• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe politics versus Fi politics

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Fe likes political correctness as a tool, not in and of itself.

Fe being PC is more like the local news networks avoiding anything that could be thought of as offensive, such as calling a criminal they're reporting 'ethnic' even though they really mean that the guy's black.

These Fi types think of political correctness as not a tool but as 'the right thing to do'. Pretty much, if the Fe types screw up when it comes to PC-ness, it's these Fi-types who complain. Otherwise, the Fe types could care less about political correctness.

heart

heart on fire
Fe likes political correctness as a tool, not in and of itself.

Fe being PC is more like the local news networks avoiding anything that could be thought of as offensive, such as calling a criminal they're reporting 'ethnic' even though they really mean that the guy's black.

These Fi types think of political correctness as not a tool but as 'the right thing to do'. Pretty much, if the Fe types screw up when it comes to PC-ness, it's these Fi-types who complain. Otherwise, the Fe types could care less about political correctness.

I am talking about Kiddo's stance. He keeps saying Fe wants political correctness and Fi are rednecks carrying flaming crosses. ..lol well he said they were prejudiced and bigoted.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
He is screamingly Fe, c'mon now! He totally caters to a crowd, fucked up as he or they might be.

Are you kidding? Mr. My Daddy Taught Me The Value of Hard Work is Fe? The guy is a quintessential INTJ political nut, through and through.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
But Kiddo is claiming that Fe supports political correctness and the people on the left are usually the ones supporting political correctness and now you are claiming they are NFP, so they would be Fi, what gives here Kiddo? Explain this.

:huh: I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. Fe corresponds with PC and Fi correpsonds with bigotry. I've never swayed from that point. Hap just pointed out that Fe can be used to fan the flames of bigotry and close minded certitude.

heart

heart on fire
:huh: I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. Fe corresponds with PC and Fi correpsonds with bigotry. I've never swayed from that point. Hap just pointed out that Fe can be used to fan the flames of bigotry and close minded certitude.

So explain why Hap maintains that left wing newspeople are likely to be EFP? They would be the ones pushing the PC.

O'Reily is ESTJ. NOT INTJ. :rolleyes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Jesus Christ...

Bad Fe will follow all social conventions and values, the good and the bad, like a lemming. Bad Fi will refuse to budge from the individual's perspective even if the values that Fi holds can be proven hurtful to others.

The only reason why Fe is so obsessed with being PC now is because the FCC will be on their asses if they're not. It's less a matter of held-tight values (Fi) and more a matter of etiquette and awareness of the consequences.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
So explain why Hap maintains that left wing newspeople are likely to be EFP? They would be the ones pushing the PC.

Are you just trying to start an argument with me? When did Hap say that newspeople are likelty to be EFP? :huh:

O'Reily is ESTJ. NOT INTJ. :rolleyes:

Fi user either way.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are you just trying to start an argument with me? When did Hap say that newspeople are likelty to be EFP? :huh:

I said left-wing attention whores are likely to be NFP, not EFP.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I said left-wing attention whores are likely to be NFP, not EFP.

I must have missed it.

I really don't know what socioeconomic leaning various personality types would have. I do know that NTJs are definitely the most likely to be traditionally conservative and NFJs are the most likely to be traditionally liberal. That's just from the studies I've seen in that regard and from my experience. As far as why we are even on the topic of left wing attention whores, I have no idea where that even came from. Are you talking about the media? Bill O'Reilly and Nancy Grace are both conservative. And anyone who seriously thinks the media is left wing biased really has no clue.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I disagree. I see nothing in Fi to indicate that sensitivity or tact are a part of its process. Sometimes, it seems to even be the opposite, as in a complete rejection of sensitivity and tact.

Fi is a feeling function just like Fe. Sensitivity is very close to the essence of Feeling itself. Fi however is closer to the essence of feeling as feeling takes place within the mind of the individual which is in the realm of introversion. Because Fi resides closer to the realm of introversion it is in closer affinity with the essence of Feeling itself.

So, whatever qualities you attribute to Fe you must also attribute to Fi to a greater degree.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Fi is a feeling function just like Fe. Sensitivity is very close to the essence of Feeling itself. Fi however is closer to the essence of feeling as feeling takes place within the mind of the individual which is in the realm of introversion. Because Fi resides closer to the realm of introversion it is in closer affinity with the essence of Feeling itself.

So, whatever qualities you attribute to Fe you must also attribute to Fi to a greater degree.

I think you are losing from your conjectured philosophy what is readily apparent in observation. Fi users are by no means concerned with sensitivity. They often act as if it is a burden on their sensibilities to even contemplate it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I must have missed it.

