User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 414

  1. #231
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I don't know if exactly 'bigoted' and 'overly PC' are the right words. I'd say that, at worst, 'invasive' for Fe and 'egocentric' for Fi would be more accurate. Ironically Fe seems to be intolerant of Fi (even though they get to tout 'tolerance' as one of their strong points) and Fi can be plenty tolerant if it sees tolerant as an important part of its values system.

    *AHEM.*

    And everyone knows that lunacy is primarily Ni, and idiocy is primarily Se.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #232
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    These are fundamental tenets of Feeling. Not only Fe.
    I disagree. I see nothing in Fi to indicate that sensitivity or tact are a part of its process. Sometimes, it seems to even be the opposite, as in a complete rejection of sensitivity and tact.

    The salient difference between Fe and Fi is that the former derives its values from society and the latter from the individual. Naturally the former has more loyalty to the individual than to the society and latter vice versa.
    How is that in disagreement with what I said overall? Just out of curiosity, do you read through the whole post before you reply?

    Only corrupt Fi behaves in the fashion you've described, it becomes slave of the ego analogously to how Fe becomes slave of the object.
    If that is the case then most of the NFPs and NTJs I encounter on this forum utilize corrupt Fi. It is a mainstay that they only care about how they feel about themselves. How others feel about them or their values is irrelevant.

    Sound Fi is concerned with the welfare of the individual by and large, it asks questions most akin to how is my life best lived? It appeals to all individuals not just the individual asking the question.
    I find no appeal to the absolution inherent in Fi, so I am the exception to your rule. The exception disproves the rule.

    Soren Kierkegaard exemplifies this phenomenon. Unsound Fi will be egocentric just like unsound Fe shall prostitute the inner being in favor of the community.
    That is more or less what I was saying.

    Bigotry is usually a result of groupthink. As Nietzsche said, insanity in individuals is rare, but in groups more common. No individual, no matter how obtuse would endorse tenets akin to racism or sexism or any other prominent forms of bigotry. Fe is therefore in closer affinity with bigotry as this function is more likely to give into groupthink.
    I'm not speaking in terms of philosophy, but in terms of observable psychology. Most of the NTP/NFJ vs. NFP/NTJ battles on this forum end up with the NTP/NFJ side calling the NFP/NTJ side "intolerant" or "prejudiced" and the NFP/NTJ side calling the NTP/NFJ side "imposing" or "coercive". I have examples if you would like to see them. You can start by looking at the "Forum Politics" thread in the Graveyard which demonstrates a division between those two groups, and many of the subsequent accusations. So I find your conclusion about Fe to have absolutely no basis in reality. Philosophy and conjecture does not take precedence over science and observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  3. #233
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Kiddo's prejudice against Fi is scary.

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i think those are some pretty good examples... the only thing is, i think the first lady is a tertiary Fi user (seems like an ISTJ).
    I'd say inferior Fi user (ETJ) because from my observations of ITJs, misuse of teritary Fi immobilizes the person and collapses in on itself rather than explode like that.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #234
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't know if exactly 'bigoted' and 'overly PC' are the right words. I'd say that, at worst, 'invasive' for Fe and 'egocentric' for Fi would be more accurate. Ironically Fe seems to be intolerant of Fi (even though they get to tout 'tolerance' as one of their strong points) and Fi can be plenty tolerant if it sees tolerant as an important part of its values system.

    *AHEM.*
    Those are probably superior word choices.

    When I think of Fi I think of Ayn Rand's, "enlightend self interest" and when I think of Fe I think of the Aristotle's Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

    And everyone knows that lunacy is primarily Ni, and idiocy is primarily Se.
    Thanks for condemning my type along with yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Kiddo's prejudice against Fi is scary.
    I've been told as much.

    My greatest flaw is I have a lot of Fi, but I'm not very good at utilizing it. Thus I am doomed to become what I despise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  5. #235
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Kiddo's prejudice against Fi is scary.

  6. #236
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Those are probably superior word choices.

    When I think of Fi I think of Ayn Rand's, "enlightend self interest" and when I think of Fe I think of the Aristotle's Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
    Well, the only problem with that is that if Fi decides to absorb Aristotle's Golden Rule as an axiom, it can apply to Fi as well as Fe.

