User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 76

  1. #51
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Before I read the rest of this, I just want to point out one issue here, which you would say is a merely rhetorical point. But it isn't.

    You say that S is not N, and that S and N stand on one continuum, like a straight, continuous line.

    Let's create an analogy for this. The boiling point of water is not the freezing point of water. Yet they stand on one continuum, that is, the temperature of water. They don't stand at opposite sides of this continuum in reality, but let's just say that they do for arguments sake.

    But granted that they do stand on opposite ends of the continuum, like north and south poles, you're not really describing this in terms analogous to temperatures. Lukewarm water is formed by mixing equal amounts of hot and cold, but when mixed together, it is neither one. The molecular activity slows down or speeds up to attain a point of equilibrium. In your scheme, however, N and S are not lost in any kind of blending. They remain distinct elements of personality. And that's how the idea of this as a continuum gets lost on me.
    Not bad at all, mal12345.
    Thank you

    Let us take a close look how the circle goes.

    I say the absolute function order for INTP is
    Ti Ne Ni Te Fi Se Si Fe

    What is the criterium of a circle? The ends must compound.

    1. Introversion-Extraversion.

    I E I E I E I E .. the ends compound.

    2. The blend of J - P

    J P P J J P P J .. the ends compound.

    3. The blend of T - F (n for neutral)

    T n n T F n n F .. the ends compound.

    4. The blend of N - S

    n N N n n S S n .. the ends compound ..


    Four dichotomies? Basically only one.
    We have only a horizontal circle?
    We have also a vertical circle.

    Is the vertical circle idiomatic with the horizontal circle?
    It is.

    Is there an overall symmetric blend?
    There is.

    INTP is not the entirety. It is but a part of the entirety.

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have read all day.

    No, all week.

    No, all YEAR.

    Now go cry about it to your HACKER friends back at PersN. Maybe your HACKER friends back at PersN would like to take another crack at HACKING my accounts the way they did last time. What a wonderful forum your PersN is. Of course it's wonderful, it's run by a bunch of HACKERS.
    Wow. Whoa. Your tin foil hat is out of control friend. Is this your trolling ploy to give me schizo crazy since I said you're nuts? Or are you really this nuts?

    I don't even know what you're talking about now.

    Besides, I thought I was on your ignore list.

    You still didn't explain your theory.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Maybe your HACKER friends back at PersN would like to take another crack at HACKING my accounts the way they did last time.


  4. #54
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Not bad at all, mal12345.
    Thank you

    Let us take a close look how the circle goes.

    I say the absolute function order for INTP is
    Ti Ne Ni Te Fi Se Si Fe

    What is the criterium of a circle? The ends must compound.

    1. Introversion-Extraversion.

    I E I E I E I E .. the ends compound.

    2. The blend of J - P

    J P P J J P P J .. the ends compound.

    3. The blend of T - F (n for neutral)

    T n n T F n n F .. the ends compound.

    4. The blend of N - S

    n N N n n S S n .. the ends compound ..


    Four dichotomies? Basically only one.
    We have only a horizontal circle?
    We have also a vertical circle.

    Is the vertical circle idiomatic with the horizontal circle?
    It is.

    Is there an overall symmetric blend?
    There is.

    INTP is not the entirety. It is but a part of the entirety.
    I think we all learned this last bit when we started to learn typology.

    The difference between you and me, as INTPs, is that I have no desire to write over people's heads. So you won't see me using very many $5.00 words, or using plain 50 cent words in an overly obscure way.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #55
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    something
    This forum has become nothing but predictable.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    huh. I like that... only, without consuming the time it may take for me to change all the types, i'll try to explain my thought. I would think the doppleanger would be one with similar functions all around.... like, instead of INTP (Ti/Ne/Si/Fe) with ISTJ (si/te/fi/ne) it would more be like INTP with ISFJ- jumbled functions (Si/Fe/Ti/Ne.) Know what I mean? I've always thought of strange similarities in the people with jumbled functions- one's tertiary is another one's primary and visa versa (and other top functions are the same.) . Ugh, this is coming out so strange, I hope it makes sense.

    Just one more example to make me more comfortable with this post. INFP (Fi/Ne/Si/Te) with ISTJ (Si/Te/Fi/Ne)
    sounds like good ol socionics to me.

  7. #57
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You are correct. In Thomson's theory of Dom-Tert loops the loop of the ENTP is more similar to that of the ESFJ, and the loop of the ESTP to the ENFJ.

    But Mal is taking into consideration that an Ne dom (such as ENTP) would still look a little more like an ENFJ if they were using a ton of Fe and skipping their Ti.
    I don't think this is so much about a dominant-tertiary loop as it is a "tertiary doppelganger"... sort of like the personality that presents when presenting a huge excess of the tertiary. So, an ENTP showing excess of the tertiary may seem Fe dominant, but also still seem N (not otherwise specified) from the true dominant still showing through. So, kind of like an ENFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What you described sounds like Keirsey bias. Keirsey almost got it, but not quite. Too broadly generalized. Starts as a stepping stone, but too much Ne generalization bogged down in meaningless Si details. Keirsey is INTP.
    Oh no you didn't!

  8. #58
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I don't think this is so much about a dominant-tertiary loop as it is a "tertiary doppelganger"... sort of like the personality that presents when presenting a huge excess of the tertiary. So, an ENTP showing excess of the tertiary may seem Fe dominant, but also still seem N (not otherwise specified) from the true dominant still showing through. So, kind of like an ENFJ.
    Yeah. That's what I said. But I wanted him to explain his theory from his own perspective, especially since he said ISFP and ISTJ were both Se types.

    Instead I got all sorts of non-sense about hackers on PersN.

    Mal really needs to take his tin foil hat off.


    Oh no you didn't!
    lol....

  9. #59
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I think we all learned this last bit when we started to learn typology.

    The difference between you and me, as INTPs, is that I have no desire to write over people's heads. So you won't see me using very many $5.00 words, or using plain 50 cent words in an overly obscure way.
    I am so sorry I have hurt your feelings.
    It was never my intention.
    Regrets.

    However.
    Emotionality clouds the issue.
    Clear logic wins the day.

  10. #60
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Friends of Lenore, John and Linda.
    Lend me your ears.

    A sound theory winds back.
    Give me the axioms.
    I have not found them.

Similar Threads

  1. Possible Patronus forms for each of the MBTIs, as well as what your own would be
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:27 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 10:56 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Possible Reasons for INFJ & ESFJ's Bumping heads
    By IrishStallion819 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO