User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Then the functions need to be redefined because the types do not match the description you are trying to provide. The philosophy is inadequate.
    Okay then, you may as well stop talking about all the Fes and Fis out there as these are all Jungian terms you need to re-define. Your whole point is moot until you've achieved the aforementioned.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFJ

I believe this is a hopeless case.

But if it is hopeless, then why am I still here?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Honestly, I can't give you one offhand. They are not in the mainstream media -- at most, they get a blip on a left-leaning MSNBC show.

But they are out there. Trust me on this.
    Nonsense. There are undoubtedly people who work for the media who are left leaning, but the media itself is anything but left leaning. Raw news has to go through several filters before it gets to the American public. First it goes through the filter of removing anything that could lead to trouble for the ownership. Considering that the ownership of over 90% of the media is found within fewer than a dozen conglomerate corporations, you can imagine that there is quite a bit of control in that regard. Then it goes through the advertisement filter. The media is a business and it relies on advertisement in order to make more money than it pays out. Obviously if you report something bad about one of your advertisers or one other associates, it will translate into a loss of revenue. Then it has to go through the flak filter which removes any "offensive" content. And considering that we get most of our news through press releases from the government or corporations, it is already highly filtered.

So if after all that, you would have to be crazy to think the news we get is "left biased" or even anything like the raw news.

Key words. They don't not care about how others feel, they just don't care about how others feel about them. There's a pretty big difference.

I may not care much that a lot of people hate my guts, but I do care when I see someone obviously hurting.

The way Fi is seen by the public is not really important to them -- in fact, they usually find keeping up good appearances as offensive and shallow. But this doesn't mean that they're not sensitive.
    I'm happy to hear that an Fi user can have at least that much sensitivity. I've never experienced this Fi sensitivity firsthand, so perhaps I'm simply missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Okay then, you may as well stop talking about all the Fes and Fis out there as these are all Jungian terms you need to re-define. Your whole point is moot until you've achieved the aforementioned.
    The basic idea is still the same, only the attributes are under question. How does one seek truth and knowledge within a philosophy, when it is useless to even question the terms inherent within it? If a philosophy does not function in reality as it is believed it should in conjecture, then is it not wise to look back at the beginning and see if things can be better defined?

Honestly, if I've learned anything on this forum, it is that semantics are unavoidable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The basic idea is still the same, only the attributes are under question. How does one seek truth and knowledge within a philosophy, when it is useless to even question the terms inherent within it? If a philosophy does not function in reality as it is believed it should in conjecture, then is it not wise to look back at the beginning and see if things can be better defined?
    So you keep the basic idea the same. Yet you say that feeling (in case of Fi) no longer has anything to do with sensitivity. By this you no longer keep the basic idea the same as you discard an axiomatic notion of Jungian philosophy of psychology.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    ENFJ

Nonsense. There are undoubtedly people who work for the media who are left leaning, but the media itself is anything but left leaning. Raw news has to go through several filters before it gets to the American public. First it goes through the filter of removing anything that could lead to trouble for the ownership. Considering that the ownership of over 90% of the media is found within fewer than a dozen conglomerate corporations, you can imagine that there is quite a bit of control in that regard. Then it goes through the advertisement filter. The media is a business and it relies on advertisement in order to make more money than it pays out. Obviously if you report something bad about one of your advertisers or one other associates, it will translate into a loss of revenue. Then it has to go through the flak filter which removes any "offensive" content. And considering that we get most of our news through press releases from the government or corporations, it is already highly filtered.

So if after all that, you would have to be crazy to think the news we get is "left biased" or even anything like the raw news.
    There is radiospace that one has to pay for to listen to where these left-wing wackos reside. They do exist. They're merely hidden.

I am not at all saying that the mainstream media is left-wing biased but there are left-wing wackos and some of them do have radiospace. The radiospace just isn't public.

I'm happy to hear that an Fi user can have at least that much sensitivity. I've never experienced this Fi sensitivity firsthand, so perhaps I'm simply missing something.
    Fi sensitivity usually comes in the form of actions rather than expressing sentiments. It's likely that you've just overlooked it.

And it may have something to do with the initial meeting of Fe to Fi -- Fi-types feel that their personal space is being violated and Fe-types get angry when Fi-types don't submit to the niceties of the human version of butt-sniffing. They end up seeing each other and immediately not getting along, which then colors all interaction afterwards.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    So you keep the basic idea the same. Yet you say that feeling (in case of Fi) no longer has anything to do with sensitivity. By this you no longer keep the basic idea the same as you discard an axiomatic notion of Jungian philosophy of psychology.
    Where does it say in Jungian philosophy that sensitivity is an inherent part of feeling?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lol, at the absolute absurdity of this thread.

Let's just face it, *stupid* people are the primary source of all human problems. And *most* people are stupid.

And that's just my Filosophy!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Where does it say in Jungian philosophy that sensitivity is an inherent part of feeling?
    Read the psychological types. Many types there it is stated that Feeling is primarily concerned with processing emotion and human element. This means that feeling is concerned with being attuned with the human element, to be attuned with and to be sensitive to are synonymous.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Blue, dear, I'm inclined to say that this one's a lost cause.