123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default For which types does E/I make the biggest difference?

ISTJ and ESTJ seem pretty similar and so do ENFP and INFP
    but ISFP and ESFP seem completely different and so do ENTP and INTP.
    thoughts?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Aren't Fe types usually somewhat outgoing even if they are introverted? Makes it harder to distinguish their preference.

I can see enneagram playing a role here too. An INTJ 5 can be very different from an ENTJ 8, but if they are both type 8 they might look very similar.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I don't know about that. I generally think ENFP's have a completely different vibe from INFP's.

And I have one friend that blurs the E/I lines, but is a definite xNTP. I just can't decide which!

If the E/I is more balanced, the xSFP's can look somewhat alike. There are also the definite ISFP's and the definite ESFP's. But there are quite a number that fall somewhere in the middle.

ENTJ and INTJ. They're completely different. The ENTJ's I know are just as talkative as ESFP's. (No offense to anyone, but these are the two most talkative types, at least from my pool of friends.) The INTJ's I know blend into the wood work, in comparison. They're literally the types of guys that can get around and not ever be noticed, living almost invisibly. ENTJ's make their presence known and will talk at anyone and everyone.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

depends on if you're comparing energy level or vibe or what i think...i think people might mistype me as an infp if they were looking for classic extraversion but there's a pretty noticeable difference imo.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ISTJ and ESTJ seem pretty similar and so do ENFP and INFP
    but ISFP and ESFP seem completely different and so do ENTP and INTP.
    thoughts?
    I think they all make a big difference I and E are very noticeable, It's easy to sense when someone is an I or an E right off the bat but figuring out whether they are a J or P takes a bit more in getting to know the person. That's just from my experience anyways. ENFP and INFP are still very different it just depends on the angle your viewing it from. I've seen ISFPs act very "ESPish" and ISTJs and ESTJ are a world apart, again it all depends on how you look at it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    Aren't Fe types usually somewhat outgoing even if they are introverted? Makes it harder to distinguish their preference.

I can see enneagram playing a role here too. An INTJ 5 can be very different from an ENTJ 8, but if they are both type 8 they might look very similar.
    what about an INTJ 8w7 and an ENTJ 5w6? my INTJ 8 friend frequently looks like an extrovert due to his 8w7 drive, overt assertiveness and tendency toward excess and intensity.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think they all make a big difference I and E are very noticeable, It's easy to sense when someone is an I or an E right off the bat but figuring out whether they are a J or P takes a bit more in getting to know the person. That's just from my experience anyways. ENFP and INFP are still very different it just depends on the angle your viewing it from. I've seen ISFPs act very "ESPish" and ISTJs and ESTJ are a world apart, again it all depends on how you look at it.
    in a very developed person, I and E can (but not always) be very hard to tell apart. this is especially true if the person is older. if you look at a 50 year old ISTJ and a 50 year old ESTJ, usually there is hardly a difference. extroversion level is best observed during childhood and teen years, but even then, it's not always so easy, especially in the case of ENFP, a type which is always in their head, prone to daydreaming and often more energized by ideas than people. I would even go so far as to say that your average ISFJ is more extroverted than your average ENFP
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It depends on the setting. My son is ISFP and one of my sisters is ESFP. They are very, very different people. However when my son is in his "extroverting" mode, he reminds me a great deal of my sister. The rapid-fire wit, cleverness, and 'performance' thing that they both do. When my sister is an introverted mode, she behaves in a fashion that I think my son probably would (if he were unhealthy...).

Most of the time ENTPs and INTPs come across as different but again in certain settings, some INTPs can give off ENTPish vibes. I often do but it's only because I've learned the hard way that I need to push my NeFe forward in social settings. Unfortunately, it's not a perfect system and I can get out of control. Or at the very least, give an entirely different impression of myself than what really exists.

ENFPs and INFPs seem very different to me. So do INTJs and ENTJs.

ISTP and ESTP similar but not enough to me to be confused about the E/I.

Not sure about the rest of the E/I.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what about an INTJ 8w7 and an ENTJ 5w6? my INTJ 8 friend frequently looks like an extrovert due to his 8w7 drive, overt assertiveness and tendency toward excess and intensity.
    I don't know, first of all I have a hard time imagining an ENTJ 5w6. (Real life examples?) Depends on how heavy their preference for extraversion or introversion is, if the INTJ 8w7 resources are quickly depleted but the ENTJ 5w6 are recharged though a bit more contained in social sitautions. But ENTJ's, especially with prominent Se, are usually easy to distinguish from INTJ's because Te/Se makes them really grounded and pragmatic, while INTJ's can be too preoccupied with their own visions and reject their inferior Se.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Interesting question.

I think as an INFJ I can come across quite ENFJ sometimes, which to me is about the strong Fe, and the fact that it's the most "useful" function in my life in a lot of ways... I relate so much to what a lot of the ENFJs say/do that I really feel sometimes that the biggest difference is just that ENFJs are a lot more dramatic about how they put their feelings across (but the feelings are very similar to INFJ feelings).

Major differences... Off the top of my head, I'd say that ESFP/ISFP, ENTJ/INTJ, ESFJ/ISFJ and ENTP/INTP all seem very different.

I think ESTJ/ISTJ and ESTP/ISTP seem more similar.

Some of those are definitely based on personal IRL experience, some more on what I've observed on this forum and my knowledge of the types generally.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING