• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible rule for determining one's MBTI Tertiary doppelganger

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not unless you count their tertiary MBTI types. That is, if you want to. They do share Se in common, but only if you count the ISTJ's auxiliary Se in the tertiary. And then they would have to be unbalanced personalities relying on tertiaries to take up the slack.

ISTJs have Si bro. They DO NOT have Se, lulz. If they did, they'd be ISTPs.

ISTJs can just seem ISFP if they're in a hard core Si/Fi loop sometimes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJs have Si bro. They DO NOT have Se, lulz. If they did, they'd be ISTPs.

ISTJs can just seem ISFP if they're in a hard core Si/Fi loop sometimes.

I didn't say the ISTJ was Se. I was talking about it's tertiary type which, according to my theory, is ISFP. That's why I called it the Se auxiliary of the ISTJ tertiary type. That's the Se connection between the two types you mentioned, but only when they are unbalanced types lacking strong auxiliaries.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't say the ISTJ was Se. I was talking about it's tertiary type which, according to my theory, is ISFP. That's why I called it the Se auxiliary of the ISTJ tertiary type. That's the Se connection between the two types you mentioned, but only when they are unbalanced types lacking strong auxiliaries.

No the tertiary type of ISTJ is IxFP because their tertiary is Fi, not Se. This is, by way of function theory, actually INFP but can APPEAR ISFP since ISTJ is Si DOMINANT, just as ENTP can look ENFJ instead of ESFJ (tertiary Fe) because of being Ne DOMINANT.

On the other hand, someone who is not Sensing or Intuition dominant may not give off the appearance of the opposite Intuition/Sensing function, and be closer to the actual tertiary loop type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No the tertiary type of ISTJ is IxFP because their tertiary is Fi, not Se. This is, by way of function theory, actually INFP but can APPEAR ISFP since ISTJ is Si DOMINANT, just as ENTP can look ENFJ instead of ESFJ (tertiary Fe) because of being Ne DOMINANT.

On the other hand, someone who is not Sensing or Intuition dominant may not give off the appearance of the opposite Intuition/Sensing function, and be closer to the actual tertiary loop type.

So you're saying there is already a tertiary MBTI theory, and that the tertiary of ENTP is ESFJ and not EXTJ as you implied in the first paragraph?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you're saying there is already a tertiary MBTI theory, and that the tertiary of ENTP is ESFJ and not EXTJ as you implied in the first paragraph?

I already described the tertiary loop theory. You seriously think an ENTP would act ExTJ? Why would you even think that? It doesn't even make sense.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I already described the tertiary loop theory. You seriously think an ENTP would act ExTJ? Why would you even think that? It doesn't even make sense.

I'll take that as a "no" vote.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll take that as a "no" vote.

You don't know the Tertiary Loop theory? YOU MUST TO EVEN USE THOSE WORDS.

There's no fucking dominant tertiary in MBTI, it's in function theory and was specifically created by Lenore Thomson.

If you go MBTI, there is NO DOM/TERT because YOU ARE NOT USING FUNCTIONS.

Mon dieu, Mr. Tin Foil Hat, what will you think of next?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There's no fucking dominant tertiary in MBTI, it's in function theory and was specifically created by Lenore Thomson.

There was no tertiary until someone invented it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Why not start a wikipedia page called "tertiary theory"?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why not start a wikipedia page called "tertiary theory"?

Dear god, what is wrong with you? I can understand you want to start a new theory...but if you claim you're using MBTI...there's not Dom/Tert in MBTI, because MBTI does not implement Jungian function theory. So to call it that is false.

Secondly, there is no theory where Te is ENTPs tertiary function or Se is ISTJs tertiary, not even in Socionics, SO WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS?

Is your theory that letters themselves change? If so, why? And you can't explain by using functions since you're not using functions in any way resembling actual information based in reality and accepted theories.

Either you're using MBTI OR you're doing something based in function theory, and if you're doing function theory, you're doing it wrong.

You're an INTP. I'm sure you're perfectly capable of Googling Lenore Thomson Tertiary Temptation and Dominant/Tertiary loops. Her theories are all at http://greenlightwiki.com

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear god, what is wrong with you? I can understand you want to start a new theory...but if you claim you're using MBTI...there's not Dom/Tert in MBTI, because MBTI does not implement Jungian function theory. So to call it that is false.

Secondly, there is no theory where Te is ENTPs tertiary function or Se is ISTJs tertiary, not even in Socionics, SO WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS?

Is your theory that letters themselves change? If so, why? And you can't explain by using functions since you're not using functions in any way resembling actual information based in reality and accepted theories.

Either you're using MBTI OR you're doing something based in function theory, and if you're doing function theory, you're doing it wrong.

You're an INTP. I'm sure you're perfectly capable of Googling Lenore Thomson Tertiary Temptation and Dominant/Tertiary loops. Her theories are all at http://greenlightwiki.com

That's the best you can do? Insult my hat, and then insult my INTP type? Why not toss this at me too?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lenore+Thomson+Tertiary+Temptation+

What I don't understand is why you keep pulling the punches you learned from your Genius typology buddies at PersN.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's the best you can do? Insult my hat, and then insult my INTP type? Why not toss this at me too?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lenore+Thomson+Tertiary+Temptation+

What I don't understand is why you keep pulling the punches you learned from your Genius typology buddies at PersN.

I didn't insult you for being an INTP, and I think it's hilarious to call you Mr. Tin Foil Hat since that's your avatar and you represent it well. Why does that bother you so much? Hmmm?

You still haven't given any relevant information for why your theory is valid at all. You don't explain yourself at all, and I've pointed out the technical, factual flaws in it. So I'm waiting.

I see you CAN GOOGLE. Good job. I just wanted to see if you could do it yourself. I mean, I figured you already knew and were just playing dumb, since you were using the words Dom/Tert theory in the first place.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
mal12345

Mendel is plain math. Generation is dichotomy. It can be used in genetics, he did.
Dichotomy is about laws.
A nine-set of MBTI dichotomy is about nine-set laws. Not exactly those of Mendel.
There is a correlation, though. Dichotomy is basically one principle.

S is not N.
It is the complementary party of N.
N and S stand on one continuum. The more there is N, the less there is S. Vice versa.
If you are INTP, you can say you are Ti Ne. Or then you are not INTP.
S does not precede N if you are an N.
You cannot be Ti Si. You could be Ti Se- then you would be ISTP.

We look at the couplets in number, and then we see how it goes.

A nine set. Therefore eight funtions.

Couplets stand on a continuum. The law of the dichotomy.

A continnum is composed on two ends. The ends furthest apart: 18
The ends closest each other: 45
Therefore 45 is the inverse party of 18

we had

It means: Ti and Fe share a continuum. It goes crosswise with two other ones: The continuum of T and F; the continuum of I and E.
The complementary party of Ti is Fe. The parties complement one another on a continuum. They do not leave the continuum:

If your first function is Ti, your 8th function is Fe.

We invert: the vertical takes the place of the horizontal. We have

If you first function is Ti, your fourth function is Te.

If your eighth function is Fe, your fifth function is Fi.

Now we have left the dichotomy of perception

If your second function is Ne, your tertiary is Ni.

If your second function is Ne, your seventh function is Si

If your seventh function is Si, your sixth function is Se.

INTP

1. Ti Ne - INTP (surprise?)
2. Ni Te - INTJ
3. Fi Se - ISFP
4. Si Fe - ISFJ

NT is the complementary party of SF

ESFJ is the complementary party of INTP

turnaround

function order of ESFJ:

Fe Si Se Fi Te Ni Ne Ti

An absolute function order is a model in the locker.
ESFJ in a test does not mean your function order is a model in the locker.
It only means you stand closest to the ESFJ, of the types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't insult you for being an INTP, and I think it's hilarious to call you Mr. Tin Foil Hat since that's your avatar and you represent it well. Why does that bother you so much? Hmmm?

You still haven't given any relevant information for why your theory is valid at all. You don't explain yourself at all, and I've pointed out the technical, factual flaws in it. So I'm waiting.

I see you CAN GOOGLE. Good job. I just wanted to see if you could do it yourself. I mean, I figured you already knew and were just playing dumb, since you were using the words Dom/Tert theory in the first place.

Those are NOT factual flaws. There are no facts of the matter involved whatsoever. They are only "facts" to you because you have strong opinions on this subject.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Those are NOT factual flaws. There are no facts of the matter involved whatsoever. They are only "facts" to you because you have strong opinions on this subject.

Yes they are facts of Jungian theory and of the established theories, including Socionics.

What is your logic in saying Se would be a tert function of ISTJ or that Te would be a tert function of ENTP?

You're not explaining yourself. It's like you just want me to buy your theory without you tracing it back to any thing grounded in Jung.

If you can explain your theory, I might see your idea...but until you do, this just looks like nonsense to me. It's based in nothing.

Can you give concrete examples of why you think this? Can you explain what causes you to believe that ISTJ would be Si-Te-Se and ENTP would be Ne-Ti-Te? WHAT? WHY? What is the logic in that? Is there even a pattern to that?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mal12345

Mendel is plain math. Generation is dichotomy. It can be used in genetics, he did.
Dichotomy is about laws.
A nine-set of MBTI dichotomy is about nine-set laws. Not exactly those of Mendel.
There is a correlation, though. Dichotomy is basically one principle.

S is not N.
It is the complementary party of N.
N and S stand on one continuum. The more there is N, the less there is S. Vice versa.

Before I read the rest of this, I just want to point out one issue here, which you would say is a merely rhetorical point. But it isn't.

You say that S is not N, and that S and N stand on one continuum, like a straight, continuous line.

Let's create an analogy for this. The boiling point of water is not the freezing point of water. Yet they stand on one continuum, that is, the temperature of water. They don't stand at opposite sides of this continuum in reality, but let's just say that they do for arguments sake.

But granted that they do stand on opposite ends of the continuum, like north and south poles, you're not really describing this in terms analogous to temperatures. Lukewarm water is formed by mixing equal amounts of hot and cold, but when mixed together, it is neither one. The molecular activity slows down or speeds up to attain a point of equilibrium. In your scheme, however, N and S are not lost in any kind of blending. They remain distinct elements of personality. And that's how the idea of this as a continuum gets lost on me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes they are facts of Jungian theory and of the established theories, including Socionics.

What is your logic in saying Se would be a tert function of ISTJ or that Te would be a tert function of ENTP?

You're not explaining yourself. It's like you just want me to buy your theory without you tracing it back to any thing grounded in Jung.

If you can explain your theory, I might see your idea...but until you do, this just looks like nonsense to me. It's based in nothing.

Can you give concrete examples of why you think this? Can you explain what causes you to believe that ISTJ would be Si-Te-Se and ENTP would be Ne-Ti-Te? WHAT? WHY? What is the logic in that? Is there even a pattern to that?

Of course I revealed the logic of the pattern in the OP. But the same criticism can be leveled at ALL your theories. They are only held to be factual because a lot of people happen to believe them. Now tell me when a pure theory becomes fact, and that will be the point at which people believed Copernican cosmology to be factual.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course I revealed the logic of the pattern in the OP. But the same criticism can be leveled at ALL your theories. They are only held to be factual because a lot of people happen to believe them. Now tell me when a pure theory becomes fact, and that will be the point at which people believed Copernican cosmology to be factual.

Well your logic is very flimsy. It's not explained in depth. Jung studied people FOR YEARS and gave HUGE AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION FOR HIS REASONING.

There is no logic to saying the ISTJs tertiary is Se. Why would that make sense?

Just explain to me why, or your whole theory is just B.S.

Have you spent months or years of your life observing so many ISTJs that you firmly believe they have BOTH Si and Se?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well your logic is very flimsy. It's not explained in depth. Jung studied people FOR YEARS and gave HUGE AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION FOR HIS REASONING.

There is no logic to saying the ISTJs tertiary is Se. Why would that make sense?

Just explain to me why, or your whole theory is just B.S.

Have you spent months or years of your life observing so many ISTJs that you firmly believe they have BOTH Si and Se?

Jung gave utterly no reason to believe in the veracity of his judgment. His entire theory rests on zero facts. Someone might just as well describe in great detail the UFO and the aliens they saw in their back yard last night. But the description corresponds to nothing in reality.

Jung's theory thus rests on the coherence of his account. The correspondence to reality (his patients) has to be taken on faith, as with the UFO story. But even the coherence of his theory is lacking when he asserts that cognitive styles lead to a certain type of personality. He offers utterly no proof whatsoever, so it stands as a huge assumption on Jung's part.

Furthermore, I did not say that the ISTJ's tertiary is Se, it is ISFP. But if you think my POSSIBLE theory is flawed on the basis of that, then I can always modify my POSSIBLE theory. That's why I put the word POSSIBLE in the title.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jung gave utterly no reason to believe in the veracity of his judgment. His entire theory rests on zero facts. Someone might just as well describe in great detail the UFO and the aliens they saw in their back yard last night. But the description corresponds to nothing in reality.

Jung's theory thus rests on the coherence of his account. The correspondence to reality (his patients) has to be taken on faith, as with the UFO story. But even the coherence of his theory is lacking when he asserts that cognitive styles lead to a certain type of personality. He offers utterly no proof whatsoever, so it stands as a huge assumption on Jung's part.

Furthermore, I did not say that the ISTJ's tertiary is Se, it is ISFP. But if you think my POSSIBLE theory is flawed on the basis of that, then I can always modify my POSSIBLE theory. That's why I put the word POSSIBLE in the title.

You said ISTJ and ISFP share Se. That must have been a mistake on your part, then. Because I know why an ISTJ can look like an ISFP...Si/Fi loop with very high Fi, and looking less INFP even though they have Ne instead of Se, simply through the fact they're Si dom...which is what I already said many posts back.

Jung was an ISTP and based his theories on actual observations of patients. He at least began with reality.