    I can respect the way Fe works but it just tends to rub me the wrong way in real life.

    Thanks for condemning my type along with yours.
    Oh, I love to condemn Ni. It's just so damned condemnable.

    I've been told as much.

    My greatest flaw is I have a lot of Fi, but I'm not very good at utilizing it. Thus I am doomed to become what I despise.
    Have you, umm, ever thought of trying to use it better instead of ranting against it?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #237
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, the only problem with that is that if Fi decides to absorb Aristotle's Golden Rule as an axiom, it can apply to Fi as well as Fe.
    Actually, it has been tried. Have you ever heard, "Judge not ye be judged". However, the proof is in the putting. Despite the fact those words were spoken by JC himself, many Fi motivated Christians still cling to condemning sins simply because they are mentioned in the Old Testament. They call this, following the "Holy Spirit", which is a little voice inside them that tells them the difference between "right and wrong conduct". Sound familiar? Fi is a sneaky little bugger.

    I can respect the way Fe works but it just tends to rub me the wrong way in real life.
    I think Fi serves a purpose, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way.

    Oh, I love to condemn Ni. It's just so damned condemnable.
    The sad thing is that I understand why others condemn Ni (coming to conclusions with insufficient information) but I simply don't care. And yet at the same time, I condemn Fi. Of course, Fi users don't really care that I condemn their function anymore than I care that others condemn mine.

    Have you, umm, ever thought of trying to use it better instead of ranting against it?
    I've been trying to utilize Fe to accept Fi under the tenant that it makes many individuals happy and should be respected as a form of diversity. However, Fi often rejects the very reasoning I use to try to accept it, so in order to rise above, I need to be detached, which means I have to utilize that damn Ti thinking function. So I just need to learn how to use my tertiary function and I'll be set. But when I am in an emtional state, that proves difficult if not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  8. #238
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Actually, it has been tried. Have you ever heard, "Judge not ye be judged". However, the proof is in the putting. Despite the fact those words were spoken by JC himself, many Fi motivated Christians still cling to condemning sins simply because they are mentioned in the Old Testament. They call this, following the "Holy Spirit", which is a little voice inside them that tells them the difference between "right and wrong conduct". Sound familiar? Fi is a sneaky little bugger.
    You seem to be ignoring the other puddings. A lot of Christianity may be Fi-motivated, Fe can create an environment of 'cultural Christianity,' instead of caring about the tenets of Christianity instead cares whether people are Christian or not, believing because people are 'saved' by Christianity, so therefore constantly trying to convert others to Christianity because they 'care' about them.

    Because of their social environment, they have no limits on being PC and therefore don't understand that this is being invasive to people of other religions. Their environment has led them to believe that Christianity is the One True Path and that everyone else should follow it, too.

    I'm willing to concede that many of the lunatics are Fi, however it's Fe that allows the lunacy to perpetuate and grow (thus the poison of 'groupthink' that Spinoza here was talking about). Fi is the spark, but Fe merely fans the flames.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #239
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Ok. I concede that they both suck. Feeling reflects the worst of human nature.

    It's only redeeming quality is it can, at times, reflect the best of human nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  10. #240
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    That's not what I meant. ;_;

    Fi gets corrupted by the inside, Fe corrupted by the outside. How much Fe is corrupted depends wholly on the environment -- Fi's corruption depends on the strength and nature of the individual.

    I mean, which would you rather entrust your values to? Either of them could be a raw deal, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "Feeling reflects the worst of human nature." I suppose when the worst parts of human nature are revealed, it's through feeling, but if not entirely good, I'd say for the most part, feeling is mostly harmless.

    It's those damn perceiving functions I'd be worried about.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] How can I use Fe instead of Fi?
    By Myths Of Zephyr in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 12:18 AM
  2. esfp/isfp: se versus fi; who is leading the race?
    By wolfy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 06:22 PM
  3. [Fi] Fe in an Fi household (Welp.)
    By Ling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
  4. What's the difference between hurt Fe and hurt Fi?
    By Thalassa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 01:32 AM
  5. [NF] Living Fe from an Fi perspective
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO