• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Generational Distribution

sky_mana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hello,

What are the trends of how MBTI distributions change over time? Is there any indication that certain types occur more frequently in one generation than in another?

Thanks!

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Fascinating question!
Is this the nature-nurture question in an historical context?
I have no idea, but I'd really like to know...

sky_mana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Fascinating question!
Is this the nature-nurture question in an historical context?
I have no idea, but I'd really like to know...

Not really. Data shows the distribution of the MBTIs among the general population. ISFJ, ESFJ and ISTJ are the most common, while INTJ, ENTJ and INFJ are the rarest. I just wondered if there was a noticeable change in this distribution over time. If there is, you can debate whether nature or nurture determines personalities, but that wasn't really what I was getting at.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
I think Guardians have their highest proportions in a society where security is a very high priority (places with high sectional tensions like South Africa), while their lowest proportions are in countries with relatively laid back crime laws like the Netherlands. As far as the world dynamic goes, I'm pretty sure it's Guardians v. other three.

sky_mana

MBTI Type
INTJ
No evidence that, say, the zealous baby boomers produced more extroverts, or that the computer age spawns more introverts? ;)

Usehername

On a mission
I think Guardians have their highest proportions in a society where security is a very high priority (places with high sectional tensions like South Africa), while their lowest proportions are in countries with relatively laid back crime laws like the Netherlands. As far as the world dynamic goes, I'm pretty sure it's Guardians v. other three.

Most SAs I've met were Exxx types (different culture, remember; different societal expectations... also, most SAs don't have a lot of personal space such as their own bedroom, so they get used to not being alone because there's nowhere to be alone). I stayed with a rich Afrikaans ISxJ lady for a week in Pretoria, her IxFx black housekeeper lived there too; an ESFJ and ESFP couple in a city close to Cape Town for a week; an Indian family in Durban FULL of ESFx (that was a headache... especially because their entire house was only four times the size of my normal-sized bedroom at home and I was quite sick by that point).... I was there from Jan-April; we met hundreds and hundreds of people all over the country.

but most of the people we met were interested in changing South Africa, and were doing something about it. I suppose it would actually be a very SJ thing to do--the whole country is in a time of change, so they'd adapt to that and join the cause?