User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 414

  1. #121
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    So, basically you are talking about discontinuous political growth, i.e. revolution?!?!?
    Not revolution; evolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    The first political construct was Hammurabi who initiated the first code of law, "An eye for an eye."
    So people like to say.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #122
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So people like to say.
    That would be because people are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  3. #123
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    When two people are together and one exerts his will on the other, there's government.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  4. #124
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    When two people are together and one exerts his will on the other, there's government.
    And when three people get together, and they agree to vote on decisions they make as a group, then there is democracy with checks and balances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Mr Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    And when three people get together, and they agree to vote on decisions they make as a group, then there is democracy with checks and balances.
    No, sir. That is called tyranny of the majority. Unless there is consensus, the one person who thinks differently will always be forced to do something he does not want to do.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

  6. #126
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    When two people are together and one exerts his will on the other, there's government.
    Yep, and I often say this when I heckle people for romantic troubles.
    I say: "It's a government of only two people! How can you fail to manage even that?!"
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #127
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    No, sir. That is called tyranny of the majority. Unless there is consensus, the one person who thinks differently will always be forced to do something he does not want to do.
    The fact that I said they "agree" to the system, is lost to you because every time they vote there is the possibility that one individual won't get his way. And you say you aren't an anarchist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  8. #128
    Senior Member Mr Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    The fact that I said they "agree" to the system, is lost to you because every time they vote there is the possibility that one individual won't get his way. And you say you aren't an anarchist.
    I missed the "agree" part. However, we did not agree to the current system that is in place, so that detail is immaterial.

    As far as being an anarchist...that's a good question. I, myself, am not entirely sure about it. One could argue that the world will always be anarchistic. However, I view government as a necessary evil that should be miniscule and weak except for the purposes of law to keep people from killing one another.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

  9. #129
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    When two people are together and one exerts his will on the other, there's government.
    Reading that inspires anarchy in my heart!!!

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  10. #130
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    I missed the "agree" part. However, we did not agree to the current system that is in place, so that detail is immaterial.
    What do you mean by that?
    At it's root, government is always consensual.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] How can I use Fe instead of Fi?
    By Myths Of Zephyr in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 12:18 AM
  2. esfp/isfp: se versus fi; who is leading the race?
    By wolfy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 06:22 PM
  3. [Fi] Fe in an Fi household (Welp.)
    By Ling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
  4. What's the difference between hurt Fe and hurt Fi?
    By Thalassa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 01:32 AM
  5. [NF] Living Fe from an Fi perspective
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO