Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    I don't know, first of all I have a hard time imagining an ENTJ 5w6. (Real life examples?) Depends on how heavy their preference for extraversion or introversion is, if the INTJ 8w7 resources are quickly depleted but the ENTJ 5w6 are recharged though a bit more contained in social sitautions. But ENTJ's, especially with prominent Se, are usually easy to distinguish from INTJ's because Te/Se makes them really grounded and pragmatic, while INTJ's can be too preoccupied with their own visions and reject their inferior Se.
    Bill Gates is an ENTJ 5w6
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It seems like a given IxxJ type looks more like its ExxJ counterpart than an IxxP type looks like its ExxP counterpart. In other words:

More similar looking:
    ISTJ--ESTJ
    ISFJ--ESFJ
    INFJ--ENFJ
    INTJ--ENTJ

Less similar looking:
    ISTP--ESTP
    ISFP--ESFP
    INTP--ENTP
    INFP--ENFP

That's just based on my personal observations and I don't have a very big sample size so take with a grain of salt.

It seems to me that the ISFJs and ESFJs can look alot alike and I can easily confuse one for another. Maybe I just happen to know more xSFJ types. I think ISFJs can appear rather extraverted due to auxilary Fe. They like to do the socially acceptable thing, often are gracious hosts, much like the ESFJ counterparts.

On the other hand ISFP and ESFP seem quite different to me but again this is based on who I happen to know.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    in a very developed person, I and E can (but not always) be very hard to tell apart. this is especially true if the person is older. if you look at a 50 year old ISTJ and a 50 year old ESTJ, usually there is hardly a difference. extroversion level is best observed during childhood and teen years, but even then, it's not always so easy, especially in the case of ENFP, a type which is always in their head, prone to daydreaming and often more energized by ideas than people. I would even go so far as to say that your average ISFJ is more extroverted than your average ENFP
    ISFJ isn't more extroverted than ENFP they may just appear that way because of how they interact with people around them. Maybe they can relate to other "SJs" more than ENFPs so they appear more extroverted. ISFJ are still introverts and ENFPs are still extroverts. I can tell the difference between a 60 year old ISTJ and a 60 year old ESTJ which I have and I can tell you there is a big difference. However depending on the person it could be hard to tell.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    It depends on the setting. My son is ISFP and one of my sisters is ESFP. They are very, very different people. However when my son is in his "extroverting" mode, he reminds me a great deal of my sister. The rapid-fire wit, cleverness, and 'performance' thing that they both do. When my sister is an introverted mode, she behaves in a fashion that I think my son probably would (if he were unhealthy...).
    This is one of the reasons why I think I could be ISFP...my mother is ESFP and was a VERY RAMBUNCTIOUS CHILD ...she was kind of a trouble-maker, but in a light-hearted way, not in a mean way...except her stories about laughing at her sister in high school...my mother is definitely more extroverted than I am in the traditional sense of extroversion, but when I extrovert I AM SO MUCH LIKE HER. I can be all singing, all dancing, and have her sense of humor and histrionics. My sisters see our similiarities in build and some underlying facets of our personality. But I can get a lot more reclusive and bookish than her, I am quieter than her, and she's almost always doing...she only gets introverted when she's tired, sick, or someone hurt her feelings or something...you can see her Fi fragility then, she seems more like an Fi dom if someone is mean to her and makes her cry, she seems more IxFP...but that's really the only time.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    she's almost always doing...she only gets introverted when she's tired, sick, or someone hurt her feelings or something...you can see her Fi fragility then, she seems more like an Fi dom if someone is mean to her and makes her cry, she seems more IxFP...but that's really the only time.
    Wow...that is my sister--right there!

The E in my sister causes her to become frantically busy to keep her out of her head when distressed. If that fails, then she does what you described above. Unfortunately, this happens quite frequently because she's spent years in abusive relationships.

The I in my son causes him to ponder and then work his Fi out in the physical realm...usually music.

It's kind of funny because they get along really well. It's especially fun to be around them both at the same time--they almost seem to switch personalities when interacting. Beyond that, I think you'd have to spend time to really see my son is not extroverted. He reminds me of Johnny Carson in his behavior. The split between his public and private personas are huge. Very, very much less so in my sister.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

ISTJ and ESTJ seem pretty similar and so do ENFP and INFP
    but ISFP and ESFP seem completely different and so do ENTP and INTP.
    thoughts?
    Short answer: the bolded is just an illusion The E/I should make about an equal amount of difference regardless of the three letters that follow. I am curious though about why you see more of a difference in ISFP/ESFP and ENTP/INTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ISTJ and ESTJ seem pretty similar and so do ENFP and INFP
    but ISFP and ESFP seem completely different and so do ENTP and INTP.
    thoughts?
    The bolded part is kind of counter-intuitive, aren't ENTPs one of the most introverted extroverts?
    Why would NFPs be so similar to each other and not NTPs?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Off the top of my head I would say that judging always adds a certain amount of forcefulness, as does E, so when both J and E are gone the lack of forcefulness, directionality may be greater.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think they all make a big difference I and E are very noticeable, It's easy to sense when someone is an I or an E right off the bat but figuring out whether they are a J or P takes a bit more in getting to know the person. That's just from my experience anyways. ENFP and INFP are still very different it just depends on the angle your viewing it from. I've seen ISFPs act very "ESPish" and ISTJs and ESTJ are a world apart, again it all depends on how you look at it.
    my istj ex is so social and outgoing i think someone would have to know him well to know that he was an introvert.

i just think it's going to vary based on how strong of an e or i you are...but idk...even tho i'm not a strong e i think it's obvious that i'm externally focused.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my istj ex is so social and outgoing i think someone would have to know him well to know that he was an introvert.

i just think it's going to vary based on how strong of an e or i you are...but idk...even tho i'm not a strong e i think it's obvious that i'm externally focused.
    Usually introverts are very focused or distracted. Extroverts are more scattered I find jumping from one place to another you sure you're an Extrovert?