User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    This doesn't go against my statement. Put your Ti to work!
    Yes it does. I double checked to be sure. There is a difference between "somewhere in the middle of the spectrum" and "all of the spectrum". It's not as pronounced a difference as good vs bad, but it is definitely a difference.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I can see that our worse or stressed selves bring out our true personality. I have become really extroverted in the last 5 years or so, but when something bad happens to me I clam up and want to be at home all by myself, revealing my true Introvert nature.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes, that's something I believe. I think people who cannot accept their own worst self or their own flaws tend to be more judgmental of the weaknesses of others, and it stresses them out to show weakness.
    What do you mean by "'accept' their own worst self"? You mean, like, admitting you have personal demons? Or being able to express negative emotions in a frank manner?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I disagree. The real you is who you are at the present moment. The worst you is what you've been in the past, what you can (or already have) overcome.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I disagree. The real you is who you are at the present moment. The worst you is what you've been in the past, what you can (or already have) overcome.
    How dare you have those thoughts.
    We're all losers on the verge of being dragged down into the quicksand of neurosis!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I guess it's fun to explore various ways to look at the self, but only as far as they are helpful. One framework in itself doesn't need to be "definitive."

I tend to be more pragmatic, the older I get. I tend to view my "real self" as the person I am in the world, warts and all; my "ideal self" is the person I aspire to be. It's less about personality and more about my choices and behavior.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

The 'worst me' is a part of me. All of it is ME. I don't think anyone stays so 'baseline' that they're the same day in and day out, or from one period of life to the other. We all may need to adjust or will have certain sides of our personality come to the forefront in a given situation or life 'phase', and in another phase/situation will have another side of ourselves come to the forefront.

I'm a believer that we each have core, elemental aspects to who we are, but that those expand outwards to varying behaviors, and also additional layers of processing, and also new perceptions or choices made over time as we gain more life experience.

The Worst Me is no more the 'Real Me' than the Best Me. They're all just extensions/'modes' of the same core self.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

ReflecTcelfeR

I have come to the conclusion that your worse self is just a part of who you are as the the better self, it's merely combining the two in the most natural way. Because this worse self still has properties of survival within it that could be just as valuable as that of your healthiest self. Plus, I agree that you aren't, unless schizophrenic, a combined version of multiple personalities.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    The 'worst me' is a part of me. All of it is ME. I don't think anyone stays so 'baseline' that they're the same day in and day out, or from one period of life to the other. We all may need to adjust or will have certain sides of our personality come to the forefront in a given situation or life 'phase', and in another phase/situation will have another side of ourselves come to the forefront.

I'm a believer that we each have core, elemental aspects to who we are, but that those expand outwards to varying behaviors, and also additional layers of processing, and also new perceptions or choices made over time as we gain more life experience.

The Worst Me is no more the 'Real Me' than the Best Me. They're all just extensions/'modes' of the same core self.
    +A Bajillion
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that your worse self is just a part of who you are as the the better self, it's merely combining the two in the most natural way. Because this worse self still has properties of survival within it that could be just as valuable as that of your healthiest self. Plus, I agree that you aren't, unless schizophrenic, a combined version of multiple personalities.
    I agree with you and Cascaseco. I don't believe we can ever really be anyone other than ourselves, and even when we're under stress and reveal a different part of ourselves, that too is in character. That said, I've always believed that my "true self" is the best part of myself, the part that I strive to become. Whenever I disappoint this "true self" by acting less in character, it causes me pain, which helps me to grow toward my true self, the "me" at my best.