User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Unhappy Being Limbic SUCKS.

There's absolutely nothing positive about being Limbic (on the Big 5, aka "Emotional Stability" or lack thereof). Is it possible to fix it?

Here are the problematic symptoms - and how you can tell if you're limbic, too:

- Get stressed out sometimes (I don't show it IRL, but I get migraine headaches from it sometimes)
    - Sometimes irritable (sometimes I turn into the worst "I" possible - wishing there was some kind of aerial spray to exterminate all the fucking humans in crowds, who get in my way when I'm in a rush)
    - Get overly immersed in beautiful music/art. I don't like being affected by external things, but beautiful music puts me in an other-world trance, and there have been times when, alone, I nearly got teary eyed - just because it resonated too strongly.
    - Constantly questioning own competence.

Additionally, it seems as though everyone here lists themselves as "Calm" rather than "Limbic." It doesn't seem right to me, because most people I know are total spazz cases. And not just with me, so it's not like I have some special talent for making people high-strung.

Back to my original question, is it possible to correct this? Don't suggest meditation, because my stepfather forced me to do that growing up, so now the idea freaks me out.

Also, is it really possible for me to be a T and limbic? Because all the issues associated with....limbicity...is why I call myself ESFP rather than ESTP, despite being more Ti/Fe than Fi/Te.

Thanks.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

In order to correct the mistake that being Limbic is essentially bad, it is imperative to establish the negative end to being Calm, and from there establish its opposite, aka, the positive side of being Limbic.

'What's so great about being calm anyway(?)' one may ask; aren't those that are placid more likely to be lazy and cold as well? Those that are calm lack the inner fire or passionate drive necessary to accomplish certain things, or embrace strong feelings and act off of them. As often as I have seen spazzy heated emo ranters on message boards, so to have I seen cold-hearted, uncaring, and mechanical individuals with little in the way of emotion.

Therefore, the opposite of one who is an icy and indifferent robot is one who is passionate and exciting, one whom rivels in their enthusiam and nervous energy. The positive Limbic doesn't sit around idly by as an injustice is committed or an urgency in need; rather they act off their gut response with a ferocity towards solcing the problem at hand. Their zeal is of truly great value to society, in art, politics, and various other fields.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I R LIMBIC.

I have been limbic since I was a child, my mother recalls it in vivid detail, so it's not like something "happened to me." My grandparents actually gave me a very stable first six years.

I also scored very high on Sensitivity on Mindframes.

I have what is called an "artistic temperament."

I think meditation can help, and being tooooo limbic can be neurotic, just as being too calm could be schizoid.

I think there's a prejudice against sensitive people in our society at the moment. One of my friends says she thinks some people are just sensitive and emotional and everybody should stop saying that they're damaged or crazy.

The U.S. is very TJ.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    In order to correct the mistake that being Limbic is essentially bad, it is imperative to establish the negative end to being Calm, and from there establish its opposite, aka, the positive side of being Limbic.

'What's so great about being calm anyway(?)' one may ask; aren't those that are placid more likely to be lazy and cold as well? Those that are calm lack the inner fire or passionate drive necessary to accomplish certain things, or embrace strong feelings and act off of them. As often as I have seen spazzy heated emo ranters on message boards, so to have I seen cold-hearted, uncaring, and mechanical individuals with little in the way of emotion.

Therefore, the opposite of one who is an icy and indifferent robot is one who is passionate and exciting, one whom rivels in their enthusiam and nervous energy. The positive Limbic doesn't sit around idly by as an injustice is committed or an urgency in need; rather they act off their gut response with a ferocity towards solcing the problem at hand. Their zeal is of truly great value to society, in art, politics, and various other fields.
    Great point. I definitely have a fiery, passionate inner drive to achieve (hence, why I'm here at work - albeit, taking a quick break ) that's not something I'd ever want to lose. Wonder if it's possible to custom-trim the Limbic to keep only that and just delete all the problems associated with Limbic-ness.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I R LIMBIC.

I have been limbic since I was a child, my mother recalls it in vivid detail, so it's not like something "happened to me." My grandparents actually gave me a very stable first six years.

I also scored very high on Sensitivity on Mindframes.

I have what is called an "artistic temperament."

I think meditation can help, and being tooooo limbic can be neurotic, just as being too calm could be schizoid.

I think there's a prejudice against sensitive people in our society at the moment. One of my friends says she thinks some people are just sensitive and emotional and everybody should stop saying that they're damaged or crazy.

The U.S. is very TJ.
    Luckily, I'm only 50-60% Limbic, so it could be worse. I don't see the U.S. as TJ at all though - if anything, it's annoyingly FJ.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Luckily, I'm only 50-60% Limbic, so it could be worse. I don't see the U.S. as TJ at all though - if anything, it's annoyingly FJ.
    It's pretty systematic and achievement oriented which strikes me as much more ESTJ and many people have agreed that's it's becoming more ENTJ.

Capitalism doesn't strike me as especially FJ, much more TJ though the subculture of being liberal and politically correct and academic may seem more NFJ, I'm not sure that's mainstream American culture at all.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Great point. I definitely have a fiery, passionate inner drive to achieve (hence, why I'm here at work - albeit, taking a quick break ) that's not something I'd ever want to lose. Wonder if it's possible to custom-trim the Limbic to keep only that and just delete all the problems associated with Limbic-ness.
    Well, like any personality type, it has its best and worst traits; niether can be completely disregarded, but individuals can vary in how many traits they possess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't like big 5 because i feel like the descriptions are really biased towards one end of the spectrum in each category. like scoai is the ideal and rluen are the 'bad' traits.

i'd rather be limbic though, i feel like being calm and unfazed all the time would get really fucking boring. a little bit of dramatics keeps things exciting .

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i don't like big 5 because i feel like the descriptions are really biased towards one end of the spectrum in each category. like scoai is the ideal and rluen are the 'bad' traits.

i'd rather be limbic though, i feel like being calm and unfazed all the time would get really fucking boring. a little bit of dramatics keeps things exciting .
    Yeah me no likey the Big 5 either..it's like..the ideal is to be an ENFJ? Good to know.

And it doesn't really tell you anything about the person beyond superficial behaviors either.

Hmm...okay, this person is messy, social, and inquisitive...so what does that mean?

This other person is reserved, calm, and organized. GOOD TO KNOW!

They are things average people can see it's not even like you have to study psychology to observe those things. It's called the stranger test they're things even an older child could plainly see.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post

I kinda agree with you. That's what turns me off about the Big Five - what's the point of a typology system where there's a "right" or "better" type to be?