User Tag List

First 123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Are you sure your sister is ESFJ? Sounds like ESFP.
    Yeah, she works two jobs and dresses peoples hair on the side in the evenings, always busy for someone else and taking care of people, has like 50 close friends, is extremely bossy and dominant but not in a bad way and gets things done. She is extremely ESFJ. :P

The main reason she keeps jobhopping is that she just doesn't seem to have found a job she really loves, that and she has an issue with bad management lol.

Also, I am quite proud of her.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Bossy and dominant =/= ESFJ

Anyway, she could be in an Fe/Ne loop which would explain her attraction to change.

My ESFJ ex doesn't even like to sleep at other people's houses. He's lived in the same place for most of his adult life (I mean literally the same house) and he's in his mid-thirties.

Si types are typically VERY resistent to change, especially sudden or random change, because it is the nature of Si to carefully examine information before bringing it into their linear world view, so they know where to fit it in properly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Change is good when I get to decide on the change. When it is decided for me, it is like getting hit in the head with a shovel.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Change is good when I get to decide on the change. When it is decided for me, it is like getting hit in the head with a shovel.
    LOL. I hear you. I like it when change is voluntary, or left up to me to decide on it. I don't like being forced into a type of change that might have dire consequences for me in the future. I need to know what benefits the change will have. If the change is for the better, then I accept it. If it makes things worse, then I don't accept it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    LOL. I hear you. I like it when change is voluntary, or left up to me to decide on it. I don't like being forced into a type of change that might have dire consequences for me in the future. I need to know what benefits the change will have. If the change is for the better, then I accept it. If it makes things worse, then I don't accept it.
    Are you guys talking about other people forcing you to change or just things happening, life happening, and causing things to change?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I'm talking about people forcing change... not sure if Lilyflower is talking about the same thing.

For instance, some salesman comes up to you and tells you that there's a new type of computer coming out that you should buy. He claims that there's all these bells and whistles on it that are great and innovative, but the problem is, the specs on the thing will not support other tech devices you have back at home (does not support your iPod, music software, etc.) I wouldn't want to be forced to change all the devices I own and waste money on something that doesn't work for me. I'd rather have a computer that I can customize for my own needs, rather than something gimmicky that you have to throw away within a week or two. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like change & seek it out. The worst thing is feeling static. I become restless & bored. Routine gets stale so fast.

The only aspects of change I struggle with is
    1) New people, because I am shy. I only like to meet new people in small settings where people I am close to & familiar with are present also. I fear being judged because I don't know how to act & get easily confused when overstimulated.
    2) New physical environments which require alertness. I love a new environment, a new atmosphere to absorb, but driving somewhere new or navigating a huge office for a job interview is stressful. Somehow, I never see signs... I suspect this is crappy Se?

Basically, I like change when there is no expectation to impress others or possibility of being judged in a way that will affect my life.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't know that I necessarily seek out change for the sake of change, maybe if things are suuuuper borrrrring, but what I do find I enjoy is when things around me change, I kind of love to react to it, that challenge of how to respond, how to make things work given the new conditions/constraints.

Is this an introvert thing?
    I'm like that. Maybe it really is an isfp thing, does say that in a lot of descriptions.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My oldest is an ISFP. He's always wanted to "go". He's not so much interested in new things as he is in new places. He just embraces that kind of thing. I can very much see him just "wandering" just for the experience of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Are you guys talking about other people forcing you to change or just things happening, life happening, and causing things to change?
    I was talking about life happening, changes I can't avoid. People rarely force me to change anything about myself, but my life has definitely had its share of sudden change. It's almost always stuff I can't control and didn't cause. I just hate stuff like that.