User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    And I appreciate it! You showed me something I didn't even pause to consider but which makes a lot of sense now that I think about itHuh. You may be right. I wonder if it's bossy Ne taking over? Because I'm finding it quite difficult to remember a time when Si-preference hasn't been accompanied by this.
    I know what you mean. I tend to get Fi and Te mixed up in my mind, when I'm describing myself (not others; it's easier when I detach), because my Te is so often motivated by my Fi. More often than not, my Te would not act without my Fi to tell it why it needs to act.

On the other hand, I have a very easy time separating Ne and Si, because I have experienced the Te-Ne loop. Lemme find a post where I describe it...
    Edit: Here it is! And I should add that what Si would have added to that situation would have been to make a priority list based on previous knowledge of what a proper priority list should be. Ne, on the other hand, was too busy going from one fun idea to the next to know which one of those fun ideas should go first. Memories of times when priority lists have been needed, cautionary tales relating to similar things, strong visions of possible consequences based on previous experience -- all in Si's jurisdiction -- had no impact on Ne.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Another thing: I'm not sure how non-SJs (and non-Te users) use Si compared to this, but in my experience Si doesn't show itself to tell you how something's supposed to look, unless something doesn't look right. Otherwise, everything is normal and not really taken into consideration. You don't need Si to tell you what something looks like if you can just look at it and see for yourself.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Si auxiliary, from what I've experienced, believes that past results guarantee future performance. There is also a certain aspect of living on the edge.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

SI DOMS, TO THE BATMOBILE! SHOW US WHAT YOUR MIND LOOKS LIKE!!!
    I tried. He said his mind just doesn't work that way...meaning he understands completely what Si is, and that he does it, and here are examples of Si...but no symbolic pictures.

Sorry.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Si auxiliary, from what I've experienced, believes that past results guarantee future performance. There is also a certain aspect of living on the edge.
    ESTJs and ESFJs living on the edge?

The first sentence is correct, in a limited sense, i.e. that it's more complex than just "performance" and "results". I stick with my descriptions from a couple of posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I tried. He said his mind just doesn't work that way...meaning he understands completely what Si is, and that he does it, and here are examples of Si...but no symbolic pictures.

Sorry.

It's okay. I'll just pretend I know what they're thinking about.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ESTJs and ESFJs living on the edge?

The first sentence is correct, in a limited sense, i.e. that it's more complex than just "performance" and "results". I stick with my descriptions from a couple of posts ago.
    If you believe that Si is strictly a cognitive style (something to do with being past oriented), then you can't be seeing this in terms of a personality type. But to me, cognitive function analysis is a very limited pursuit.

ESTJ and ESFJ live on the edge in a limited, more cognitive sense. I didn't say it was as lifestyle per se. When Si comes forward as a helping function, everything is seen as a matter of life or death, values (rules and such) are taken as black and white with no room for compromise. But no, they won't go base-jumping or driving the Nascar circuit for a living when Si is merely playing the auxiliary role; quite the opposite. The ESTJ or ESFJ will imagine all kinds of horrible scenarios if, for example, little Johnnie does not come in before curfew.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

It seems the confusion with the pictures in the OP is that they focus on sensation seeking in more of the thrill seeker sense. Sensing is more about taking in the world and information as it is, not the rush of sports and amusement parks. I do understand about the Se/Si difference dealing with perceiving the world in breadth and perceiving the world in depth... but it doesn't quite match up with a lot of the images here.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    Now this looks more like an Si-ish (almost Ni-like) perspective.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's okay. I'll just pretend I know what they're thinking about.
    [QUOTE]

NVM.

I erased it because it's too specific and might perpetuate stereotypes.

ISTJs and ISFJs who somehow manage to mimic Se-appreciation (some sense of physical adventurousness and a deep appreciation of aesthetics among other things): do you think you can explain what's going on to this clueless bystander? I know the qualities I listed shouldn't be attributed to Se alone, I just want to know how you experience them and why they're satisfying.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Do I actually have a bunch of INXJs on my hands?