny question mark in the sea of the pics that were immediately visible until just now.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'll have pictorial guides for all of these functions soon enough, but for now here's a really rough guide for the Ni/Ne distinction.

Ni- Introverted iNtuition

Getting all symbolic and archetypal....

Kind of like a black hole, taking in all that surrounds it, taken as inwards as entirely possible, and then who knows what happens next...

This one is like N in general, but it can be like Ni in the sense that it isn't things in the world that are changed, the change happens with oneself somehow.

Things aren't as they seem. We could be wearing masks, or our masks could be wearing faces

Ne - Extraverted iNtuition

Symbolically/archetypically, more like fireworks. First one light emerges, then a few others emerge from that one and they all spread out and light up the sky.

Not much for tradition...if tradition can be done more betta'

"Honey, you are 32 years old... why are you still playing with your food?" "Points to certain section in Psychological Types." "Okayyyyy, just make sure it doesn't go to waste."

"this isn't a waste..."

Also my current avatar is a lovely example of making something new by switching around the contexts

Ginkgo

Ni
    Ne
    Ne
    No
    Ni
    Ne
    Ni
    Ne

Really spot on with the water droplet

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Ni
    Ne
    Ne
    No
    Ni
    Ne
    Ni
    Ne

Really spot on with the water droplet
    No?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Here's my brain on Ni high:

It's what I picture in my mind's eye when I find a deep insight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    No?
    It's outlandish, but it doesn't follow the same pattern as the rest. It's not visual art in the traditional sense.

I suppose if I had to choose, I would say it's Ne.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    If they aren't kept abstract, then the whole point of the exercise will be missed. And if you're an S of any kind, the whole point will probably be missed anyway.
    Maybe I am missing the point, but I thought the point of a "guide" was to help people understand things. And if they're overly abstract, then their meaning is unclear to the majority of people. Guides are meant to be clear. So if it is abstract, it might as well be easy to read.

And if you meant it as an intellectual exercise to argue over which pictures are more Ne or Ni, then you ought to rename it, because that's confusing people and not guiding them. I will guarantee you that if this thread is like the other one, people won't come to it to find an easy-to-understand pictorial guide.

I like the idea of an abstract pictorial guide. But sometimes metaphors are simple, and sometimes they are only understood by the person choosing them. Consider the number of Intuitives who didn't "get" the pictures in your last thread. They required too much explanation.

Again, maybe I'm missing the point. Maybe you want them to be abstract enough that they aren't helpful to everyone. But from a Te perspective based on efficiency, I'm just saying that there could be clearer pictures.*

*Although to reiterate, I did like the two that I pointed out quite a lot, and they were very abstract, but still helpful, which is the point. It's not a pictorial guide if it requires a paragraph of accompanying text.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!