• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe politics versus Fi politics

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well so much for that theory.

It never ceases to amaze me how foreign Fe is to an INTJ. :doh:

You know that feeling of passion that you have for your individual rights? That is your Fi. Now imagine this; people can feel just as strongly for others because of their Fe.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
It never ceases to amaze me how foreign Fe is to an INTJ. :doh:

You know that feeling of passion that you have for your individual rights? That is your Fi. Now imagine this; people can feel just as strongly for others because of their Fe.
Uh...:blush:
Nope. Don't get it.

You made him feel accepted and liked for his behavior that would inevitably get him banned- you HAD to realize that you were drawing him closer and closer to the brink of trouble. If not you really don't realize the social dynamics of this site! It was obvious that he wanted to feel accepted by people and approved of, and each time that you would post something feeding off of his posts, he would have to do better and better, to keep receiving the approval.

Using can be in more senses than just the one that you seem to perceive it as being ;) Subtlety in social interactions Mr G... learn to read the implications of your actions in a less than straightforward manner.
He was accepted and liked (or so I thought). When I first saw that he had banned I was shocked. I could think of no reason why he should have been. You may be right as far as social dynamics. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Many things that happen in human interactions that I don't understand (to a lesser degree than Uber, but similar). I can understand banning him for breaking the rules. He broke them and I won't argue with the punishment. I don't believe I have either. What I don't understand is where the lines are drawn and why.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He was accepted and liked (or so I thought). When I first saw that he had banned I was shocked. I could think of no reason why he should have been. You may be right as far as social dynamics. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Many things that happen in human interactions that I don't understand (to a lesser degree than Uber, but similar). I can understand banning him for breaking the rules. He broke them and I won't argue with the punishment. I don't believe I have either. What I don't understand is where the lines are drawn and why.

;) Some of us have grander reasons for pulling our threads back than merely spoiling your fun Mr G.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mr. Galt,

People in power draw the lines wherever they want to and see fit.

Life is all about dealing with other people's rules*.

*Or finding ways around them and, or, creating your own. ;)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Uh...:blush:
Nope. Don't get it.

:17425:

You know, I fell off my bike while riding with an INTJ friend once and he looked back, laughed, and rode off without even seeing if I was okay. The fact that the XNTJ personalties are built around self preservation of the ego is your only redeeming quality. It provides you with an excuse for being so obsessed with your self interests while playing little heed to the needs and interests of others. In essence, you guys are built to look out only for yourself and so its forgivable that you tend to lack sympathy and compassion for others.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ

You know, I fell off my bike while riding with an INTJ friend once and he looked back, laughed, and rode off without even seeing if I was okay. The fact that the XNTJ personalties are built around self preservation of the ego is your only redeeming quality. It provides you with an excuse for being so obsessed with your self interests while playing little heed to the needs and interests of others. In essence, you guys are built to look out only for yourself and so its forgivable that you tend to lack sympathy and compassion for others.

Why do all of your disagreements with an INTJ turn into an assault on the whole type?

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I tend to go that route.

Yup. Me too :yes:

It's always good to see how much you love us INTJ's, Kiddo. Don't worry. When I take over the world I'll make you a duke.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*tsk tsk*

As much as I hate to admit it- this is an internet site, not a utopia. If you read the FAQ when you joined you would realize that there are rules to follow and such and that since it's not your site you're supposed to comply with them in order to stay on here :)

And this is coming from the girl whos always wished for an opportunity to be a part of a riot! ;)

B

ByMySword

It's always good to see how much you love us INTJ's, Kiddo. Don't worry. When I take over the world I'll make you a duke.

Maybe we should combine forces Mr. Galt, seeing as we have the same goal.

Edit: And I think Kiddo's view of INTJs is way off. Its a stereotype, nothing more. And it seems he likes those.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*tsk tsk*

As much as I hate to admit it- this is an internet site, not a utopia. If you read the FAQ when you joined you would realize that there are rules to follow and such and that since it's not your site you're supposed to comply with them in order to stay on here :)

And this is coming from the girl whos always wished for an opportunity to be a part of a riot! ;)

"Tsk tsk" to whom???

You probably aren't referring to me, but I share your sentiment, I just expressed it slightly differently.

I fully understand that this is *their* site that we use, and it's therefore *their* rules that we must adhere to.

Mr. Galt,

People in power draw the lines wherever they want to and see fit.

Life is all about dealing with other people's rules*.

*Or finding ways around them and, or, creating your own. ;)

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Maybe we should combine forces Mr. Galt, seeing as we have the same goal.

Edit: And I think Kiddo's view of INTJs is way off. Its a stereotype, nothing more. And it seems he likes those.

Shall we compare notes? Discuss strategy and ideological perspectives? Perhaps we may even play a game of chess or two!!! :happy2:
:woot::yay:

As to the second part, it applies to me occasionally, but on the whole, you're right. It's just a stereotype.

edit: To CC and whatever. I agree 100% with having rules. I simply don't understand the rationale behind some rules, and am interested in learning it.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Why do all of your disagreements with an INTJ turn into an assault on the whole type?

It's not just INTJs. All the big time Fe shadow people's are generally fierce individualists/conservatives/classical liberals.

That includes...

ENTJ, ESTJ
INTJ, ISTJ
ENFP, ESFP

When I overgeneralize, I do it big! Big I tell ya!

Admit it! It's not because you like me that you would do such a thing but because you are afraid I will go into terrorist INFJ mode and will snipe your head off form a clock tower. :devil:

B

ByMySword

Shall we compare notes? Discuss strategy and ideological perspectives? Perhaps we may even play a game of chess or two!!! :happy2:
:woot::yay:

Sounds good. But I'm not going for world domination alone. I meant combine forces with the whole Brotherhood. We too aspire to rule the world. So, yes, comparing notes would delight me greatly.

As to the second part, it applies to me occasionally, but on the whole, you're right. It's just a stereotype.

I don't mean to say that he's wrong just because its a stereotype. Stereotypes are founded in truth. But he generalizes to the point where I can't help but feel he sees everyone according to their stereotype.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Admit it! It's not because you like me that you would do such a thing but because you are afraid I will go into terrorist INFJ mode and will snipe your head off form a clock tower. :devil:

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Sounds good. But I'm not going for world domination alone. I meant combine forces with the whole Brotherhood. We too aspire to rule the world. So, yes, comparing notes would delight me greatly.
Of course. As much as my INTJ-ness would like it to be true, you need others to help you take over the world. And the Texas Brotherhood would be perfect comrades for me...you all like ZZ Top too (yeah, I just stereotyped Texans, so what?)

I don't mean to say that he's wrong just because its a stereotype. Stereotypes are founded in truth. But he generalizes to the point where I can't help but feel he sees everyone according to their stereotype.
Well it seems a lot of the stereotypes he comes up with are based in a single, isolated incident of truth rather than a pattern, as most stereotypes are (ex: Jews have big noses).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) *tsk* ing Mr. G and BMS and anyone else who may be lurking and considering posting something akin to the idea that they weren't going to play along.

Society is governed by rules and give and take, as is the site- the same dynamics and rules apply here as apply in general. Uber had confidence problems and was easily influenced to go against the rules by others. It was what drew some people to encourage him that ended up getting him banned. I think that we can all learn a lesson about being wary of what we do in the future from that :)