• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Type Me Based on My Enneagram Tritype and Instinctual Variant?

Dania Ross

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w?
Hey, all. So, I've had a pretty difficult time typing myself into a particular xSTx type, though I think I'm probably a xSTP. I constantly shift back and forth between types and am sick of the whiplash. :dry: Sometimes enneagram type corresponds to MB type, so I figured I'd give it a try. Here goes.

I am: a 8w7-3w4-6w5 sx/so or sp/sx. Not as sure about the stackings, but whatever. :shrug:

So, I'm not gonna give you more information at this point, but I will be here if needed. Thanks for taking the time to help me figure this out!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
myers_briggs_enneagram.jpg

Bear in mind any type can be any enneagram, just that certain combinations aren't common.

Dania Ross

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w?
Thanks for the insight. It definitely makes sense to me. I am curious, though; do the instinctual stackings have anything to do with MB type, or is it really just the tritype that does it?

and yeah, the graphic is awesome!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be inclined to think ESTP from the info you gave us. Personally I would base that most off your identification with types 8 and 3. Otherwise, hard to say unless we get more info. :)

Finding the interaction between MBTI type and Enneagram seems to be...tricky. I certainly haven't found any consensus about whether stackings, or tritype, or whatever, give a firm indication as to MBTI type.

Some people will say that you can find absolutely any e-type with any MBTI type. So, along with the more usual combinations like INFJ type 4 or ESFP type 7, according to this theory, you can also have really atypical ones like...INTJ type 2, or ESFJ type 5...etc. I can't quite make my mind up about that. In a way it makes sense but it just seems super-unlikely for some combinations...

I think you may simply find eventually when you settle on both types that they offer insight into different aspects of your personality and intersect in a way that clarifies the whole picture. :) That's kind of what I found for me.

Dania Ross

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w?
Everything you've said so far actually makes a lot of sense to me. Weirdly enough, I've decided that I'm a ISFP type 7, probably with a 712 tritype, and maybe a 8-wing to explain my assertiveness while still being a ISFP (never did like the descriptions that made them seem like doormats, because I'm not usually one).

I did a lot of soul-searching recently and realized that I would force myself to act a certain way when I was stressed (and still am). The first time I took the Myers-Briggs I tested as a ENTJ. :blush: I guess that's what happens when I get stressed. I'm not me when I'm hungry...or angry. How does that jingle go again? Anyway, I forced myself to act as and think I was a T when the truth is, I have way too many personal convictions, I'm just not that logical, and I have a hyperactive Te under stress. I really connect with my NF and S friends, and I can have fun with NTs unless they're just unfeeling aliens from the Planet X (like my INTP guy friend. Seriously, what planet does he live on?). I really like the combo of ISFP and Type 7 because it explains why my INFP 9w1 friend describes me as such a "bundle of contradictions". I'm reserved and outgoing, like introspection and fast-paced action, love my friends and my schoolwork, am not afraid to stand up for what I believe in but can't stand up to my ESTJ mother, etc. I'm liking this. I'm liking this a lot. :D

Do you have any advice on more self-discovery (as an INFJ you're probably great at that) for someone who's identified themselves as every single type at one point (except for INxPs)? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!