First 678

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Histrionics .. such an American expression. In Europe we call it hysteria.
    Importance is subjective.. A subject matter is neutral.

Walk your dog.
    They keep to the Freudian tradition over there, I suspect. In America the APA gets to decide on terminology. Sometimes its decisions are based on politics and not objectivity. I don't know why the difference here, but perhaps it has to do with the term "hysteria" being associated with a feminine trait. And feminists here won't like that idea.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Maybe it was already brought up... I didn't feel like reading all the pages. But that's basically, say for example, me with INTJ. ISFP's and INTJ's share all the same functions but in different orders. I joked with my INTJ roommate how as he gets older, he's going to be more like me and vice versa. Made for a good joke. He thinks I'm nuts. But anywho, in that respect... it's more like ISFP's and INTJ's rather than INFJ's, are tertiary and inferior doppelgangers, no?? I've always thought of it as, I have a little NT rational temperament that's trying to bubble to the surface and develop, and with INTJ's, they have a little SP artisan... and a rather bubbly one at that, an SF trying to get to the surface and develop. Also, it's the ISFP and INTJ that share similar looping patterns, the Fi-Ni loop. But I guess that'd make both of us appear more INFx-ish. I actually used to mistype on test as INFP quite a bit, and INFJ maybe once.
    Yes, that's the sort of issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of here, in my own way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Thanks. I don't think that's the reason, however. A psychological flight into excessiveness is the reason. Or are you saying that, a priori to the excessive behaviors, the OP was waiting in the wings because it is in the opposite orientation?
    The OP complex is said to constellate when the ego feels obstructed by something. Otherwise, the associated function simply backs up the dominant.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

They keep to the Freudian tradition over there, I suspect. In America the APA gets to decide on terminology. Sometimes its decisions are based on politics and not objectivity. I don't know why the difference here, but perhaps it has to do with the term "hysteria" being associated with a feminine trait. And feminists here won't like that idea.
    It is associated with a feminine trait here, as well. The local feminists are not into hysterics.
    Their control is as good as their drive, I guess. But it is a somewhat precarious balance. :P

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is associated with a feminine trait here, as well. The local feminists are not into hysterics.
    Their control is as good as their drive, I guess. But it is a somewhat precarious balance. :P
    They just want to delete all distinctions commonly made between males and females. As I recall, for a while the entry under "Borderline Personality Disorder" had to be changed because it was called a disorder of teenaged girls.

MBTI
    INTP

They just want to delete all distinctions commonly made between males and females. As I recall, for a while the entry under "Borderline Personality Disorder" had to be changed because it was called a disorder of teenaged girls.
    New days, new mores. Stepford is archaic.