User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Fairly often. Not always.... but enough to make me with I had other obsessions.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Just curious: how much do you guys think about it?
    Depends. I usually do think about it quite a bit everyday, especially if I'm doubting my type or have been spending a lot of time on TC. But if I have other things going on in my life at the time, I'm less likely to think about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I used to bring it up with my INTJ best friend fairly often. We liked typing people around us for fun - friends, professors, etc. There was one time I brought the subject up with a group of friends, and we had a relatively good time talking about it.

I don't talk about it at all nowadays, though. I regard MBTI as a rough reference to understanding people, and nothing more. I think the more you get to know someone, the less significant their type becomes. People of all types share a good deal in common. The differences that come with type, so to say, aren't really that significant IME. I feel that MBTI type causes people to make assumptions about others more often than not. Well, I know this for sure - I want people to try to understand me as an individual. The people who know me beyond the implications of my MBTI type are the people who really matter.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I'm pretty obsessed, and i'm an E so i want to talk about it all the time. It bothers me that i can't talk about it to anyone except for my isfj friend who really understands it with me. I don't go 2 hours without thinking about MBTI lol...I'm constantly typing people because i want to know how they work and then therefore i know how to work with or around them. It helps especially at work. Once i discovered that everyone has a dominant, auxilary, etc function I enjoy watching other people's dominant functions in action. I still try not to bring it up because i know most people think i'm "putting people in boxes" but i am so into it that the sentence doesnt make sense to me...it's hard to explain to them that everyone has 4 letters then also everyone has 8 functions its just how well we use them naturally and conciously. It frustrates me! ranting sorry

No. Most people I come across don't seem too interested in discussing it, and in the event they do show some signs of not being completely bored it's usually just so they can eventually segue into a discussion about astrology, which in turn makes me want to gouge my eyes out. I just feel as if there's just too much to explain related to MBTI to waste your time with someone who only appears lukewarm about it.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It IS too much time...i don't mind astrology though, sorry to say. I think it's because i haven't gotten that much into it to find all the things that are wrong with it. What i've been looking at though is whether or not there's a link between MBTI and astrology. It's only through observation, but i've noticed my isfj friends that are virgo's are all alike, almost exactly . Then i have one random isfj scorpio and I could barely tell he was an isfj. I could be way off though.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    How open are they generally to discussing these topics?
    It depends on their type.

Seriously though, I try not to discuss MBTI, but I was indoctrinated early, so for those family and friends that are familiar with it, then it kind of slips out.

i don't really discuss it in depth often. i'll mostly have
    questions for clarification or better understanding.

but i do ask people i know to take the quizzes and tests all the time.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I almost never speak of it. I've only ever met one person in the real world who talked about it. Actually, that suits me fine. It saves me the bother of having to explain my thought.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Glycerine

Most people, no. I find it embarrassing to be so into it and I don't want people to have weird misconceptions about me just because of type.