User Tag List

12 Last

Default Just realized my Se is real weak.

Well i for a while thought that Se can be my dominant function because i seem to be always looking around and such but i actually am never aware of my surroundings.

Today i was at the lights waiting to cross the road and i was in thought thinking and without even knowing i stepped onto the road as if to cross (the green light for the cars was still on and the walking man didn't appear yet) and i didn't even know until i saw a car slowing down and then i quickly stepped back. Before i have walked into trees (lol) and i am often scared to drive because i am afraid i might get lost in my head and have an accident.

Would this indicate that my Se is weak?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jesus. That's crazy sauce. I'm on hyper alert when I cross the street as a pedestrian.

I get scared to drive, but I think that's because when I was younger I used to drive super fast and recklessly and got into wrecks. So I'm phobic about accidents now.

I'm not sure what this says about your Se, but it's really stupid to not pay attention when you're crossing the street. That's a terrible way to die, or just be paralyzed.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Se what?

I'm a huge sensotard, but I don't get in accidents when driving or participating in traffic, when I was younger, and still do sometimes although much less, I've speeded a lot, driving 250Km/u through germany on the autobahn, etc, agreed that it's not smart, but I've never had an accident, even though my Se sucks.

Getting in accidents has nothing to do with Se. It has to do with focus and control. And For focus and control, discriminate awareness of your surroundings can even be a good thing! Which is the opposite of Se!

Se people are 'equally' aware of everything around them. Wether they lose focus and are equally aware of nothing around them or have a good focus and are greatly aware of everything around them is another story.

A Se guy walking down the street towards a crossing and noticing the stuff in the shop, the funny looking car and that weird guy across the street two feet before reaching the crossing could very well overlook the pedestrian light if they aren't focused on what they are doing themselves.

But that doesn't mean you are or are not Se. I'm just saying your experience can be interpretted in many different ways and doesn't actually Se much about your Se use at all.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Jesus. That's crazy sauce. I'm on hyper alert when I cross the street as a pedestrian.

I get scared to drive, but I think that's because when I was younger I used to drive super fast and recklessly and got into wrecks. So I'm phobic about accidents now.

I'm not sure what this says about your Se, but it's really stupid to not pay attention when you're crossing the street. That's a terrible way to die, or just be paralyzed.
    Agreed. You don't have to be an Se user to be very cautious of driving and crossing the road, do you?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    I am often scared to drive because i am afraid i might get lost in my head and have an accident
    Several years ago, I had an 83 mi commute to work (186 mi round trip). I would become so zoned out while driving that I often did not know where I was along the route (interstate bordered by dense forest nearly the whole way). It was disorienting not to know where I was and if I had passed my exit ramp.

And bumping into things - I do this all the time. I am a terrible judge of distance. Doorway collisions are a daily occurance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Agreed. You don't have to be an Se user to be very cautious of driving and crossing the road, do you?
    Ahhh..actually Si would be more likely to be "inherently" cautious.

I was never "inherently" cautious...I was a crazy young girl behind a wheel of a car. I learned from hard experience (I WAS VERY LUCKY) to act like an adult and face the consequences of the road.

Now I'm absolutely phobic, it's funny.

But I've never been a careless pedestrian. Even as a teen I was careful with that. You'd have to be dumb to ignore big, loud cars when you have nothing around you to protect your body. The difference for me was being in a big car made me feel more protected and invincible, I drove these big old tank Oldsmobiles, so that's probably why I kept walking away unscathed from my accidents. Still not smart.

Yes you'd have to be dumb...Or stoned. OP don't ever cross the street stoned, hmm?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    Several years ago, I had an 83 mi commute to work (186 mi round trip). I would become so zoned out while driving that I often did not know where I was along the route (interstate bordered by dense forest nearly the whole way). It was disorienting not to know where I was and if I had passed my exit ramp.
    I've had that too but only while driving routes I've driven many times before. But the traffic at hand is always monitored, it's not like you'd zone out and have an accident. At least not me. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

i am just saying i am never aware of my surroudings.

I'm all too aware for a so called "N".

Also, my friends think I could be a race car driver apparently.

And Elfboy thinks I'm ISTP. Maybe he's right.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I'm an ISFP with sensotard moments. It's usually when I introvert too much into my own head. I start walking into doors or running into chairs.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green