User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It isn't reasoning. Let me explain it from how I experience it. I just feel the things I pick up from the environment. Let's take the example of the man being hung and imagine I had no experience like it before. When I get their I would immediately absorb the feelings of the tension of the crowd, the shock the crowd felt when the execution was over, the sadness of the family, etc. I absorb the memories of feelings infinitely better than the memories of actual events. The next time I would go to a hanging, I would not even need a crowd or the family there. All those feelings from the first hanging would come back in a rush and I would be able to empathize with the situation much better. I would have prior experience with which to substantiate my feelings.

Would you call that convention worshiping?
    No, but you haven't depicted the work of Fe in these statements. More so the interplay of Ni and Fe backed up by Ti.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    No, but you haven't depicted the work of Fe in these statements. More so the interplay of Ni and Fe backed up by Ti.
    How do you utilize a judging function without a perceiving function? Even CC explained Fi by discussing her intuitive speculation. As far as Ti, I doubt there is any present in that example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

How do you utilize a judging function without a perceiving function? Even CC explained Fi by discussing her intuitive speculation. As far as Ti, I doubt there is any present in that example.
    Judging function is not extricable from a perceiving in your psychic economy. In other words when you go on to make a decision, faculties of both judgment and perception inhered within this operation. However, when we dissect your patterns of thought we could see which notions in your mind were primarily inspired by judgment and which were primarily inspired by perception.

It is not possible for Ti not to be present in any of your value judgments as Ti is what makes it possible for you to communicate your feelings in objective terms. Likewise, it is also not possible for Intuition to work without sensation as without Sensation it would not possible to relate hunches to entities we all can observe. Hence, this reinforces my earlier point that all functions are necessary for your psyche to function.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENTP

This is Fi out of control.

Fi example.

Notice how she acted despite how everyone else was acting. (subjective)

This is Fe out of control.

Fe example.

Notice how she provided reasons and explanations for why she felt the way she did. (objective)

Any questions?
    I haven't been here for ages, but I just randomly picked this thread and it opened on the page of this post, I checked out the links and laughed my ass off. Where do they FIND these people??!!

Can we find some for Ti and Te out of control?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is Fi out of control.

Fi example.

Notice how she acted despite how everyone else was acting. (subjective)

This is Fe out of control.

Fe example.

Notice how she provided reasons and explanations for why she felt the way she did. (objective)

Any questions?
    Thanks Kiddo, I have effectively ruined my t-shirt from laughing so hard, (drool stains are hard to get rid of).

But, interestingly enough, I think that you have both examples mixed up, i.e. the first example is of Fe lunacy, and the second example is of Fi run amok!!!

And lastly, thank you, that first video made my week!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Think about this. Say an Fi and Fe character see a man publicly hung. Fe will say OUUHH THAT IS cruel because my mother taught me so. An Fi man will feel ouuh that must have been strangling on his neck, how must he have felt at the last moments of his life, did he think of his kids, his wife, mother, sibblings, etc? He empathizes directly. How you figure that this way is somehow less ethically wholesome than the earlier described Fe way is beyond me..
    Really bad example. Bad, bad, bad.

I can stretch my mind and imagine the times I've stubbed my toe on the bed or burned myself that the same feelings that applied to me apply to someone else. I don't need my mother to tell me some things. I really hope you revise your opinion of Fe and other functions you think lowly of.

And I don't think truth is something only Fi can appreciate. I can tactfully tell someone the truth and I want truth given to me. Sometimes I think when people conceptualize telling someone the truth, I think of the brutal truth where you try to rip someone's skin off their body all in the name of being "honest."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh God...

Extroverted judging functions, at its purest, only cares about it can readily see and judge. Thank goodness everyone's not only an extroverted judging function! Only an introverted judging function wouldn't be able to exist in the real world without serious problems -- it would be entirely unable to interact with other people and be something like Tommy from the rock-opera Tommy, deaf, dumb, and blind and caring for nothing but the judgments it can make from nothing.

I'd say be grateful that either of them exist, because otherwise the FPs and TJs would be nothing but results-whores with nothing holding them back at all, and the FJs and the TPs would only have their own version of logic that didn't work in the real world and no way to leave that prison.

...And I'd just like to note, lucky men are hung, unlucky men are hanged.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    ...And I'd just like to note, lucky men are hung, unlucky men are hanged.
    Hilarious!!!

I just fixed my errors.

Thanks

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Really bad example. Bad, bad, bad.
    Don't take it personally. He tries to extrapolate what the feeling judging functions are like outside of the perceiving functions and his obvious distaste for Fe shines through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENFJ

New rule:

You cannot accept the virtues of a function without accepting the potential flaws.

There. Does that solve the argument?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge