First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    yes you did. you're very "relaxed" yet always trying to keep what you see as your weaknesses consciously in check.

If you were really relaxed you'd accept your weaknesses and not necessarily flaunt them (I don't think that's healthy either) but consciously working to keep the shadow self in check is very control-freaky and definitely indicates repression or rejection of part of your human self (and it probably affects how you view other humans and their weaknesses as well).
    Hey, I said I didn't have to keep myself in check, re-read my post..

The worst me isn't something that I'm always trying to keep in check.
    so...IDK if we're talking about the same thing.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

yes you did. you're very "relaxed" yet always trying to keep what you see as your weaknesses consciously in check.

If you were really relaxed you'd accept your weaknesses and not necessarily flaunt them (I don't think that's healthy either) but consciously working to keep the shadow self in check is very control-freaky and definitely indicates repression or rejection of part of your human self (and it probably affects how you view other humans and their weaknesses as well).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Yes, that's something I believe. I think people who cannot accept their own worst self or their own flaws tend to be more judgmental of the weaknesses of others, and it stresses them out to show weakness.

It's just my theory. You can disagree if you like, but I find it to be the case in my observation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Er, I never said that your worst self isn't something that should be accepted...only that I don't agree with the fact that it's necessarily the core of our personality. It's the core of our personality in our "negative" moments, as much as our best is the core in our positive moments. Ofc, that's also my own personal opinion, but if I say that I'm not always trying to keep my "negative" self in check, doesn't really mean I'm repressing it, just that there's nothing ATM which causes its appearance.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well ENFP is the same as ENTP: EN...and ENFJ is the same as ESFJ...EF...(Ne dom and Fe dom, respectively)

Extraverted Feeling - EF(S) and EF(N)

Self-critical, self-blaming, pessimistic, overly susceptible to feeling guilty or remorse, constantly takes blames for others, judgemental to oneself and others, derogatory attitude, negativistic

Extreme Neurosis:
    Depressive Personality Disorder
    Histrionic Personality Disorder

Extraverted Intuition - EN(T) and EN(F)

addictions, impulsive, hypochondriacal, anxiety, addicted to drinking/sex/drugs/cigarettes/and other forms of bodily-induced sensations, dissociated from inner thoughts and feelings, workaholic, overly obsessed with a single object or idea

Extreme Neurosis:
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Anxiety Disorder
    Thank you.
    If I were going by stress reactions (and function theory) then ENFP is a better fit. I'm one hellva screwed up ENFP though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, that's something I believe. I think people who cannot accept their own worst self or their own flaws tend to be more judgmental of the weaknesses of others, and it stresses them out to show weakness.

It's just my theory. You can disagree if you like, but I find it to be the case in my observation.
    You're shoving words in his mouth that he never said, and jumping to irrational conclusions.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

hmmmm.... I don't know about that one. Seems like people can have any number of random reactions under stress, especially as they get older, that seems a little too murky to hold up. Especially if someone has a relatively relaxed and predictable lifestyle, and 95 percent of the time they are happy.... Only 5 percent of the time they are revealing their true selves? I'm inclined to think that you're true type is the one that offers the most comfort for your growing needs, so it attempts to cover your processes for the highest percentage of time, (so you can improve and learn and grow with the basic model.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Er, I never said that your worst self isn't something that should be accepted...only that I don't agree with the fact that it's necessarily the core of our personality. It's the core of our personality in our "negative" moments, as much as our best is the core in our positive moments. Ofc, that's also my own personal opinion, but if I say that I'm not always trying to keep my "negative" self in check, doesn't really mean I'm repressing it, just that there's nothing ATM which causes its appearance.
    Okay I apologize for the misinterpretation.

My theory still stands for people who live in fear of their shadow, or who repress. My "you" was the general you who does this activity, so I hope you did not take it personally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're shoving words in his mouth that he never said, and jumping to irrational conclusions.
    LOL you're one to talk. It's like you wait to jump on people to make mistakes.

I misunderstood him and those "irrational conclusions" are actually theories held up by many psychologists, it's just that I read his "isn't" as "is" and I apologized to him.

So settle down.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't agree. The worst me isn't something that I'm always trying to keep in check. It's something that comes out when I'm terribly pissed off, which is rare.
    Not really trying to keep in check, but just something you'd never willingly want to show. My worst side is usually hidden away beyond my knowledge.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg