123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Interests and Conversations

Do you guys discuss MBTI, enneagram, etc with your friends, people you meet, spouses? How open are they generally to discussing these topics?

I bring it up quite often. And honestly, a lot of the times I feel as though most people don't care enough, or only care enough to read a single description of their type and move on, or find it useless. A lot of the times, I wish I had more interests I were obsessed with outside of personality theory.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I know what you mean. It's really frustrating that I think about it so much but I can't really talk about it with people because they don't seem to care. I wish I could talk to people about typology but they would probably think I'm weird for being so obsessed with it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Do you guys discuss MBTI, enneagram, etc with your friends, people you meet, spouses? How open are they generally to discussing these topics?

I bring it up quite often. And honestly, a lot of the times I feel as though most people don't care enough, or only care enough to read a single description of their type and move on, or find it useless. A lot of the times, I wish I had more interests I were obsessed with outside of personality theory.
    I rarely do. I mean, if you already know most people don't care about some obscure letters, then why bother trying? The only person I ever met irl who showed an interest in this topic always fakes an interest in any discussion he has with others. That's based on his own admission, although he didn't put it that way of course.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Rarely. There are a couple of friends that I have that like the Gaelan's Temperaments. I've brought the topic up with them, they aren't so keen on it, though.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I don't talk about it much at all. Now and again I'll talk about some aspect of it with my wife from time to time but that is about all. Lately, other than when I am here it never really crosses my mind. It would be nice to have people around you that knew about it, if only for what feedback you could get.

I've known a couple people in real life who've heard of it, and it's fun to compare letters and stuff. I have one friend who lives far away who is pretty into it and uses it as a tool sometimes, but I don't get to see or talk to her that much.

Usually I talk to real world people about other topics though.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I know what you mean. It's really frustrating that I think about it so much but I can't really talk about it with people because they don't seem to care. I wish I could talk to people about typology but they would probably think I'm weird for being so obsessed with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I've known a couple people in real life who've heard of it, and it's fun to compare letters and stuff. I have one friend who lives far away who is pretty into it and uses it as a tool sometimes, but I don't get to see or talk to her that much.

Usually I talk to real world people about other topics though.
    Likewise... however, sometimes I wish I could talk about it more, since I seem to think about it a lot. But then I think people will think I'm weird if I do. I'm constantly trying to understand people as well as myself, which is one of the reasons why I'm so interested and drawn to it. And it's cool to me at least, gaining this new perspective based upon temperament, dominant functions, etc, of how people interact and see the world. So I'm always looking through those lenses. But rarely voice it.

I actually do know a decent amount of people that are familiar with MBTI, due to the fact that I live in a fairly liberal arts college town. But they certainly don't seem to think about it as much as I do. It's more like this cool thing they got to learn about in class, and might know their own type, but don't delve further than that.

My INTJ roommate, however, does find it somewhat interesting. He usually allows me to bring up different topics or thoughts on mbti. But he's in general pretty quiet, and I tend to just talk at him a lot... so maybe he isn't as interested as I think....
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Likewise... however, sometimes I wish I could talk about it more, since I seem to think about it a lot. But then I think people will think I'm weird if I do. I'm constantly trying to understand people as well as myself, which is one of the reasons why I'm so interested and drawn to it. And it's cool to me at least, gaining this new perspective based upon temperament, dominant functions, etc, of how people interact and see the world. So I'm always looking through those lenses. But rarely voice it.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Ditto.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Just curious: how much do you guys think about it?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.