User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    We all are:
    If Si is the 1st function, Ne is the 8th function.
    Se and Ni take on the inverse position: tables turn.
    Se assumes the 4th position, Ni the 5th.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I think wildcat was describing the Lenore Thomson "Lasagna" function ordering.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    well it doesent go like that either.. and that lenores left/right/front/back brain function thing is bull shit. those areas really working on brain functions similar to jungian functions arent anywhere near that lenore says they are
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

well it doesent go like that either.. and that lenores left/right/front/back brain function thing is bull shit. those areas really working on brain functions similar to jungian functions arent anywhere near that lenore says they are
    First of all, there's no empirical evidence for type dynamics at all currently (at least until Mark Majors backs his claims)... so it's all theory. Still, it's not impossible that the function opposite the dominate function is the least conscious or the most opposed to conscious aims (at least early in life). It's also unclear where the four other functions fall as far as level of conscious access and their conscious roles, if any.

Nardi claims to have found some early evidence (if not in a statistically relevant way) that different types tend to use certain areas of the brain more heavily. I think he gave an updated presentation this weekend based on some additional data (although it's not yet available externally).

I entirely agree, though, that Niednagel's brain scan claims are highly suspect... and those are the one's Thomson used as the basis for her left/right brain functional assignments. So I roll my eyes at that part myself. If there are type to brain areas correlations, I doubt they are as simple as "left brain"/"right brain."

Still, jumping on someone because they aren't describing your favorite model seems a little extreme, especially when there are multiple competing models out there (including the MBTI one, which isn't the one most people favor here).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Still, jumping on someone because they aren't describing your favorite model seems a little extreme, especially when there are multiple competing models out there (including the MBTI one, which isn't the one most people favor here).
    double
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

double
    According to the MBTI manual, the tertiary has the opposite orientation of the dominate. So an INTP would be Ti Ne Se Fe. Most people here ascribe to the tertiary having same orientation for the tertiary, yielding Ti Ne Si Fe for an INTP.

Or were you WTF-ing something else?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

According to the MBTI manual, the tertiary has the opposite orientation of the dominate. So an INTP would be Ti Ne Se Fe. Most people here ascribe to the tertiary having same orientation for the tertiary, yielding Ti Ne Si Fe for an INTP.

intps hate stating the obvious
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

That's not her order. If Si is dominant, Se would be 6th, not 4th, and Ni would be 3rd. The attitude order is always ieieieie. Comparing to Beebe's order, it's 12876534. Shadow 4 reversed and placed in between 1/2 and 3/4. Then there's Socionics, which is similar in 7 and 8 coming after 1 and 2, but the others are rearranged.
    I don't know what that order he was using came from. Maybe Lenore, but he just got the middle four mixed up.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That's not her order. If Si is dominant, Se would be 6th, not 4th, and Ni would be 3rd. The attitude order is always ieieieie. Comparing to Beebe's order, it's 12876534. Shadow 4 reversed and placed in between 1/2 and 3/4. Then there's Socionics, which is similar in 7 and 8 coming after 1 and 2, but the others are rearranged.
    I don't know what that order he was using came from. Maybe Lenore, but he just got the middle four mixed up.
    Well, I don't know another ordering that assigns one and eight to dominant and inferior, respectively. I find Beebe to be evocative while not being particularly convincing or subjectively true... but that's another discussion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Interesting...I thought MBTI used the model with the tertiary oriented the same as the dominant (ie. for an INTP - TiNeSiFe, the common view around here).
    So in the MBTI model, the difference between, say, an INTP & ISTP is simply a matter of preferring Ne over Se, which might be quite slight in some people.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe