• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can i develop my Ni?

uncommonentity

According to the rules you guys have Ne. But being strictly bound by rules would no be fun. Personally, having it as my dominant function I wouldn't wish it upon any INFP.

Under extreme stress Ni’s become paranoid and overly withdrawn. Their inferior function jumps them, and they become overly interested in details and obsessed with physical pleasure. They become slaves to childlike impulses, sometimes ruining themselves with their decisions in the process.

I'll tell you right now this is no fun at all. Having your body become paralyzed due to a constant bombardment of thought and detail is comparable to being raped by a thousand tentacles and with no guidebooks on earth to explain what has just happened to you you're literally writing your minds dictionary, encyclopedia, thesaurus, blueprint and guide map all at the same time.

terminator-vision.jpg

If you've ever seen terminator 2, the parts where it shows you what he sees. That's what it's always been like for me. You want to completely disconnect from all physical property and visualize the details and specifics. It's something I was born with. A natural curiosity as to how everything ticked. I was always like whoah this is cool but like how does it work? what makes it cool? how did they make it? how can I make one? what do I need to make one? how should they be configured to function correctly? why do they have to be this way and not that way? Ask why.

People focus on the object. Focus on the ingredients of an object.

Try to squeeze everything for information.

Take my avatar for example.

You can see I have a beard at the moment.

Now is it because I just want to?
Because I'm lazy when it comes to personal hygeine?
Because I think beards are cool?
Because I'm trying to attract women who find beards attractive?
Because I'm trying to repel women who find beards gross?
Because I'm a hipster? a hippy? a hobo?
Because I wish to look older?
Because I've an interest in older women and trying to hide my actual age?
Because I wish to look more masculine?
Because my family tree contains mountain men?

All these assumptions other people may make about me. I think you know where I'm going with this. It boils down to if there's actually a story behind everything you see or not.

Sometimes there is. Sometimes there isn't. Sometimes people are covering up. Sometimes people are revealing all. Is it truth. Is it lies. It's all about finding out the facts.

Want to develop your Ni? start picking everything apart like this but don't let it consume you. There's no benefit to being the most informed man in the graveyard anyway.

The world has been geared toward thinking that the only judgement that exists is negative. If you've ever read the details behind King Solomon he prays to God for the gift of judgement to be able to spot and banish those that are evil "Give Thy servant an understanding heart to judge Thy people and to know good and evil."1 Kings 3:9".

Illmatic

The under extremly stressed Ni sounds a lot like me.

I might be an INFJ but who knows, i am pretty disorganized and shit i don't think i can possibly be a J.

uncommonentity

The under extremly stressed Ni sounds a lot like me.

I might be an INFJ but who knows, i am pretty disorganized and shit i don't think i can possibly be a J.

An INFPs hidden agenda is 'to understand' which I believe you convey with wanting to develop Ni in the first place.
Not to mention INFJs have introverted intuition as their dominant function too and you believe "That's Smart!" to be a compliment so I'm guessing definite INFP.