User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't really understand the OP. You seem to be using type theory to disprove type theory. That doesn't make sense to me. If you are going to type yourself by your "shadow" type, you make a nonsense of the whole concept of having a "shadow". You've knotted yourself in a strange loop...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

i cant read a thread about such a stupid notion because it will drive me insane to see how much people agree with it.

the thing is, that most people have an unreflected way of using words like real and unreal. this is true in pretty much any context.

people try to reduce their thinking, or their image of reality, to as little perspectives as possible.

if you can fix that, your line of reasoning won't be too silly, i guess.

anyone has an upper limit of perspectives (which can increase with age), you should just try to reach that limit, always, instead of lazily reducing 99% of reality into unreal things, until only "the real thing" is left, which will completely freeze both intellectual and personal growth.

now, in the context of type i can easily see a smart definition of true or real, because type is about a path of development, and your original/fall-back cognitive-circuits, while as real as any other circuit, will always be the first you ever had (established), and so they define the first coordinate of your development, which defines your path, which is your type. (even though, by now the transforming character of integration may have changed which circuit is most "established" in your system, right now)

in most other psychological cases it's more like this: the most valuable thing in your system is the meta-intelligence of your choices about which circuit you use. to always use the original circuit, because you deem it to be more "real" would be the most retarded reasoning of self-management. it's the psychopathic move, that says: humans are basically animals, empathy or social behavior is just fake, and fake is "false" and "should be avoided". the best circuit to use is the one that is best suited for the job, which ever job that is. all circuits are real, even if they are just "compensatory". compensated social behavior is better than none and it is perfectly real.

regression is real, when it happens, while it happens (due to an external trigger, a certain aspect of the "job" you try to accomplish). it does not determine your "real" potential. it may be reflect the best potential in this specific situation. but generally speaking, please try to avoid regression. "growing up" (mental development) does not stop at 21, it never stops (ideally), and it certainly is not meant to go back to your traumatic childhood either.

mrcockburn, i apologize!!!

it must seem like i called your thread/notion stupid, but if you read closely, you may notice, that i was not actually replying to you, but to a widespread cultural "meme", a way of thinking (superficial rationality, blatantly reducing perspectives) which causes huge damage to the world, and i always get all emotional and wound up, when somebody hurts my dear world :o

this came to mind, because of an association that crossed my mind, not because of what someone wrote in the thread. no hurt feelings intended!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    I don't really understand the OP. You seem to be using type theory to disprove type theory. That doesn't make sense to me. If you are going to type yourself by your "shadow" type, you make a nonsense of the whole concept of having a "shadow". You've knotted yourself in a strange loop...
    It's possible to use type theory without agreeing with 100% of it. And in any case, what I'm really trying to say is that people should type themselves according to their worst memories, when they were displaying their worse behavior.

I don't really believe in shadow=opposite theory...or any shadow theory. I think that your worst self is the real you, and any self-directed improvements are learned, situational and inauthentic. I think people will find their worst selves to type the same, the opposite of their standard type, or any other of the 14 types.

This stems from a personal philosophy that people are naturally destructive and only clean up their acts due to societal incentives. If someone disagrees, they'll probably have the opposite MBTI theory.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

The idea of "worst you = real you" prescibest a certain type of a person, but not others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    How dare you have those thoughts.
    We're all losers on the verge of being dragged down into the quicksand of neurosis!

Nobody said anything about anyone being a loser, and being neurotic doesn't make you a loser.

All people are neurotic to some degree, some more than others.

You really overreact to things. I thought I was bad.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's nothing like people on a Jungian personality type website saying that they essentially don't believe in Jung's theories, even while they continue to display their personality types like badges on their profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

Nobody said anything about anyone being a loser, and being neurotic doesn't make you a loser.
    You're one of the few people who can't recognize sarcasm in a post.
    Go away.

Ginkgo

The self is a relation which relates itself to its own self, or it is that in the relation that the relation relates itself to its own self; the self is not the relation but that the relation relates itself to its own self.