User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Actually, I can remember being spit upon when I was a child. I was teased mercilessly throughout grade school. As I recall, I wiped it off and walked away without a word (while the verbal taunts continued).

Regarding the big thing/little thing question in the original post, I don't look for reasons to express moral outrage at any level. Personal affronts are either ignored or met with mild mockery - gotta be careful here cause people get really mad when you joke about their most cherished beliefs. Occasionally a political or social issue will grab my attention but I get over it pretty quickly.

@jimrckhnd's comment pretty much describes my experience. Political gridlock in Washington and financial meltdown on Wall Street don't affect my emotional state as much as stupid computer failures or that DAMN SQUEAKING NOISE that the air conditioner makes. The fucking air conditioner drives me insane.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    Well to be fair, I don't remember a time I've been spit on. I imagine it'd go something like this

Antagonist: *spit*
    Me: "Awww grossss." in a whiny voice.
    Does this mean you simply pride yourself on being passive?

This doesn't mean you don't care, it may just mean you think it's best to be whiny...rather than assigning retribution to the person who spat, which is what I would do.

A better example is spending an extra few bucks because a restaurant messed up. Or having to park far away or something.
    This has nothing to do with being limbic and more to do with being being concerned with money (whether that's through actually being poor or being a spoiled tightwad depends on the person) and being a lazy fatass in the second case. People who whine about having to park far away go down a notch in my estimation usually, unless they're somehow physically handicapped or they're sick or pregnant.

I remember taking a Big 5 test at some point and did not learn anything about myself that I didn't all ready know.

Depression is a different issue altogether. The apathy that stems from it can probably affect all types.
    I'm limbic "reactive" and sensitive, but other things totally don't affect me at all.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I'm an INTP. I also do not worry about little things at all. Someone spit on me? I don't really care. Someone yelled at me? Again, I don't care. I don't care one bit if it's too hot in a room or if a piece of technology isn't working quite like it's supposed to.

It's the big things that matter to me. I get really upset when a country declares war. I get really upset when education spending is cut, even when it doesn't affect me.

Other people are not like this. Are they different types? Which function most likely deals with this?

I'm leaning towards the S-N spectrum, but that's just because I don't really understand it.
    I think you're lying about what you're like, either to us or to yourself, deliberately or by omission.

There are most likely some "small scale" things that affect you and some "large scale" things that don't. Just like everybody else.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think you're lying about what you're like, either to us or to yourself, deliberately or by omission.

There are most likely some "small scale" things that affect you and some "large scale" things that don't. Just like everybody else.
    Of course things aren't black and white like I laid out. I thought everybody assumed that naturally. But little problems really don't bother me nearly as much as big problems do. I work in vague concepts, generalities, and patterns; concrete examples are hard and don't give the entire picture. I think we've pretty much established that type has little to nothing to do with the issue of big vs little stuff.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Spitting on someone is the worst insult possible. If any fucker had ever done that shit to me or anyone I respect, I'd split every single atom of the animal's body.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg