• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Being Limbic SUCKS.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did had trouble with questions that relate to it because when I'm stressed I don't always react in the typical way. Often I'm just stressed on the inside, feeling immense tension, without expressing it - but the questions don't entirely address this sort of stress. I should probably take the test again, rethink such questions and perhaps be a little more honest with myself.

See, I answer based on how I feel, which is likely why I test moderately high on Limbic. In person, I've actually had people remark that I always seem calm. I laugh to myself when they say this :D.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
See, I answer based on how I feel, which is likely why I test moderately high on Limbic. In person, I've actually had people remark that I always seem calm. I laugh to myself when they say this :D.
I think I must be more in denial. Anyone that is around when I'm cooking could see how freakin' limbic I am. Its even worse if they ask me questions or try to help. :D

So I took the test again and got 58%... :thinking:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think limbic vs calm might vary the most out of all the big 5 dimensions, like does being calm mean you NEVER get very depressed, angry, and exicted or does it mean on average you tend to have stable moods with the occasionally moody phase. I have definitely been depressed before but on the whole I have very stable mood patterns, that's why I label myself as calm.

Limbic is probably going to sound negative because to is based on "negative" emotion according to the big 5, it lumps "positive" emotion with extroversion which I think is flawed. So a "calm" introvert like myself rarely experiences very high and low moods, just basically a neutral person, a "limbic" introvert sounds mostly depressed and sad. Introverts are made to be unhappy by definition according to the big 5, a "calm" extrovert is mostly in positive emotional states while "limbic "extroverts swing more between high and low moods according to the big 5.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Same here. For instance, if someone steals a cab rigt in front of me, I immediately "feel" outraged, but I don't show it, and I get over t pretty quickly.

If someone calls me anorexic, I get annoyed, but I don't show it, and I move on pretty easily.

I'm usually the most calm out of anyone during crises.

For instance, rather than yelling at my employee when he accidentally shredded an important, urgent document with confidential, time-sensitive info, we brainstormed alternative ways to retrieve the necessary information. No problemo, lesson learned.

But little stupid things can temporarily irritate me. By virtue of feeling these emotions, I'm Limbic, and probably a Feeler.

Moreover, I nearly never get truly depressed/ecstatic. The mood fluctuations are much smaller - neutral, irritated, amused. Except with high quality music - that can leave me ecstatic.

I just find it hard to believe that people can really go through life without ever worrying/being annoyed -- calm.