First 5678 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I am so sorry I have hurt your feelings.
    It was never my intention.
    Regrets.

However.
    Emotionality clouds the issue.
    Clear logic wins the day.
    You assume I'm angry. Anyway, I enjoy clear logic, but I'm searching for the clarity in what you're trying to say. The numerology part worked out after a while. I don't understand the words you're using. Maybe numbers speak louder.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    This forum has become nothing but predictable.
    It's your tin foil hat.

MBTI
    INTP

You assume I'm angry. Anyway, I enjoy clear logic, but I'm searching for the clarity in what you're trying to say. The numerology part worked out after a while. I don't understand the words you're using. Maybe numbers speak louder.
    I am glad to hear that. Yes, numbers speak louder. Words whisper.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I am glad to hear that. Yes, numbers speak louder. Words whisper.
    Some people around here need to learn the art of whispering. I just don't see any reason to fly into histrionics over such an unimportant theory as typology.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Furthermore, I did not say that the ISTJ's tertiary is Se, it is ISFP.
    The ISFP functions for an ISTJ would be a tertiary (Puer)-Opposing Personality (backup) combo. The OP might be strong, because it is after all, the dominant function but simply in the opposite orientation.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The ISFP functions for an ISTJ would be a tertiary (Puer)-Opposing Personality (backup) combo. The OP might be strong, because it is after all, the dominant function but simply in the opposite orientation.
    Thanks. I don't think that's the reason, however. A psychological flight into excessiveness is the reason. Or are you saying that, a priori to the excessive behaviors, the OP was waiting in the wings because it is in the opposite orientation?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

*Marches into thread, swinging from the gate*

I DEMAND ANSWERS ABOUT WHATEVER IT IS WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.....
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What I'm trying to do here is solve some dilemmas that I've had with real-life typing. I've mentioned a few problem examples on this forum. Maybe the answer is on this forum. But I'm not easily convinced with any old someone coming along claiming to have The Answer.

edit - fixed.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    huh. I like that... only, without consuming the time it may take for me to change all the types, i'll try to explain my thought. I would think the doppleanger would be one with similar functions all around.... like, instead of INTP (Ti/Ne/Si/Fe) with ISTJ (si/te/fi/ne) it would more be like INTP with ISFJ- jumbled functions (Si/Fe/Ti/Ne.) Know what I mean? I've always thought of strange similarities in the people with jumbled functions- one's tertiary is another one's primary and visa versa (and other top functions are the same.) . Ugh, this is coming out so strange, I hope it makes sense.

Just one more example to make me more comfortable with this post. INFP (Fi/Ne/Si/Te) with ISTJ (Si/Te/Fi/Ne)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No he's talking about Lenore Thomson dom-tert loops. As you can see, at the top it says "Dominant-Tertiary."

Like an ISTJ in an Si-Fi loop can seem ISFP (or INFP, which is more similar to what you've said about matchy matchy functions)...but typically yeah more like an ISFP since they're presenting a Sensing function even though it's not Se. They can look like an extremely introverted ISFP.

Or an ISFP in an Fi-Ni loop can actually look similar to an INFP (though mal has INFJ listed, I would say it depends on how strong the Ni is vs. Fi).

Yes, this is absolutely pre-packaged Lenore Thomson dom-tert theory, and I do agree with her theory, and I've witnessed it in people.

It's only pre-packaged because he's making it more about letters than functions. I just wanted to make sure to point out that this is based in a more widely accepted theory since I neglected to do so before.

I sometimes forget how haphazard the knowledge is on this forum about function theory. It's one of the main things I like about Personality Nation, though I'm much more comfortable with the warm social environment here and the level of activity.
    Maybe it was already brought up... I didn't feel like reading all the pages. But that's basically, say for example, me with INTJ. ISFP's and INTJ's share all the same functions but in different orders. I joked with my INTJ roommate how as he gets older, he's going to be more like me and vice versa. Made for a good joke. He thinks I'm nuts. But anywho, in that respect... it's more like ISFP's and INTJ's rather than INFJ's, are tertiary and inferior doppelgangers, no?? I've always thought of it as, I have a little NT rational temperament that's trying to bubble to the surface and develop, and with INTJ's, they have a little SP artisan... and a rather bubbly one at that, an SF trying to get to the surface and develop. Also, it's the ISFP and INTJ that share similar looping patterns, the Fi-Ni loop. But I guess that'd make both of us appear more INFx-ish. I actually used to mistype on test as INFP quite a bit, and INFJ maybe once.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP

Some people around here need to learn the art of whispering. I just don't see any reason to fly into histrionics over such an unimportant theory as typology.
    Histrionics .. such an American expression. In Europe we call it hysteria.
    Importance is subjective.. A subject matter is neutral.

Walk your dog.