User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strict/Harsh Upbringing = P?

Junior Member Array

My best friend is an INFJ, her family was very P-ish. Her mom is super duper emotional and wishy washy and her dad was a pandhandling musician. Not a lot of stability. She's super duper rigid and efficient. Very rules/organized driven.

I am an INFP, my mother I believe possibly is an ISTJ she was very detached from us, but we were clean and fed and things were always in order. My dad was extremely comntrolling and abusive. I remember never playing with my toys because my mom would freak if the room got messed up. I would just sit and long to play with the dusty little creatures on the shelf.

I don't know how that all effects personality, but I'm sure there is some overlap between genetics and environment.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

Very much disagree. I had strict/controlling parents.

My parents were very strict. ESPECIALLY as far as academics go. From the time I was a small child to highschool... My stepfather used to make up extra homework/tests for me to complete outside of class because he felt that public school didn't give enough work. So every day I was expected to do several hours worth of work after I got home from class. If I wrote my homework in handwriting that was too messy, my stepfather would grab a dictionary and make me copy pages upon pages from it in the neatest handwriting I could. I was also forced to play 5 difference instruments for enrichment. I was not allowed to watch TV unless it was History channel/Discovery channel documentaries. I didn't really have a lot of time to hang out with friends.

I always wanted to go into Art. I drew all the time, and my school offered a ton of art classes as well as "art majors". When I was younger, I was told I wasn't allowed to take art classes. I legitimately wanted to pursue digital/graphic design as a career rather than biology when I got to highschool. I was told that art is not a legitimate career and I wasn't allowed to take graphic design classes.

That's the general overview. But I'm very J.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

Senior Member Array NegativeZero's Avatar

ESFJ mother, ESTP father. I'm a P, sister is a J, younger brother will likely be a P. We have an extremely lax household. Oddly enough, I think we're all going to turn out to be intuitives as well. Also, all introverts.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.