User Tag List

First 1234 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Just out of curiosity, Marm, what are ENF's stress responses? I can look them up, but some thing about your wording....I'm actually wondering if I'm more extroverted than I thought.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Your happiest, healthiest self is your type. It's the most comfortable place for you. Hence preferences.

Your "crazy" or your "wish I was" or "gotta be" is the inferior.
    My crazy type = ISFP
    Wish I was type = ENFJ
    Gotta be type = ESFJ (because I'm a chick, people expect me to Fe/Si all over the place. I try to, but I suck tragically at both functions.)

Okay, it's obviously time for me to be booked into the happy house. Where's Winona Ryder...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know if this helps but when I was about 17 I thought INTJs (or the INTJ archetype) were the most magnificent creatures on earth, like they were the most controlled, rational, brilliant beings...who never lost control, never acted uncouth, but had intellect and insight.

It was only in getting to know them, personally, that I realized how damaged they can be, and how human they all are.

And how much I value my emotional sensitivity, my open extroverted perception, and my attachment to the physical world.

Neurosis can make you hate WHAT YOU ARE and make you want to be THE INFERIOR. Or...conversely, instead of conscious admiration, it can just make you subconsciously act out the issues of that inferior function. Or both.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I don't know if this helps but when I was about 17 I thought INTJs (or the INTJ archetype) were the most magnificent creatures on earth, like they were the most controlled, rational, brilliant beings...who never lost control, never acted uncouth, but had intellect and insight.

It was only in getting to know them, personally, that I realized how damaged they can be, and how human they all are.

And how much I value my emotional sensitivity, my open extroverted perception, and my attachment to the physical world.

Neurosis can make you hate WHAT YOU ARE and make you want to be THE INFERIOR. Or...conversely, instead of conscious admiration, it can just make you subconsciously act out the issues of that inferior function. Or both.
    Wanting the best of the inferior, and acting like the worst of the inferior. This does make sense. It's almost like trying to fulfill the positive stereotype of the inferior, but you can only take on the negative traits, because it's always easier to behave negatively than it is to behave positively.

And what I just said made no sense. I must be inferior Ti.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Or an INFJ.

Mhhmm. Guess what I thought my original type was?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Yes! Yes! I remember!

You said, that you couldn't believe you even thought you were an INFJ!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Marm, you thought you were INFJ? Where's the Fe?? You read to me as Fi all the way!
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Just out of curiosity, Marm, what are ENF's stress responses? I can look them up, but some thing about your wording....I'm actually wondering if I'm more extroverted than I thought.
    Well ENFP is the same as ENTP: EN...and ENFJ is the same as ESFJ...EF...(Ne dom and Fe dom, respectively)

Extraverted Feeling - EF(S) and EF(N)

Self-critical, self-blaming, pessimistic, overly susceptible to feeling guilty or remorse, constantly takes blames for others, judgemental to oneself and others, derogatory attitude, negativistic

Extreme Neurosis:
    Depressive Personality Disorder
    Histrionic Personality Disorder

Extraverted Intuition - EN(T) and EN(F)

addictions, impulsive, hypochondriacal, anxiety, addicted to drinking/sex/drugs/cigarettes/and other forms of bodily-induced sensations, dissociated from inner thoughts and feelings, workaholic, overly obsessed with a single object or idea

Extreme Neurosis:
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Anxiety Disorder

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Marm, you thought you were INFJ? Where's the Fe?? You read to me as Fi all the way!
    Exactly. I quickly figured out that Fi and Te were my judging functions.

But I believe I had some sort of Ni fixation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I also think the stressed version of the person is not the true self (or in this case, preferred form of cognition), but the inferior function which opposes the true self. This is often why the person is stressed; they are trying to harmonize two forms of thinking opposed to each other because a situation seems to call for the one they do not prefer.

So, I don't agree with the OP. I don't believe the worst self is the true self, only one part of the whole self. I think the true self is not so one-dimensional, not static, and not necessarily "bad". I tend to think the true self is the theoretical "self-actualized" version. In enneagram, your type is how you cope in a sense, the emotional motivation you use to deal with life. The more you let this cover your true self, the more you disintegrate. Integration is when you take on a motivation that balances your main one, which allows the true self to emerge, since the main motivation no longer has a stranglehold. Something like that anyway
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm... I wish I was more like my ISTJ brother... He's amazing.