User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 55

  1. #21
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    It's rather difficult to explain, but I'll try... when I read the writings or watch videos of female ENFPs, I note qualities that make them ENFp, notice similar qualities in myself... in short, I recognize that we're the same type. But with most male ENFPs, I notice similar... not exactly habits or mannerisms, something else... that's what i don't know how to describe... and their strange experiences/anecdotes with Ne or type in general correspond with my own, where the female's experience/anecdotes only theoretically make sense. And it's not just me that thinks so... my friends and family concur. Male video: "He acts like you!" Female video: "Are you sure you're the same type?" "YEs, we have XYZ similarities." "If you say so..."

    My pet theory is/was that most female ENFPs connect more with Ne-Fi, where most males connect with Ne-Te and keep their Fi more private/internal, as I prefer to do. But I really don't have any support for that, can't think of a good argument, and didn't post it because I expected it to be flamed.

    Anyway, i don't think there's an explanation for my experience that won't be met with "Yeah, RIGHT..." but that got me thinking about male/female expression of type, and wondered if anyone else noticed differences.
    I think you might be on to something with the Ne-Fi vs. Ne-Te differences in male and female ENFP's. Though not the case with all. I'd rather put it as the more masculine ENFP's tend to rely on Ne-Te, but that could be male or female. And the more feminine rely on Ne-Fi, though they could be male or female.

    I have quite a wealth of ENFP friends, and I'd def say that they vary quite a bit. And there are some very flamboyant ENFP's out there, and then the intellectual ENFP's and then the smart-ass, sarcastic goof balls that are heavy on the Te.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  2. #22
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, it took me longer to read ISFJ guys. You look different than the ISFJ women I've known, although once I got past the veneer, I could see you all operating under similar values.

    Similar...yes....but not always the same...



    Ok I was going somewhere with that but I ran out of gas. Yeah, we do but I guess socialization causes us to appear differenty on the outside. We're an odd bunch we are
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  3. #23
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Ok I was going somewhere with that but I ran out of gas. Yeah, we do but I guess socialization causes us to appear differenty on the outside. We're an odd bunch we are
    Partly it's the socialization thing (I think ISFJs are more likely to absorb the cultural standards for male vs female in terms of duties and responsibilities), and partly that you're still men, not women, and vice versa.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, it took me longer to read ISFJ guys. You look different than the ISFJ women I've known, although once I got past the veneer, I could see you all operating under similar values.
    Seeee....Tinker seems very ISFJ to me. I've dated a couple of ISFJ guys.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Seeee....Tinker seems very ISFJ to me. I've dated a couple of ISFJ guys.
    This is also how I can tell the difference between an ISFJ male and an ISTJ who is being emo because he's depressed.

  6. #26
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Seeee....Tinker seems very ISFJ to me. I've dated a couple of ISFJ guys.
    He does now. He's one of the first ISFJ men I've talked to. (I did realize later that one of my uncles is ISFJ + a guy I used to work with, but otherwise I had no idea. Whereas I know a ton of ISFJ women.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #27
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Seeee....Tinker seems very ISFJ to me.
    I agree. In part because he reminds me of male INFJs that I'm close with. Same with Viridian (who I still think is ISFJ).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I agree. In part because he reminds me of male INFJs that I'm close with. Same with Viridian (who I still think is ISFJ).
    I agree about Viridian as well. TOTALLY.

  9. #29
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I agree about Viridian as well. TOTALLY.
    Indeed. And it has evidentiary support.

    ^ New favorite smiley!

    As for the topic at hand:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    E - To blanket generalise, males of any type are more self-centric and aggressive. This appears to be an issue of socialisation.
    ^ I agree with this. And it's socialization on the part of women, too. Although the topic of women faking Fe has been practically discussed to death on this forum, I really have to bring it up here because women are taught to be sympathetic, active listeners -- almost touchy-feely! -- and men are taught to not talk about their feelings unless they're invalidating them. Which puts female Ts and male Fs in a bit of a tough spot, and how they escape (or don't escape) that trained fakery really depends on the person.

    So, I've noticed that women of Fi types tend to be mistyped as Fe (because kind and caring women seem to be assumed to be Fe, just like moms are assumed to be xSFJ!), and Fe men the opposite -- unless those men are independent people, who don't succumb easily to peer pressure (or who have lots of female friends!).

    Just stream-of-consciousness; not totally sure.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So, I've noticed that women of Fi types tend to be mistyped as Fe (because kind and caring women seem to be assumed to be Fe, just like moms are assumed to be xSFJ!), and Fe men the opposite -- unless those men are independent people, who don't succumb easily to peer pressure (or who have lots of female friends!).
    I think this is very true. Socialization of females has a great deal to do with how they come off, and someone like me who was raised in a very Fe culture (the traditional South) is going to be quite adept at least mimicking Fe in certain situations. However, I am not Fe at all, and my ENFJ sister is proof of that more than anything to me. Also, I've noticed how diplomatic and relatively well-behaved even INFJs come off, even when they're very Ni-dom eccentric.

    My ESFJ ex wasn't necessarily "well-behaved" (like my ENFJ sister, who again, is female and was raised in traditional Southern culture, while he is male and was raised by two very liberal parents who were from two very different cultures: England and Mexico) and didn't automatically defer to authority, so in the beginning I went by stereotypes and thought he was ESFP or even ESTP...but I realize now how entirely PREPOSTEROUS that is. He took the MBTI test himself and scored ESFJ...and not only that but my increased knowledge of Jungian function theory allows me to see just how extremely Fe and Si he is. He couldn't be anything but an ESFJ and it really makes me laugh to think I ever thought he was anything but ESFJ.

    He is actually EXTRAORDINARILY NURTURING for a man, and in very practical ways, like doing laundry, cleaning the house, reminding me to drink water, arranging the bedroom curtains so that I could sleep better, endlessly calling me and his mother cutesy nicknames, openly crying, being extremely affectionate...and enforcing his mother's morality. I saw this more and more as I got to know him, and he would enforce the strangest things, like how his name came first on the Christmas presents because "he's a man," how he carried my groceries and walked on the sidewalk side because "he's a man, and should protect" me, and enforcing sexual fidelity upon threat of death. He's also very orderly, organized in an external way, and sooooo good at charming people, and knowing exactly how he should act in certain social situations, despite how he is fer realz.

Similar Threads

  1. Different Types of Wannabees and their male and female counterparts
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 11:38 AM
  2. Outward expressions of type.
    By Pseudo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
  3. Expressions of Type in the Workplace
    By Totenkindly in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
  4. female enneagrams of those attracted to 5w4 males
    By the state i am in in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:20 PM
  5. Males and females of the same type- differences?
    By BlackCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO