User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

lol! That was @jixmixfix

I was trying to really grasp what he was saying but the discussion got cut short.

Why the frog on the lily pad again?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    lol! That was @jixmixfix

I was trying to really grasp what he was saying but the discussion got cut short.

Why the frog on the lily pad again?
    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    ISxPs tend to do best when focusing on one task at a time, gathering information while still staying passive requiring little or no movement. The reason is because Si is more focused and "stable" version of Se based on the descriptions.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Si

Those who think ALL of those pics are Se, I'd like to see which kind of pics you would post for Si?
    Pictures that bring back particular associations. Could be food, familiar places, or a range of other things -- I guess the issue is that it's a matter of fitting that particular image in with your own internal patterns so it's going to differ from person to person.

I, for one, found the carousel picture listed as Se to be strongly Si-triggering because there used to be a carousel like that in a park near my grandparents' house when I was a kid and I'd get to ride when I visited them every summer. I never liked the feeling once I was on but I liked the idea of being on so I'd keep doing it. Anyway, that's the picture I like best because I can read some sort of personal meaning into it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

This thread is too abstract for me. :/ And imo all the pics in the OP (except the last two) look like Se; People immersing themselves in a thrilling moment.

I'd say this is a more straightforward and easy to understand picture of Si:

Also, this:
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll explain my pics of Si...JTG actually photoshopped that pic like a year ago or something, I saw the original and the "messed with" version, and to me it seems like a perfect depiction of Si...because while Se sees "what is there" Si sees "what is there" through a particular, subjective perceptual lens of one's own. There is an overlay of altered perception of the woman, there's more to it than just a sharp photograph of a woman. I think of the colored lines over her being all of the connected, linear impressions associated with the woman, rather than objectively a picture of a woman herself.

The second picture is a train on a track, because Si tends to be linear and "on a track" of interconnected thoughts, linking one piece of information to the next.

The third photograph is touching on what senza_tema mentions, making one association to another. That photograph is simply a new, personal representation relating back to something very familiar to the past. And this would have personal, subjective...even emotional...meaning for the person recreating this sensory association.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Can we get more pics of Si in here? Se is fairly clear to me. I think mal is correct when he says that Si is concerned with the focused intensity of a sensory experience and Se has to do with variety of sensory experiences. This is what I read about it as well. Si does not only have to do with order and detail, but it can easily entail that. Se does not only have to do with pushing the limits, but it can easily entail that. Given that, some of mal's Si pics are accurate. I think Se or Si both can be explored alone or with others which makes it hard to identify which is being used.
    It sounds like you have the right idea, therefore more pics won't be necessary.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I'm still unconvinced by your pictures and your explanations, mal12345.

SI DOMS, TO THE BATMOBILE! SHOW US WHAT YOUR MIND LOOKS LIKE!!!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Sorry I missed all the previous discussion of Se in the OP... The one time I don't read the entire thread before I post...

Now that I've read it: It's interesting that everyone's definitions of Si on this thread have related to expanding, while my internal definition relates to narrowing down. Not that I don't relate; of course I understand what it's like to look at something and have all these free associations happen as a result (although I feel like a lot of that is Ne and not Si). But how I think of Si relates to the experience of looking at a room full of things and immediately zeroing in on something as being somehow "different". And it'll even take me a while to realize what's different about it, but the instinct to see it as "different" is there before any of the details are.

Also, I really relate a lot to this, from Personality Nation. The sandwich metaphor SO TOTALLY resonates. It also perfectly describes how I somehow can always find my way back somewhere, as long as I've been there once.
    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I'm still unconvinced by your pictures and your explanations, mal12345.

SI DOMS, TO THE BATMOBILE! SHOW US WHAT YOUR MIND LOOKS LIKE!!!
    I'm Si second and showed mine!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I'm Si second and showed mine!
    And I appreciate it! You showed me something I didn't even pause to consider but which makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Baby tert-Si is now chewing on its new pacifier.

Now that I've read it: It's interesting that everyone's definitions of Si on this thread have related to expanding, while my internal definition relates to narrowing down. Not that I don't relate; of course I understand what it's like to look at something and have all these free associations happen as a result (although I feel like a lot of that is Ne and not Si).
    Huh. You may be right. I wonder if it's bossy Ne taking over? Because I'm finding it quite difficult to remember a time when Si-preference hasn't been accompanied by this.