First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    But wouldn't that mean that no picture you took would represent just one function? I'm saying that even if you took a picture of a frog that represents all types. Saying that Si is something is like excluding all the rest and I don't think it's that divided.
    Defining a term partially involves an attempt to exclude. I don't want the Si to look like the Se, either verbally or pictorially. Blurring distinctions serves no purpose. My method is such that the pictures are to be sufficiently differentiated, just as their respective verbal definitions are. They (Se/Si) do appear rather similar in some respects, but this cannot be helped, after all, they are both S types. However, I guarantee that my pictorial notions of Se and Ni do not even appear remotely similar.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The INFP has the Si function as tertiary. If your Ne is weak, then the Si will take over as auxiliary.
    It doesn't take the auxiliary being weak to have a strong tertiary. I use Si heavily but I still use my Ne and Ti more.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    It doesn't take the auxiliary being weak to have a strong tertiary. I use Si heavily but I still use my Ne and Ti more.
    I don't believe that a functions test even determines anything about auxiliaries and tertiaries. I would have to see the questions, but the auxiliary Si is different from the dominant Si. See my post above about the ESTJ/ESFJ question. Their Si's don't influence those types to engage with the physical world. Si helps them in their black-and-white rule and law-and-order orientation. Tradition and authority. But there is also the aspect of "something bad will happen if you don't follow the rules." A single pebble rolling down a hill builds into a landslide.

I understood the original post and meaning behind the pictures just fine so thanks. I'll be avoiding those with Se up until the point I want some sensory funzors. *Sarcastically waves a pair of pom poms*
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Se (costume party)

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Se:

Si:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm afraid the Si pictures in the OP are not good indicators of the function at all. Si falls to traditional means in which you know something from experience and therefore you are likely to deal with situations in the way you know by experience.

The first two pictures of Si in the OP are actually more inclined towards Se. Se is an experiencing function in which Se users like to get a kick out of physically feeling the rush of the world. If we wish to speculate more those two first Si pictures tend towards Introverted Se users, ISPs.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Se:

[IMG]

Si:

[IMG]
    YES. Finally, some easy-to-understand photos on this thread! I "get" these, and I totally agree with them.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I'm afraid the Si pictures in the OP are not good indicators of the function at all. Si falls to traditional means in which you know something from experience and therefore you are likely to deal with situations in the way you know by experience.

The first two pictures of Si in the OP are actually more inclined towards Se. Se is an experiencing function in which Se users like to get a kick out of physically feeling the rush of the world. If we wish to speculate more those two first Si pictures tend towards Introverted Se users, ISPs.
    I get why the second picture is Si, actually. It may be a physical 'rush' or experience if you're inside the car, but frankly being a Nascar fan seems MUCH more Si to me because you have to deeply delve into particular drivers, and pay close attention to the race which seems extraordinarily repetitive and streamlined to me. Being a Nascar fan seems much more depth over breadth to me and even the symbol of the "track" seems more like Si to me.

I like onemoretime's pics, those do make a lot of sense.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I get why the second picture is Si, actually. It may be a physical 'rush' or experience if you're inside the car, but frankly being a Nascar fan seems MUCH more Si to me because you have to deeply delve into particular drivers, and pay close attention to the race which seems extraordinarily repetitive and streamlined to me. Being a Nascar fan seems much more depth over breadth to me and even the symbol of the "track" seems more like Si to me.

I like onemoretime's pics, those do make a lot of sense.
    Most who would view the image would automatically assume it meant sitting in the car racing rather than remembering names and viewing the race itself. It is well known race car drivers initially enter the field because of the rush and feel of such which identifies far more as Se. Si users will tend not take risks within areas of possible ambiguity.

And oh yes, onemoretime's pictures are quite good. Far better indicators.