First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

My younger sister is an ISTP.

She assumes me to be a nerd, whereas I can't quite think of something to classify her as. ISTPs are different but similar... I think she would be more of the 'cool girl' type, where I would be the 'rebellious girl' one. I noticed that as far as music goes, I'm drawn to playing death metal guitar (which I've done all night) and she's drawn to singing country music.

That acts as a type of contrast in itself.

INTP enjoys the technicality of death metal and the instrumental proficiency it takes to play it; ISTP enjoys the simplicity of country music and how easy it is to just jump right in and sing it.

Of course that's not to suggest ISTPs are simple (that would be a bad generalization), but merely to suggest that the immediacy of country's lyrics and vocals resonates well with her doit-doit-doit nature (which can be generalized as being common to ISTPs). The contrast being that I didn't care to dream and dream and dream until I can do.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

Permabanned

well I meant competitive in an Se sort of way like physical sports and such. Saying that though I really don't think many ISTPs are all that competitive they are just more in tune with the world physically with other things.

I think the differences is just the temperaments
    ISTPs want to make an impact so they use ti to underrstand how to do stuff better and make a bigger impact while INTPs use ti to understand universal laws better so they can get one answer that will give them everything they want. science= magic knowledge is power. no literal situation answer the ISTP vs INTP because both could do the same thing for different reasons. ex playing sports one does it to have fun and impress the other does it to explore their physical limitations and how they could go beyond that

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

ISTP - This is the reality.
    INTP - What is the reality?

ISTP - I make it work.
    INTP - How does it work?

ISTP - This is the actuality.
    INTP - What are the possibilities?

ISTP - I am very smart.
    INTP - How ignorant am I?

ISTP - I solved the puzzle.
    INTP - Can I create puzzles?

ISTP - I completed the game.
    INTP - Can I program games?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

ISTP I am sure
    INTP Jeez have I forgotten something?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by dimane View Post
    I think the differences is just the temperaments
    ISTPs want to make an impact so they use ti to underrstand how to do stuff better and make a bigger impact while INTPs use ti to understand universal laws better so they can get one answer that will give them everything they want. science= magic knowledge is power. no literal situation answer the ISTP vs INTP because both could do the same thing for different reasons. ex playing sports one does it to have fun and impress the other does it to explore their physical limitations and how they could go beyond that

ah, so true. so stupidly, stupidly true.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    If you know the INTP and ISTP type well enough, you won't think of them as being that similar. No, I'm not talking about their descriptions, I'm talking theoretical definitions. Ne is very distant from Ni. Communicative difference between the two is so obvious. Ni is referential whereas Ne is innovative.

In a pure temperament(nature) manner, ENTP is the closest to INTP.

I don't think I agree. ENTPs seem much more aggressive/confrontational than INTPs. They and ENFPs come on very strong.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I don't think I agree. ENTPs seem much more aggressive/confrontational than INTPs. They and ENFPs come on very strong.
    yeah, it depends on the individuals: The INTP and the ISTP/ENTP you're comparing with. I personally relate more to the ENTPs(or at least the ones I know), and I have INTP friends who are more ISTP. I've also recently met different sorts of ISTPs.

Then again, I explicitly stated "theoretical definition" and "pure temperament manner." Function wise, Ne Ti is closer to Ti Ne than Ti Se. E/I arrangement is the most flexible of JCF as oppose to having different functions entirely, which can be seen in the frequent mentions of "function loops" and the vagueness of "introversion."

I identify with ENTPs a little more, because they're kind of "in" the world, but subversive. Or you could say they're on a similar spectrum of E and I (still more "E" than me though). INTPs are less in. ESTPs are totally in.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

When I was 8 years old my parents said I was INTP, but when I was 10 they changed their call to ISTP, and now I am 18 and they once again think INTP. The way to tell the difference is the ideas of the ISTP actually work in the real world and the ideas of the INTP are purely to understand the world and all the possible states it could transform and evolve into, though both may mold the material world by the mastery of mind over matter, ISTPs making things tick and INTPs magically manifesting dreams wrought into realization by focused willpower. ISTPs and INTPs alike are both deep thinkers but ISTPs are more realistic and INTPs more creative.