Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Most who would view the image would automatically assume it meant sitting in the car racing rather than remembering names and viewing the race itself. It is well known race car drivers initially enter the field because of the rush and feel of such which identifies far more as Se. Si users will tend not take risks within areas of possible ambiguity.
    I associate drag racing and street racing more with Se. I associate Nascar with extreme boredom, but I'm looking at it from the outside, and from my knowledge of fans who get obsessed with a particular driver or two, and they watch them carefully and closely.

I also associate pastimes like fantasy team sports (listing out your fantasy players for the NFL or whatever, along with statistics and numbers) as an Si related activity, like something an ISxJ or INTP might be highly likely to do.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm afraid the Si pictures in the OP are not good indicators of the function at all. Si falls to traditional means in which you know something from experience and therefore you are likely to deal with situations in the way you know by experience.

The first two pictures of Si in the OP are actually more inclined towards Se. Se is an experiencing function in which Se users like to get a kick out of physically feeling the rush of the world. If we wish to speculate more those two first Si pictures tend towards Introverted Se users, ISPs.
    Then, according to my reading of Jung's introverted sensing type, he was really referring to what we would call the ISP type. I wouldn't doubt that's the case, because I don't think Myers-Briggs did a good job of translating Jung to their own system. I spent quite some time in the past scratching my head over this MBTI weirdness, and wanting to return to Jung.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I associate drag racing and street racing more with Se. I associate Nascar with extreme boredom, but I'm looking at it from the outside, and from my knowledge of fans who get obsessed with a particular driver or two, and they watch them carefully and closely.

I also associate pastimes like fantasy team sports (listing out your fantasy players for the NFL or whatever, along with statistics and numbers) as an Si related activity, like something an ISxJ or INTP might be highly likely to do.
    I do not disagree with your categorical associations in certain hobbies of such functions. Rather, I was mainly pointing out the difference in perception of how we would be seeing such images in it's different manners and that I'm assuming most individuals would expect it to simply be the racecar driver. Not the position of fans of nascar racing and their hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Then, according to my reading of Jung's introverted sensing type, he was really referring to what we would call the ISP type. I wouldn't doubt that's the case, because I don't think Myers-Briggs did a good job of translating Jung to their own system. I spent quite some time in the past scratching my head over this MBTI weirdness, and wanting to return to Jung.
    The raw jungian principles state the Se function uses the direct feel of the objective influence. However, in Si, the subjective influence of particular sensation gained from the subconscious falls to interject the direct feel of objective influence. This would mean Si tends to replace physical experience with a subjective facade before they would fully be able to experience such.
    This goes back to the simple Si 'sticking with what you know' type function.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do not disagree with your categorical associations in certain hobbies of such functions. Rather, I was mainly pointing out the difference in perception of how we would be seeing such images in it's different manners and that I'm assuming most individuals would expect it to simply be the racecar driver. Not the position of fans of nascar racing and their hobbies.
    Yeah that's fine I'm just saying that

Those are racing images I associate with Se. Nascar is so much more systematic and contained, like Si...they race around in a circle at a certain time at a certain place. It's just me, my mind, I'm not disagreeing with you that the impulse to race in the first place could certainly be associated with Se.

I'm just explaining my perception.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Most who would view the image would automatically assume it meant sitting in the car racing rather than remembering names and viewing the race itself. It is well known race car drivers initially enter the field because of the rush and feel of such which identifies far more as Se. Si users will tend not take risks within areas of possible ambiguity.

And oh yes, onemoretime's pictures are quite good. Far better indicators.
    The use of Nascar made me think it meant watching and being a fan. Nascar watching is such an iconic pastitme that specifically using Nascar rather than some other form of racing lent me to think of the pasttime rather than racing.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's another thing...Nascar is socially iconic. You just made a very good point.

The skydiving picture looks like Se to me, though. I'm not sure why that picture was used as Si, even though it's one person alone. Looks like thrill of sensation to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah that's fine I'm just saying that

Those are racing images I associate with Se. Nascar is so much more systematic and contained, like Si...they race around in a circle at a certain time at a certain place. It's just me, my mind, I'm not disagreeing with you that the impulse to race in the first place could certainly be associated with Se.

I'm just explaining my perception.
    Yea, the sports I would relate more to Si is something that tends to avoid risk of possible threatening situations.
    Games similar to golf, baseball, cricket, croquet, etc. All of which are not enjoyed for the physical sensation but rather the possible outcomes. Because Si as explained in my post before tends towards the subconscious upbringing of subjective covers over a particular experience. Which means someone with Si may find golf to be absolutely electrifying while the Se user would look at it all upset because the physical rush barely exists over a swing of a golf club.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    The use of Nascar made me think it meant watching and being a fan. Nascar watching is such an iconic pastitme that specifically using Nascar rather than some other form of racing lent me to think of the pasttime rather than racing.
    'course, similar to marm in such a case. Seeing it in a certain way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yea, the sports I would relate more to Si is something that tends to avoid risk of possible threatening situations.
    Games similar to golf, baseball, cricket, croquet, etc. All of which are not enjoyed for the physical sensation but rather the possible outcomes. Because Si as explained in my post before tends towards the subconscious upbringing of subjective covers over a particular experience. Which means someone with Si may find golf to be absolutely electrifying while the Se user would look at it all upset because the physical rush barely exists over a swing of a golf club.
    That's exactly what my ISTJ thinks, and a point I was attempting to make earlier about things like tennis and golf (he played baseball in high school and plays tennis now). All of those sports you named also seem more Si to me.

From the point of view of someone with my mind WATCHING, Nascar isn't that interesting for me to watch, it's extremely dull...where as watching someone do skateboarding tricks, perform crazy stunts (like Jackass), or do dance routines is very interesting. I also think it's more interesting to watch baseball, though, than golf or Nascar. Golf and Nascar are two of the most boring things on the planet to watch, and golf also seems boring to even play.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

'course, similar to marm in such a case. Seeing it in a certain way.
    There is a difference between an image of Nascar and some other car racing. The same way I would differentiate between an image of a pickup baseball game and a picture of a MLB game inside a stadium.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

That's exactly what my ISTJ thinks, and a point I was attempting to make earlier about things like tennis and golf (he played baseball in high school and plays tennis now). All of those sports you named also seem more Si to me.

From the point of view of someone with my mind WATCHING, Nascar isn't that interesting for me to watch, it's extremely dull...where as watching someone do skateboarding tricks, perform crazy stunts (like Jackass), or do dance routines is very interesting. I also think it's more interesting to watch baseball, though, than golf or Nascar. Golf and Nascar are two of the most boring things on the planet to watch, and golf also seems boring to even play.
    Oh certainly you find that Se users tend to enjoy having a look at thrilling things because they want the thrill of the ride themselves. I'd assume nascar tends to highlight it's benefit options towards the viewers in difference to the excitement factor of the drivers themselves which I suppose is quite how the business works. Mostly for inclination of monetary gain. Yes, I can understand the Si you see in it. But will other people take it in such a way?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    There is a difference between an image of Nascar and some other car racing. The same way I would differentiate between an image of a pickup baseball game and a picture of a MLB game inside a stadium.
    Ah yes, marm made that quite apparent. The real question at such a point is if others will notice that difference in pictorial view. The assumption still goes that more people who view the image will adhere it to the experience of racing rather than the popular venture in it's perception of the general population. And of course whether the OP meant it as the former it may still cause confusion in what others see. I'm doubting it's the best example simply because it's an image you must see within the image to adhere it to Si.