User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 414

  1. #271
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Are you just trying to start an argument with me? When did Hap say that newspeople are likelty to be EFP?

    Fi user either way.
    Fi is not his dom judging function.

  2. #272
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I said left-wing attention whores are likely to be NFP, not EFP.
    I must have missed it.

    I really don't know what socioeconomic leaning various personality types would have. I do know that NTJs are definitely the most likely to be traditionally conservative and NFJs are the most likely to be traditionally liberal. That's just from the studies I've seen in that regard and from my experience. As far as why we are even on the topic of left wing attention whores, I have no idea where that even came from. Are you talking about the media? Bill O'Reilly and Nancy Grace are both conservative. And anyone who seriously thinks the media is left wing biased really has no clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  3. #273
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Fi is not his dom judging function.


    Ooooooook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  4. #274
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I disagree. I see nothing in Fi to indicate that sensitivity or tact are a part of its process. Sometimes, it seems to even be the opposite, as in a complete rejection of sensitivity and tact.
    Fi is a feeling function just like Fe. Sensitivity is very close to the essence of Feeling itself. Fi however is closer to the essence of feeling as feeling takes place within the mind of the individual which is in the realm of introversion. Because Fi resides closer to the realm of introversion it is in closer affinity with the essence of Feeling itself.

    So, whatever qualities you attribute to Fe you must also attribute to Fi to a greater degree.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #275
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Fi is a feeling function just like Fe. Sensitivity is very close to the essence of Feeling itself. Fi however is closer to the essence of feeling as feeling takes place within the mind of the individual which is in the realm of introversion. Because Fi resides closer to the realm of introversion it is in closer affinity with the essence of Feeling itself.

    So, whatever qualities you attribute to Fe you must also attribute to Fi to a greater degree.
    I think you are losing from your conjectured philosophy what is readily apparent in observation. Fi users are by no means concerned with sensitivity. They often act as if it is a burden on their sensibilities to even contemplate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #276
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I must have missed it.

    I really don't know what socioeconomic leaning various personality types would have. I do know that NTJs are definitely the most likely to be traditionally conservative and NFJs are the most likely to be traditionally liberal. That's just from the studies I've seen in that regard and from my experience. As far as why we are even on the topic of left wing attention whores, I have no idea where that even came from. Are you talking about the media? Bill O'Reilly and Nancy Grace are both conservative. And anyone who seriously thinks the media is left wing biased really has no clue.
    If anything from my experience, NTJs are likely to be socially liberal yet financially conservative (Everyone can do what they like with their lives, just keep your hands off of the money!).

    From the media that's on the screens and radios at my house every day, I can certainly say that there are left-wing wackos. However, they don't get much attention from the mainstream media, so perhaps 'attention-whores' is the wrong term -- because if that's what they're trying to do, they're doing a very bad job of it.


    Kiddo, I think you're a bit muddled. Just because something isn't readily apparent doesn't mean it's not there. On the surface, INJs seem uncreative, ITPs not logical, so it would follow that IFPs seem insensitive -- when actually, nothing could be farther from the truth.

    The main problem between Fe in understanding Fi is that Fe needs to see this sensitivity, or therefore it doesn't exist. Kind of like how the INTJ dies a little inside every time they see another INTP dedicate himself to string theory.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #277
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If anything from my experience, NTJs are likely to be socially liberal yet financially conservative (Everyone can do what they like with your lives, just keep your hands off of the money!).
    Traditional conservative translates into free market libertarian today. So that is somewhat correct. "Socially liberal" is best translated as "live and let live". But socioeconomically, there can be a difference of opinion of how that is best achieved.

    From the media that's on the screens and radios at my house every day, I can certainly say that there are left-wing wackos. However, they don't get much attention from the mainstream media, so perhaps 'attention-whores' is the wrong term -- because if that's what they're trying to do, they're doing a very bad job of it.
    Could you give me an example of some prominent left wingers on mainstream media.

    Kiddo, I think you're a bit muddled. Just because something isn't readily apparent doesn't mean it's not there. On the surface, INJs seem uncreative, ITPs not logical, so it would follow that IFPs seem insensitive -- when actually, nothing could be farther from the truth.
    I've been told, flat out, by NFPs that they don't care about other people's sensitivities, and I only have to find a CaptainChick thread to see an NFP proclamation about how she doesn't care how others feel about her. Honestly, I would love to see an NFP who cares about sensitivity, but it often seems to offend them. To me, it seems like all they care about is how they feel. I haven't seen a strong empathetic ability inherent in Fi. To the contrary, every big Fi user I have encountered on this forum seems to like to constantly attack me for my Fe sensibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  8. #278
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I think you are losing from your conjectured philosophy what is readily apparent in observation. Fi users are by no means concerned with sensitivity. They often act as if it is a burden on their sensibilities to even contemplate it.
    How do you decode Fi?

    Introverted Feeling?

    Jung defines Feeling as a judgment faculty oriented by emotional sensitivity. If you adapt any other definition, you're dealing with a concept wholly different from what we are all here to discuss.

    By Jungian definition to be Feeler and to be attuned with emotional sensitivity doubtlessly mean the same thing.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #279
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    How do you decode Fi?

    Introverted Feeling?

    Jung defines Feeling as a judgment faculty oriented by emotional sensitivity. If you adapt any other definition, you're dealing with a concept wholly different from what we are all here to discuss.

    By Jungian definition to be Feeler and to be attuned with emotional sensitivity doubtlessly mean the same thing.
    Then the functions need to be redefined because the types do not match the description you are trying to provide. The philosophy is inadequate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  10. #280
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Could you give me an example of some prominent left wingers on mainstream media.
    Honestly, I can't give you one offhand. They are not in the mainstream media -- at most, they get a blip on a left-leaning MSNBC show.

    But they are out there. Trust me on this.

    I've been told, flat out, by NFPs that they don't care about other people's sensitivities, and I only have to find a CaptainChick thread to see an NFP proclamation about how she doesn't care how others feel about her. Honestly, I would love to see an NFP who cares about sensitivity, but it often seems to offend them. To me, it seems like all they care about is how they feel. I haven't seen a strong empathetic ability inherent in Fi. To the contrary, every big Fi user I have encountered on this forum seems to like to constantly attack me for my Fe sensibilities.
    Key words. They don't not care about how others feel, they just don't care about how others feel about them. There's a pretty big difference.

    I may not care much that a lot of people hate my guts, but I do care when I see someone obviously hurting.

    The way Fi is seen by the public is not really important to them -- in fact, they usually find keeping up good appearances as offensive and shallow. But this doesn't mean that they're not sensitive.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] How can I use Fe instead of Fi?
    By Myths Of Zephyr in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 12:18 AM
  2. esfp/isfp: se versus fi; who is leading the race?
    By wolfy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 06:22 PM
  3. [Fi] Fe in an Fi household (Welp.)
    By Ling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
  4. What's the difference between hurt Fe and hurt Fi?
    By Thalassa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 01:32 AM
  5. [NF] Living Fe from an Fi perspective
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO