• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typology and Silent Number

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Isaac Asimov, A.D. 1987:

"The Christian era has a flaw.
The year 1 is late in history.
Julius Caesar and everything before him is before the year 1.
It is necessary to start counting backward.
Since Caesar was assassinated forty-four years before A.D.1, he was assassinated in 44 B.C., where the initials stand for Before Christ.
The foundation of Rome took place 753 years before A.D.1 and, therefore, in 753 B.C.

An irritating flaw in this system is that no provision was made for a year 0 dividing the A.D. from the B.C.
If there had been a year 0, the first decade would have been 0 to A.D.9 inclusive, and A.D.10 would have started a new decade.
Every decade would start on Januari 1 of a year ending with a 0; every century on Januari 1 of a year ending in 00, and every millenium on a year ending in 000.

Because there is no year 0, however, the first decade is A.D.1 to A.D.10 inclusive, and it is A.D.11 that starts the second decade.
The decades, centuries, and millenia all start on Januari 1 of years that end in 1, 01, and 001 respectively.

A.D.2000 will be the last year of the second millenium, and the third millenium will begin on Januari 1, 2001."

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Isaac Asimov, A.D. 1987:

"The Christian era has a flaw.
The year 1 is late in history.
Julius Caesar and everything before him is before the year 1.
It is necessary to start counting backward.
Since Caesar was assassinated forty-four years before A.D.1, he was assassinated in 44 B.C., where the initials stand for Before Christ.
The foundation of Rome took place 753 years before A.D.1 and, therefore, in 753 B.C.

An irritating flaw in this system is that no provision was made for a year 0 dividing the A.D. from the B.C.
If there had been a year 0, the first decade would have been 0 to A.D.9 inclusive, and A.D.10 would have started a new decade.
Every decade would start on Januari 1 of a year ending with a 0; every century on Januari 1 of a year ending in 00, and every millenium on a year ending in 000.

Because there is no year 0, however, the first decade is A.D.1 to A.D.10 inclusive, and it is A.D.11 that starts the second decade.
The decades, centuries, and millenia all start on Januari 1 of years that end in 1, 01, and 001 respectively.

A.D.2000 will be the last year of the second millenium, and the third millenium will begin on Januari 1, 2001."

I'm going to bite...

How does this relate to Typology?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm going to bite...

How does this relate to Typology?

A good bite. :)
Before I can explain it I have to know if we discuss MBTI or Enneagram or what.
You decide. When I know your choice, I go on; today, or tomorrow.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

A good bite. :)
Before I can explain it I have to know if we discuss MBTI or Enneagram or what.
You decide. When I know your choice, I go on; today, or tomorrow.

I choose... MBTI/JCF.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Where is then.
There is when.

Space does not edge in the North Pole.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Thank you. :)
Did you toss a coin?

MBTI

Dichotomy of nine.
Eight functions.

9 - 8 = 1
Silent numbers: 1
8/2 = 4

8th function.

I remember that! :)

Another quick question. Why wouldn't 0 be the silent number? Or is it because we "erased" it from existing. I suppose if you used 0 though math wouldn't work to get the eight functions.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I remember that! :)

Another quick question. Why wouldn't 0 be the silent number? Or is it because we "erased" it from existing. I suppose if you used 0 though math wouldn't work to get the eight functions.

0 is the silent number.
Position: In the middle.

A model (INTP).

Ti Ne Ni Te Fi Se Si Fe.

+ 4 Ti
+ 3 Ne
+ 2 Ni
+ 1 Te
. 0
- 1 Fi
- 2 Se
- 3 Si
- 4 Fe
a = 0

Think of a temperature. We have two zeros, the one that divides the minus and the plus degrees, and the absolute zero at the bottom.

The mistake Asimov mentioned, in chronology: There is no erasure, only a mistake.
The error is in the calendar, not in the math. Only the calendar is in the wrong.

How do we know the silent number (= 0) is in the order?

The silent number has a fixed position. It counts, but does not number. It can only be a zero.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

0 is the silent number.
Position: In the middle.

