12311 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Pictorial Guide to the Se/Si Distinction

Some of you here like to communicate via the indirect method of images, so here is my pictorial guide to the Se/Si distinction.

Se

Si

Se

Si

Se

Si
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Some of you here like to communicate via the indirect method of images, so here is my pictorial guide to the Se/Si distinction
    What makes the Si pictures related to Si?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    What makes the Si pictures related to Si?
    Intensity of experience. Depth. The Se type prefers great variety, and the experiences are of a more shallow nature. The Si draws the experience inward, intensifying the relationship between subject and object.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Intensity of experience. Depth. The Se type prefers great variety, and the experiences are of a more shallow nature. The Si draws the experience inward, intensifying the relationship between subject and object.
    Then that's definitely me.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Then that's definitely me.
    The INFP has the Si function as tertiary. If your Ne is weak, then the Si will take over as auxiliary.

i can see the pattern you are referring to, but the whole point of introverted perception is, that you take objects for something, that is not in them, but only in your view of it, so finding Si images should be difficult, because, except for artwork, there is no Si in any image, but any image (including your Se images) could speak to a particular individual's subject /Si.

the way i see it, your patterns are not in the image (and i don't think you intended them to be, but i just wanted to differenciate), but in what they depict (the activity).

it's different. when a rollercoster is giving you a ride, you are definitely opening your self up to Se. when you are running a car race, it's Se on the outside, but you are risking your live and so it becomes subjective (even to Se users, or any type)

here is my(!) Ni perspective on the images themselves: as an image (evoking subjective themes of myself) the rollercoaster and the circus (don't know the english word) are working for me. the rollercoaster symbolizes the spiritual movement of ascending and descending, its a typical dream image, happening right after or before dreamless deep sleep. the circus is a symbol for the wheel of samsara. to me, both are symbols of having things done to you, passively, as in 'not interaction' (not extroversion), symbols of being powerless (ego-less). now that's an introverted (subjective) way, of taking objects for something, that they are not (objectively). to the contrary: an image (!) of bungee jumping does not talk to my (!) Ni. it talks to my Se and only scares me. also the car race scares me more than the rollercoaster or circus. and for me Se is all about fear (Se is the shadow of Ni). i can't tell how exactly Si does it's subjective moves differently than Ni.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

The INFP has the Si function as tertiary. If your Ne is weak, then the Si will take over as auxiliary.
    Yep.

Sometimes I wish I could use my Ne with ease.

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

delete

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i can see the pattern you are referring to, but the whole point of introverted perception is, that you take objects for something, that is not in them, but only in your view of it, so finding Si images should be difficult, because, except for artwork, there is no Si in any image, but any image (including your Se images) could speak to a particular individual's subject /Si.

the way i seed it, your patterns are not in the image (and i don't think you intended them to be, but i just wanted to differenciate), but in what they depict.

it's different. when a rollercoster is giving you a ride, you are definitely opening your self up to Se. when you are running a car race, it's Se on the outside, but you are risking your live and so it becomes subjective (even to Se users, or any type)

here is my(!) Ni perspective on the images themselves: as an image (evoking subjective themes of myself) the rollercoaster and the circus (don't know the english word) are working for me. the rollercoaster symbolizes the spirituel movement of ascending and descending, its a typical dream image, happening right after or before dreamless deep sleep. the circus is a symbol for the wheel of samsara. to me, both are symbols of having things done to you, passively, as in 'not interaction' (not extroversion), symbols of being powerless (ego-less). now that's an introverted (subjective) way, of taking objects for something, that they are not (objectively). to the contrary: an image (!) of bungee jumping does not talk to my (!) Ni. it talks to my Se and only scares me. also the car race scares me more than the rollercoaster or circus. and for me Se is all about fear (Se is the shadow of Ni). i can't tell how exactly Si does it's subjective moves differently than Ni.
    One obvious pattern to the pictures is the social differences of the two distinctions. The race car driver rides alone, although you can go along for the ride on a practice lap if you want. The bungee jumper is actually not bungee jumping. That is Jeb Corliss and he is base jumping, which is free-falling with a parachute. Either way, they are solo activities.

Of course, someone will say that a rollercoaster ride is or can be a solo activity. But really, why kill it through over-analysis? The pictures suffice.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"and for me Se is all about fear (Se is the shadow of Ni). i can't tell how exactly Si does it's subjective moves differently than Ni." Perhaps that's how it is for you. However, I always hold out the hope of relating everything to a common reason, a sensus communis:

"..we must [here] take sensus communis to mean the idea of a sense shared [by us all], i.e., a power to judge that in reflecting takes account (a priori), in our thought, of everyone else's way of presenting [something], in order as it were to compare our own judgement with human reason in general... Now we do this as follows: we compare our judgement not so much with the actual as rather with the merely possible judgements of others, and [thus] put ourselves in the position of everyone else..." (Immanuel Kant, quoted on Wikipedia)

So while it is natural to take your analysis to the personal level, it is also possible to see these things from the broad or most general perspective. It's not as if there isn't a common humanity just below the surface of all these superficial personalities and cognitive styles which are nothing more than individual biases.