• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The What Fuction Is ___ an Example of Thread

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For those everyday occurrences of behavior in yourself or others that perplex you and you want to know "What function is this an example of?" Ask a question to the forum and have them answer what function a behavior or perspective is, or an experience you have.

To get the ball rolling...

What function(s) are in play when something at the last minute comes up, and the world feels scattered and out of control, and if someone gets in your way of getting things done, or ends up making demands, you end up getting irritable, grouchy, and just want to be left alone to focus on getting the job done?

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
What function(s) are in play when something at the last minute comes up, and the world feels scattered and out of control, and if someone gets in your way of getting things done, or ends up making demands, you end up getting irritable, grouchy, and just want to be left alone to focus on getting the job done?

Everyone can get this way, no? Not sure if it can be attributed to a function, but if I had to guess.. Si or Ni, maybe.

What is the nag function, the one who repeats the same inane instructions to you over and over as if you're an imbecile?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
For those everyday occurrences of behavior in yourself or others that perplex you and you want to know "What function is this an example of?" Ask a question to the forum and have them answer what function a behavior or perspective is, or an experience you have.

To get the ball rolling...

Planning ahead is usually an expression of introverted percieving (either, potentially, depending upon how you go about it). Wanting to get on with the job at hand is an expression of extroverted judgement (again, could be either).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is the nag function, the one who repeats the same inane instructions to you over and over as if you're an imbecile?

Si. Probably usually Si/Te or Si/Fe in instructive mode, and Te or Fe with Si pending on what the inane instructions are directing you to do and what they concern (i.e. Si/Fe be more polite...I told you not to eat with that fork! Cross your legs. Sit up straight, et al. Si/Te this is the correct procedure. We bag the groceries this way. Heavy items on the bottom and light items on top *proceeds to bug you about this even after you've got the hang of it, just in case you forget, to push you along, like some kind of corporate drill sergeant*).

Si/Ti or Ti/Si loops can be hellishly nit-picky and overprecise, also, and often comes across as crazy pointless nagging (to me).

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Nagging is the result of introverted perceiving + extroverted judging. The judging function is usually Fe but Te-Si has its own bulldog tenacity. Ni and Fe might nag but they learn pretty quickly that there are more creative forms of social manipulation. Si-Fe users tend to favor passive/aggressive tactics (nagging, silent treatment, parental martyrdom).

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Planning ahead is usually an expression of introverted percieving (either, potentially, depending upon how you go about it). Wanting to get on with the job at hand is an expression of extroverted judgement (again, could be either).

In such cases for me, it's usually planning ahead for the future, and making sure all the steps are accomplished to get to a desired outcome in the end. When something last minute comes up that demands immediate attention, and it's a mad dash to get it done within a small time constraint, is quite frustrating especially when I want to take my time to get things done and make sure steps are completed accurately/correctly. This is especially true when it's something important that could determine the course of my future, be it relationships with others or employment.