User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It's not just INTJs. All the big time Fe shadow people's are generally fierce individualists/conservatives/classical liberals.

That includes...

ENTJ, ESTJ
    INTJ, ISTJ
    ENFP, ESFP

When I overgeneralize, I do it big! Big I tell ya!
    Yes, but our "only redeeming quality?" Not so.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
    Ah, I knew there was a strategy. Of course, that saying comes with the supplement, "Keep your back to the wall."

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I don't mean to say that he's wrong just because its a stereotype. Stereotypes are founded in truth. But he generalizes to the point where I can't help but feel he sees everyone according to their stereotype.
    So basically you are just stereotyping me as a stereotyper because I occasionally make a few crude accusations of INTJs and I once disagreed with you on your type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ISTP

So basically you are just stereotyping me as a stereotyper because I occasionally make a few crude accusations of INTJs and I once disagreed with you on your type.
    Not quite...stereotypes are broad generalizations. It would be very hard to make a broad generalization about a single person.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

ByMySword

Cool

There's a stereotype of a stereotyper? Do explain.

And no, that's not why. I notice that you DO stereotype people a lot, moreso than others. And not just on type. But religion and political ideology. Do you deny this?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Damn you guys- get back on topic!!! :steam: You're no fun this way!

Get a room!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *tsk* ing Mr. G and BMS and anyone else who may be lurking and considering posting something akin to the idea that they weren't going to play along.

Society is governed by rules and give and take, as is the site- the same dynamics and rules apply here as apply in general. Uber had confidence problems and was easily influenced to go against the rules by others. It was what drew some people to encourage him that ended up getting him banned. I think that we can all learn a lesson about being wary of what we do in the future from that
    As much as I hate using quotes, this one is all too appropriate.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

However, in this case, I find the rules to be "tolerable", so I'm not getting myself into too much trouble
    TANSTAAFL!

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

He is making a *specific* observation about a singular individual, i.e. you. I don't get it.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Well then, you should have been wary enough of the rules not to poke your friend towards the bad side of them shouldn't you have...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Well then, you should have been wary enough of the rules not to poke your friend towards the bad side of them shouldn't you have...
    I wasn't aware that he was breaking them. Besides, I have no right to tell him what he can and cannot do.
    TANSTAAFL!

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    As much as I hate using quotes, this one is all too appropriate.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

However, in this case, I find the rules to be "tolerable", so I'm not getting myself into too much trouble
    In my opinion, the rules of society are guidelines, not rules. I view this forum as a way to talk with people just as if they were standing face to face with me. That means I feel I should be free to say anything I want to them. If I offend, then I will discuss it just as I would with a person in rl.