• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Worst You = The Real You?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're one of the few people who can't recognize sarcasm in a post.
Go away.

I recognize it in other people's posts. Just not yours. I don't know why. Maybe because you also seem angry? And say things like go away?

Jaguar

I recognize it in other people's posts. Just not yours. I don't know why. Maybe because you also seem angry? And say things like go away?

Let's solve the problem: put me on ignore.
Some people say "Go away" when their time is being wasted, not because they're angry.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't have anyone on ignore.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Gotta pop the cherry sometime.

Nah I've had people on ignore in the past and I just end up reading some of their posts anyway out of curiousity.

uncommonentity

I disagree. The 'angry' me only ever shows his face to drive a point across to someone who isn't getting it the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth time. It's like, the last resort. It's like what I have to transform myself into to prove a point. Not who I 'really' am. We're all capable of being dreadful but only a small amount of us are actually dreadful by default. The 'worst' me is my own perception of what the 'worst' is therefore I turn into that to inform people of the nasty person I could be and have them understand they should be greatful i'm not like that 'for real' but if you push me that's what i'll serve you.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
s8v04.jpg

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
^ [MENTION=6071]Oakysage[/MENTION] - I think this is the third thread you've posted that picture in. What does it mean to you?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ [MENTION=6071]Oakysage[/MENTION] - I think this is the third thread you've posted that picture in. What does it mean to you?
It's quite interesting how we can make relevant a picture towards what we wish to explain. The picture has many ways you can see it in. For example, it meant insomnia within the mood thread. In the random thought thread, I had simply thought of the image and decided to post it as a random thought. For this, I would think it's also able to show the truth in a being with empathy. Are we not most ourselves when we lie in bed thinking about what we think about before we sleep. The time of deepest thoughts and contemplation?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you agree with this? That your very worst side, the behaviors that you usually keep under control (your id in Freudian speak?) are the real you.

No.
Me is who I am right now.
The worst side of me is who I am when that part of me comes out.
All of it together, is the real me. To believe that the worst side of me is the "real" me, would seem to discount the existence of the rest of me. It's there, so if it isn't a part of me, then what is it? "Oh, here's this non-me that I'm acting like, and being....."? No, it's a part of me, and I accept that part of me and love it.

I can't discount all of the energy and time people put into creating an identity.

The truth is, under certain conditions, I might be the "me" that is disturbed, but I'm not under those conditions, so that's not the me that is usually present. Do I think it's possible that I would turn into that "me"..... sure. But in reality, that's not the me that can be described now. I think it's important to describe yourself as you are, not as what-you-might-be under certain conditions. To type myself by my shadow type would be incorrect.

I also have trouble believing I ever "overcame" my shadow self. I don't think I was initially in the situation to be my shadow self, so it was never anything I had to overcome. I grew into what I am today, without ever truly being my shadow self.

uncommonentity

Are we not most ourselves when we lie in bed thinking about what we think about before we sleep. The time of deepest thoughts and contemplation?

Depends on who you intend to ask and what sort of day they've had I suppose. Too many god damn variables and as we're constantly developing there's never any 'final you' unless you close your eyes and ears and refuse to move or learn anything new and even then the tiniest thought could give you a brand new perspective. I'd go as far as saying someone can only be truly judged on their final day of earth. You only ever know who you are so far.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Depends on who you intend to ask and what sort of day they've had I suppose. Too many god damn variables and as we're constantly developing there's never any 'final you' unless you close your eyes and ears and refuse to move or learn anything new and even then the tiniest thought could give you a brand new perspective.
'course such is the case however we may intuitively conjure up an average depiction of the current person we are based on such variables of our patterned thought process within large ranges of time. Estimations must constantly be used.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
It's quite interesting how we can make relevant a picture towards what we wish to explain. The picture has many ways you can see it in. For example, it meant insomnia within the mood thread.

I figured so when I saw it there, but then was curious when I saw you'd posted it for what seemed (and was) the third time.

In the random thought thread, I had simply thought of the image and decided to post it as a random thought. For this, I would think it's also able to show the truth in a being with empathy. Are we not most ourselves when we lie in bed thinking about what we think about before we sleep. The time of deepest thoughts and contemplation?

Hm, that's an interesting theory, I like it. I think it might be true for me, and may be the reason why possibly some of the best conversations I've had in my life happened with friends when we stayed up later than we should have because we were enjoying the conversation too much to quit and go home/ go to bed. (Sometimes and sometimes not involving alcohol. :laugh: Seems to only work for night owls, though.)

Would early morning be the equivalent for those crazy early morning people?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I figured so when I saw it there, but then was curious when I saw you'd posted it for what seemed (and was) the third time.
Tis a picture I believe may be used to express a number of different things.

Hm, that's an interesting theory, I like it. I think it might be true for me, and may be the reason why possibly some of the best conversations I've had in my life happened with friends when we stayed up later than we should have because we were enjoying the conversation too much to quit and go home/ go to bed. (Sometimes and sometimes not involving alcohol. :laugh: Seems to only work for night owls, though.)

Would early morning be the equivalent for those crazy early morning people?
Oh absolutely. One may always find that deepest thoughts and musings are easily expressed at such a time. I'm not sure about the morning types though. Perhaps when everything is quiet and serenity exists a free and fresh mind exists in which one is not influenced much by external situations that forces a certain change in mindset.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I dunno about thoughts spent lying in bed before sleep. I mean I spend an awful lot of time alone, so that probably holds true for me. But I would imagine extraverts (the only scientifically proven type difference) would be more themselves when around others.

I feel like the same person when I'm sitting around alone as I do when around one particular friend, and only that one friend. My best friend since kindergarten (a probable ENFP). In both situations, I'm usually plucking at my ukulele while talking (alone, it's more of an internal dialogue, but still a dialogue), or building a house of cards (I totally built one that could support a full can of beer without bending or falling).

So maybe, it's not necessarily when a person is alone in a serene environment, but when a person is at their most comfortable. "In their element" in other words. Also, the kierkegaardian stuff I was talking about earlier.