• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe politics versus Fi politics

redacted

The point is that they were supposed to explain what happens when Fi and Fe spiral out of control. The guy with Britney was probably not even an FJ, (just a wild guess) but was decrying getting along with other people -- which is quintessentially Fe.

i think he's an IFP actually.

I'd say inferior Fi user (ETJ) because from my observations of ITJs, misuse of teritary Fi immobilizes the person and collapses in on itself rather than explode like that.

ah. well, my mom is an ISTJ and she can explode like that, although she isn't nearly as insane as that woman...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That's not what I meant. ;_;

Fi gets corrupted by the inside, Fe corrupted by the outside. How much Fe is corrupted depends wholly on the environment -- Fi's corruption depends on the strength and nature of the individual.

I mean, which would you rather entrust your values to? Either of them could be a raw deal, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "Feeling reflects the worst of human nature." I suppose when the worst parts of human nature are revealed, it's through feeling, but if not entirely good, I'd say for the most part, feeling is mostly harmless.

It's those damn perceiving functions I'd be worried about.

I see what you are saying. Judging functions are only as good as the information they base their decisions on, and that is the perceiving functions duty.

I still think they both suck though.

Based on what? :huh:

You must not like IFPs much. :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

ah. well, my mom is an ISTJ and she can explode like that, although she isn't nearly as insane as that woman...

Yeah, the guy is probably IFP -- I can't really imagine an FJ doing something like that.

So are these two poor examples of Fi, one being dominant (being a bleeding-heart for something that doesn't require it) and one being inferior (being wildly an irrationally explosive at the breach of values) ?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Yeah, the guy is probably IFP -- I can't really imagine an FJ doing something like that.

So are these two poor examples of Fi, one being dominant (being a bleeding-heart for something that doesn't require it) and one being inferior (being wildly an irrationally explosive at the breach of values) ?

If you are gonna question my superb examples, then I demand you provide a better example of Fe gone nuts. :yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If you are gonna question my superb examples, then I demand you provide a better example of Fe gone nuts. :yes:

I saw this and for some reason the first thing I thought of was Network.

Howard Beale, mad prophet of the airwaves! INFJ or just some nut with a brain tumor?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Touche.

But I would not call your example nuts, I would say he was being very reasonable. :yes:

Oh, he's quite reasonable -- the only madness is in his presentation.

Although, it's the presentation that draws the public's attention. And that makes it not only mad, but brilliant. It's better to be both than neither.

heart

heart on fire
I saw this and for some reason the first thing I thought of was Network.

Howard Beale, mad prophet of the airwaves! INFJ or just some nut with a brain tumor?

Actually Howard Beale seemed to have a pretty good idea going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
Howard Beale: [shouting] You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
[shouting]
'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
[screaming at the top of his lungs] "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

:nice:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Oh, he's quite reasonable -- the only madness is in his presentation.

Although, it's the presentation that draws the public's attention. And that makes it not only mad, but brilliant. It's better to be both than neither.

I thought Fe irritated you. :huh: Now it sounds like you are singing its praises, rhetoric and all.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I thought Fe irritated you. :huh: Now it sounds like you are singing its praises, rhetoric and all.

Network is one of my favorite movies. :wubbie:

It seems that Howard Beale is one of the few things that Fi and Fe can both agree on, if Heart is any indication, though.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

It seems that Howard Beale is one of the few things that Fi and Fe can both agree on, if Heart is any indication, though.

Perhaps he is a demonstration of a balance between the two. An INFJ who has mastered Ti and is therefore able to make balanced feeling arguments that invoke the Fi sense of pride and personal conviction while at the same time utilizing the Fe's abilities to relate to others and to make an emotional presentation.

If that is the case then I can see why it would be worth it to develop my own Ti.

heart

heart on fire

I am not seeing why his rant was seen as especially Fe, for one thing he is clearly going against the status quo and he is attempting to disrupt harmony. It seem way more T than F, despite his passion. F would be too wimpy alone to give a rant like that I am thinking.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Perhaps he is a demonstration of a balance between the two. An INFJ who has mastered Ti and is therefore able to make balanced feeling arguments that invoke the Fi sense of pride and personal conviction while at the same time utilizing the Fe's abilities to relate to others and to make an emotional presentation.

If that is the case then I can see why it would be worth it to develop my own Ti.

Or perhaps he was just some poor man with a brain tumor taken advantage of by the big news networks.

Or, you know, yours is good too... :whistling: But yes, developing Ti is a good idea. Personal development is always a good idea. Or something.

You know, treating human beings LIKE HUMAN BEINGS. What a concept.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Or perhaps he was just some poor man with a brain tumor taken advantage of by the big news networks.

In the real world, the media would never utilize such a man. They will stick to Fi nut cases like Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reily.

Or, you know, yours is good too... :whistling: But yes, developing Ti is a good idea. Personal development is always a good idea. Or something.

:D

You know, treating human beings LIKE HUMAN BEINGS. What a concept.

Fortunately the anonymity of the internet frees my Fe from such a weighty obligation.

heart

heart on fire
In the real world, the media would never utilize such a man. They will stick to Fi nut cases like Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reily. ..

Now we need a thread to talk about the types of ALL the media whores, on the left and right. Are you claiming they are all Fi doms?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
In the real world, the media would never utilize such a man. They will stick to Fi nut cases like Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reily.

Yes. It's unfortunate. Fe nutcases are so much more entertaining!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I will give you Nancy Grace, it is true that she is a bit of an Fi nut case, but Bill O'Reilly?!?!?

He is screamingly Fe, c'mon now! He totally caters to a crowd, fucked up as he or they might be.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Now we need a thread to talk about the types of ALL the media whores, on the left and right. Are you claiming they are all Fi doms?

Actually, I'd be more inclined to say that they're STJs on the right, NFPs on the left.

Pick your poison.

heart

heart on fire
But Kiddo is claiming that Fe supports political correctness and the people on the left are usually the ones supporting political correctness and now you are claiming they are NFP, so they would be Fi, what gives here Kiddo? Explain this.

heart

heart on fire
I will give you Nancy Grace, it is true that she is a bit of an Fi nut case, but Bill O'Reilly?!?!?

He is screamingly Fe, c'mon now! He totally caters to a crowd, fucked up as he or they might be.

I think he is more Te, he doesn't strike me as much of a feeler.