I really don't know what socioeconomic leaning various personality types would have. I do know that NTJs are definitely the most likely to be traditionally conservative and NFJs are the most likely to be traditionally liberal. That's just from the studies I've seen in that regard and from my experience. As far as why we are even on the topic of left wing attention whores, I have no idea where that even came from. Are you talking about the media? Bill O'Reilly and Nancy Grace are both conservative. And anyone who seriously thinks the media is left wing biased really has no clue.

If anything from my experience, NTJs are likely to be socially liberal yet financially conservative (Everyone can do what they like with their lives, just keep your hands off of the money!).

From the media that's on the screens and radios at my house every day, I can certainly say that there are left-wing wackos. However, they don't get much attention from the mainstream media, so perhaps 'attention-whores' is the wrong term -- because if that's what they're trying to do, they're doing a very bad job of it.

Kiddo, I think you're a bit muddled. Just because something isn't readily apparent doesn't mean it's not there. On the surface, INJs seem uncreative, ITPs not logical, so it would follow that IFPs seem insensitive -- when actually, nothing could be farther from the truth.

The main problem between Fe in understanding Fi is that Fe needs to see this sensitivity, or therefore it doesn't exist. Kind of like how the INTJ dies a little inside every time they see another INTP dedicate himself to string theory. :doh:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
If anything from my experience, NTJs are likely to be socially liberal yet financially conservative (Everyone can do what they like with your lives, just keep your hands off of the money!).

Traditional conservative translates into free market libertarian today. So that is somewhat correct. "Socially liberal" is best translated as "live and let live". But socioeconomically, there can be a difference of opinion of how that is best achieved.

From the media that's on the screens and radios at my house every day, I can certainly say that there are left-wing wackos. However, they don't get much attention from the mainstream media, so perhaps 'attention-whores' is the wrong term -- because if that's what they're trying to do, they're doing a very bad job of it.

Could you give me an example of some prominent left wingers on mainstream media.

Kiddo, I think you're a bit muddled. Just because something isn't readily apparent doesn't mean it's not there. On the surface, INJs seem uncreative, ITPs not logical, so it would follow that IFPs seem insensitive -- when actually, nothing could be farther from the truth.

I've been told, flat out, by NFPs that they don't care about other people's sensitivities, and I only have to find a CaptainChick thread to see an NFP proclamation about how she doesn't care how others feel about her. Honestly, I would love to see an NFP who cares about sensitivity, but it often seems to offend them. To me, it seems like all they care about is how they feel. I haven't seen a strong empathetic ability inherent in Fi. To the contrary, every big Fi user I have encountered on this forum seems to like to constantly attack me for my Fe sensibilities.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you are losing from your conjectured philosophy what is readily apparent in observation. Fi users are by no means concerned with sensitivity. They often act as if it is a burden on their sensibilities to even contemplate it.

How do you decode Fi?

Introverted Feeling?

Jung defines Feeling as a judgment faculty oriented by emotional sensitivity. If you adapt any other definition, you're dealing with a concept wholly different from what we are all here to discuss.

By Jungian definition to be Feeler and to be attuned with emotional sensitivity doubtlessly mean the same thing.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
How do you decode Fi?

Introverted Feeling?

Jung defines Feeling as a judgment faculty oriented by emotional sensitivity. If you adapt any other definition, you're dealing with a concept wholly different from what we are all here to discuss.

By Jungian definition to be Feeler and to be attuned with emotional sensitivity doubtlessly mean the same thing.

Then the functions need to be redefined because the types do not match the description you are trying to provide. The philosophy is inadequate.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Could you give me an example of some prominent left wingers on mainstream media.

Honestly, I can't give you one offhand. They are not in the mainstream media -- at most, they get a blip on a left-leaning MSNBC show.

But they are out there. Trust me on this.

I've been told, flat out, by NFPs that they don't care about other people's sensitivities, and I only have to find a CaptainChick thread to see an NFP proclamation about how she doesn't care how others feel about her. Honestly, I would love to see an NFP who cares about sensitivity, but it often seems to offend them. To me, it seems like all they care about is how they feel. I haven't seen a strong empathetic ability inherent in Fi. To the contrary, every big Fi user I have encountered on this forum seems to like to constantly attack me for my Fe sensibilities.

Key words. They don't not care about how others feel, they just don't care about how others feel about them. There's a pretty big difference.

I may not care much that a lot of people hate my guts, but I do care when I see someone obviously hurting.

The way Fi is seen by the public is not really important to them -- in fact, they usually find keeping up good appearances as offensive and shallow. But this doesn't mean that they're not sensitive.