User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The point is that they were supposed to explain what happens when Fi and Fe spiral out of control. The guy with Britney was probably not even an FJ, (just a wild guess) but was decrying getting along with other people -- which is quintessentially Fe.
    i think he's an IFP actually.

I'd say inferior Fi user (ETJ) because from my observations of ITJs, misuse of teritary Fi immobilizes the person and collapses in on itself rather than explode like that.
    ah. well, my mom is an ISTJ and she can explode like that, although she isn't nearly as insane as that woman...

MBTI
    OMNi

That's not what I meant. ;_;

Fi gets corrupted by the inside, Fe corrupted by the outside. How much Fe is corrupted depends wholly on the environment -- Fi's corruption depends on the strength and nature of the individual.

I mean, which would you rather entrust your values to? Either of them could be a raw deal, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "Feeling reflects the worst of human nature." I suppose when the worst parts of human nature are revealed, it's through feeling, but if not entirely good, I'd say for the most part, feeling is mostly harmless.

It's those damn perceiving functions I'd be worried about.
    I see what you are saying. Judging functions are only as good as the information they base their decisions on, and that is the perceiving functions duty.

I still think they both suck though.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Based on what?

You must not like IFPs much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post

ah. well, my mom is an ISTJ and she can explode like that, although she isn't nearly as insane as that woman...
    Yeah, the guy is probably IFP -- I can't really imagine an FJ doing something like that.

So are these two poor examples of Fi, one being dominant (being a bleeding-heart for something that doesn't require it) and one being inferior (being wildly an irrationally explosive at the breach of values) ?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    OMNi

Yeah, the guy is probably IFP -- I can't really imagine an FJ doing something like that.

So are these two poor examples of Fi, one being dominant (being a bleeding-heart for something that doesn't require it) and one being inferior (being wildly an irrationally explosive at the breach of values) ?
    If you are gonna question my superb examples, then I demand you provide a better example of Fe gone nuts.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    If you are gonna question my superb examples, then I demand you provide a better example of Fe gone nuts.
    I saw this and for some reason the first thing I thought of was Network.

Howard Beale, mad prophet of the airwaves! INFJ or just some nut with a brain tumor?

MBTI
    OMNi

Touche.

But I would not call your example nuts, I would say he was being very reasonable.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Touche.

But I would not call your example nuts, I would say he was being very reasonable.
    Oh, he's quite reasonable -- the only madness is in his presentation.

Although, it's the presentation that draws the public's attention. And that makes it not only mad, but brilliant. It's better to be both than neither.

heart on fire

Howard Beale, mad prophet of the airwaves! INFJ or just some nut with a brain tumor?
    Actually Howard Beale seemed to have a pretty good idea going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
    Howard Beale: [shouting] You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
    [shouting]
    'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
    [screaming at the top of his lungs] "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

MBTI
    OMNi

Oh, he's quite reasonable -- the only madness is in his presentation.

Although, it's the presentation that draws the public's attention. And that makes it not only mad, but brilliant. It's better to be both than neither.
    I thought Fe irritated you. Now it sounds like you are singing its praises, rhetoric and all.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I thought Fe irritated you. Now it sounds like you are singing its praises, rhetoric and all.
    Network is one of my favorite movies.

It seems that Howard Beale is one of the few things that Fi and Fe can both agree on, if Heart is any indication, though.