User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    There is radiospace that one has to pay for to listen to where these left-wing wackos reside. They do exist. They're merely hidden.

I am not at all saying that the mainstream media is left-wing biased but there are left-wing wackos and some of them do have radiospace. The radiospace just isn't public.
    Oh yes, there are lots of left wing wackos out there for sure. I wish a few made it to mainstream to balance out some of the right wing craziness.

Fi sensitivity usually comes in the form of actions rather than expressing sentiments. It's likely that you've just overlooked it.
    Perhaps. At least we can agree that Fi sensitivity is definitely not readily noticeable.

And it may have something to do with the initial meeting of Fe to Fi -- Fi-types feel that their personal space is being violated and Fe-types get angry when Fi-types don't submit to the niceties of the human version of butt-sniffing. They end up seeing each other and immediately not getting along, which then colors all interaction afterwards.
    It seems your perceptions of Fe are as objective as my perceptions of Fi.

But your explanation just collaborates what I am saying. Fi users only care about their own personal sensitivity. Do Fi users really not see any benefit in using tact or being respectful towards the differences of others? I guess the fact that you called it "the human version of butt sniffing" answers that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Read the psychological types. Many types there it is stated that Feeling is primarily concerned with processing emotion and human element. This means that feeling is concerned with being attuned with the human element, to be attuned with and to be sensitive to are synonymous.
    Oy vey!!!

This is just some convoluted meaninglessness.

"Feeling" and "Thinking" are both massively abstract concepts/constructs.

I cringe at definitions like the one you've stated, absolutely cringe.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Perhaps. At least we can agree that Fi sensitivity is definitely not readily noticeable.

It seems your perceptions of Fe are as objective as my perceptions of Fi.

But your explanation just collaborates what I am saying. Fi users only care about their own personal sensitivity. Do Fi users really not see any benefit in using tact or being respectful towards the differences of others? I guess the fact that you called it "the human version of butt sniffing" answers that question.
    Fi is more 'live and let live,' and therefore the niceties aren't really essential -- I'm not bothering you to use them, so why should you bother me? What we see is that the social niceties are bothering you only because you let them bother you.

Typical IFP/EFJ conversation:

EFJ: Hey! How was your day?
    IFP: *sniff*
    EFJ: What's wrong?
    IFP: n-none of your business...
    EFJ: What?
    IFP: I said it's none of your business all right? I-I don't want to talk about it.
    EFJ: If you tell me what's wrong, you'll feel better.
    IFP: No, I won't.
    EFJ: Yes you will.
    IFP: No I won't.
    EFJ: Yes, you will.
    IFP: No I wont!
    EFJ: YES YOU WILL AND THAT'S FINAL!
    IFP: WAAAAAAAAAAAH
    EFJ: TELL ME HOW YOUR DAY WAS, GODDAMNIT!
    IFP: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Read the psychological types. Many types there it is stated that Feeling is primarily concerned with processing emotion and human element. This means that feeling is concerned with being attuned with the human element, to be attuned with and to be sensitive to are synonymous.
    Well if I am going off Myers-Briggs type descriptions then I'm just going to have to assume that Fi users have sensitivity, but they just don't express it. That would explain why it is not readily noticeable and why it can only be perceived in actions. It doesn't really explain why Fi users are so repulsed by Fe users expressing their sensitivity.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fi users only care about their own personal sensitivity. Do Fi users really not see any benefit in using tact or being respectful towards the differences of others? .
    Um, not if the "tact and respect" that you speak of come at the cost of being fair, and by fair, I do mean honest.

Not everybody's feelings are valid, far from, in fact.

When someone is being a spiteful, jealous monster, it is just plain wrong to cater to their feewings.

Everyone stands to gain when everyone respects maintaining integrity to uphold the truth, i.e. the reality of things.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

@ Haphazard's EFJvsIFP example-CLASSIC
    Last edited by Thursday; 06-26-2008 at 02:55 AM.
    I N V I C T U S

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Well if I am going off Myers-Briggs type descriptions then I'm just going to have to assume that Fi users have sensitivity, but they just don't express it. That would explain why it is not readily noticeable and why it can only be perceived in actions. It doesn't really explain why Fi users are so repulsed by Fe users expressing their sensitivity.
    Fi expresses subtly, in a way that Fe cant see. You know..along the lines of how Fe doesnt smile or say 'nice to see you!'to Fe, Fe will assume the Fi doesnt appreciate them. So, just because you don't see it, doesn't meant it aint there Kiddo.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFJ

To an FP, Fe looks fake and shallow, and to a TJ, people only use Fe when they want something from us.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

To an FP, Fe looks fake and shallow, and to a TJ, people only use Fe when they want something from us.
    I for one use Fe only when I want to get myself something I want from people, unless of course it be a close relationship where my Fe shall be almost entirely subjugated to my Thinking values concerning fairness and clarity. There Fe will be supressed by Ti to the point where it can express nothing but the most earnest of emotive urges, there it shall be fully sincere. Yet when Fe is given free play in its own element, it is usually used as an instrument to attain practical results.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    OMNi

Fi is more 'live and let live,' and therefore the niceties aren't really essential -- I'm not bothering you to use them, so why should you bother me? What we see is that the social niceties are bothering you only because you let them bother you.

Typical IFP/EFJ conversation:

EFJ: Hey! How was your day?
    IFP: *sniff*
    EFJ: What's wrong?
    IFP: n-none of your business...
    EFJ: What?
    IFP: I said it's none of your business all right? I-I don't want to talk about it.
    EFJ: If you tell me what's wrong, you'll feel better.
    IFP: No, I won't.
    EFJ: Yes you will.
    IFP: No I won't.
    EFJ: Yes, you will.
    IFP: No I wont!
    EFJ: YES YOU WILL AND THAT'S FINAL!
    IFP: WAAAAAAAAAAAH
    EFJ: TELL ME HOW YOUR DAY WAS, GODDAMNIT!
    IFP: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    My feelings are dictated by the external environment. If somebody comes into work in a bad mood, then I'll end up in a bad mood. If I see someone sad, then eventually I will feel sad. If I don't talk about my feelings, then I won't feel better. I don't have a choice in the matter. I don't "let" negative external feelings bother me, they just do. That is why Ti is so promising. It allows for some detachment.

Are you saying that Fi users have a choice of whether or not they let the environment affect their feelings? How is that even possible? Where would your feelings even come from if they weren't spawned from the external environment? Do you just make up feelings based on how you think you should feel?