A model (INTP).

Ti Ne Ni Te Fi Se Si Fe.

+ 4 Ti
+ 3 Ne
+ 2 Ni
+ 1 Te
. 0
- 1 Fi
- 2 Se
- 3 Si
- 4 Fe
a = 0

Think of a temperature. We have two zeros, the one that divides the minus and the plus degrees, and the absolute zero at the bottom.

The mistake Asimov mentioned, in chronology: There is no erasure, only a mistake.
The error is in the calendar, not in the math. Only the calendar is in the wrong.

How do we know the silent number (= 0) is in the order?

The silent number has a fixed position. It counts, but does not number. It can only be a zero.

Duh! I'm being honest. I should've known that. 0 is the division. No one specifically talks about the division, only accidentally when referencing the whole!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Duh! I'm being honest. I should've known that. 0 is the division. No one specifically talks about the division, only accidentally when referencing the whole!

Newton wondered why the night sky is dark.
Nobody is perfect.
Zero: The paradox of the void.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
A measure is a balance.
Absolute zero does not measure.
It is therefore it is absolute zero.

Is the absolute zero inside?
No.
Is it outside?
No.
Where it is?
It is not where.
It is when.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

A measure is a balance.
Absolute zero does not measure.
It is therefore it is absolute zero.

Is the absolute zero inside?
No.
Is it outside?
No.
Where it is?
It is not where.
It is when.

The two limits of nature. Light and temperature. You can never reach the speed of light and you can never go below absolute zero. I've always found that interesting.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This conversation is hurting my brain! :laugh:

Do you guys mean that something is missing from the MBTI that needs to be added, or does it just need to be recognized that there's a zero there, without adding anything? Does that silent number measure anything in particular? What would it entail? My dot-connecting abilities are failing me. :doh:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Do you guys mean that something is missing from the MBTI that needs to be added, or does it just need to be recognized that there's a zero there, without adding anything? Does that silent number measure anything in particular? What would it entail? My dot-connecting abilities are failing me. :doh:

Alternate take! A new idea I just formed... Or applied. In the JCF strucutre of let's say ESTJ :).

The order: Te - Ti - Si - Se - Ne - Ni - Fe - Fi (Bare with me here that order is identical what [MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION] gave for INTP (verify please)) as such 0 is in the very middle showing distinction between conscious and unconscious functions. Of course it's difficult to tell with this structure. In a different structure like Te - Si - Ne - Fi - Ti - Se - Ni - Fe. 0 can be seen as the link from unconscious to conscious worlds.

/talking from my a**

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

We differentiate the number of the loci, and the number in the loci.
The "add" is in the number of the loci. (+1). We only find what is already there.

We cannot understand the complementary party of the functions if we do not know the exact number of the loci.
Eight functions. 8 + 1 = 9.
ESTJ has Te as the first function. The complementary party of Te is Fi. Where is Fi?
9 - 1 = 8
ESTJ has Fi as the 8th function.

It is little different in Enneagram. What is the complementary position of E Nine?
9/2 = 4.5
The silent number is between 4w5 and 5w4.
We see now the system of Enneagram has 9 silent numbers:
The complementary party of E 8 is the silent number between 3w4 and 4w3, etc.

The Enneagram has 36 types in the loci. (27 + 9)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Alternate take! A new idea I just formed... Or applied. In the JCF strucutre of let's say ESTJ :).

The order: Te - Ti - Si - Se - Ne - Ni - Fe - Fi (Bare with me here that order is identical what [MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION] gave for INTP (verify please)) as such 0 is in the very middle showing distinction between conscious and unconscious functions. Of course it's difficult to tell with this structure. In a different structure like Te - Si - Ne - Fi - Ti - Se - Ni - Fe. 0 can be seen as the link from unconscious to conscious worlds.

/talking from my a**

The subject is conscious by reflection.

Balance = weight and counterweight.
0 = the counter.

Weight tips.
An odd number is a tip.

16 does not odd.
0 does not tip.