User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Hi @Orangey! My favorite orange blobby thingy.

I see three of my favorite people here: @JocktheMotie, you, and @Jennifer. Which is so weird, considering you all are IxTPs. I get along with them better online, maybe.

Oh, @Nomenclature, are you female? I thought you were a guy until I visited your profile.

P.S. I like these new "@ mentions". So I will continue to use them, even when unnecessary.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Ineffective but not neccesarily aloof. You still pick the things that initially made it on your list, no? But you just forgot them along the way. ISTP! :P
    haha, I sometimes get them all, if I manage to remember. And usually a lot more things besides, that distract me - cheese is the worst!

You prefer the bike because of speed, it gets you to your destination fast, am I mistaken? Would you consider taking a detour on your bike for whatever reason that doesn't get you to your destination faster? No? ISTP. :P

Although... Not that an INTP would likely make a detour or anything either. But an INTP would still prefer having the choice at least at all times. :P
    Mostly speed, but the control is nice too. My main reason is probably cost with speed second and fun/exercise third. I would consider a detour if there was a reason for it - I do take a slightly longer route already to avoid some of the more unpleasant roads to bike on. It's not my preference to go a longer way though, you're right.
    -end of thread-

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Actually, I personaly relate to the hedonism/non hedonist difference between ISTP and INTP, the thrill of sensors pleasures from the external world and adventure always appealed to me. I'am very annoyed by Ne even if I'm very good with, but really, it is the disapointing function. I like parties, sports, fashion, typycally the kind of thing thant INTPs tend to hate. I'am a natural performer. I tend to be square and concise when I develop my reasoning, INTP are more verbose.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Actually, I personaly relate to the hedonism/non hedonist difference between ISTP and INTP, the thrill of sensors pleasures from the external world and adventure always appealed to me.
    We're both enneagram SP last, which has a lot to do with not coming off as a "typical" introvert, if that makes any sense; I like parties, pep rallies, talking to strangers when traveling, major thrill rides, pushing reactions out of people, etc. I'm a performer as well, and it boggles some people how I could type myself an introvert. It makes perfect sense to me, though.

The guy I was talking about earlier is SO last and he considers himself VERY hedonistic, but really... uh, apathetic and low-energy. Sooooo I just wanted to add the part about the stacking.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Cognitively, INTPs and ISTPs are virtually identical, but I think that behaviorally, being different temperaments, that's where you'll notice the difference.
    I missed this post. But that's an interesting point of view. I wonder if ISTPs and INTPs agree with that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Hi @Orangey! My favorite orange blobby thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    I'm really biased here because I technically am not allowed to drive yet, but I prefer public transportation; frees my mind and hands to work on something else (PERV), just talk to people, etc., and I like a congested city because there's always something to DO and a lot of nightlife without really having to go out of my way to get there. Driving myself is kind of like sleeping... it's a chore, and I don't want to do it, but I need to.
    How is that possible if you live in SE Michigan? Detroit (and the metropolitan area) has shit for public transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Actually, I personaly relate to the hedonism/non hedonist difference between ISTP and INTP, the thrill of sensors pleasures from the external world and adventure always appealed to me. I'am very annoyed by Ne even if I'm very good with, but really, it is the disapointing function. I like parties, sports, fashion, typycally the kind of thing thant INTPs tend to hate. I'am a natural performer. I tend to be square and concise when I develop my reasoning, INTP are more verbose.
    The most hedonistic I get is heavy drinking, smoking, and sometimes the bar/party scene. Sometimes. It gets on my nerves after a while, though, and then I periodically purge myself of these things.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Some of the responses are delving into more stereotypical facades of the types while I think @Lauren Ashley was more concerned with what to do when there seemed to be more ambiguity, particularly because of the individual exhibiting extreme Ti dominance.

Naturally, the differences are going to be far more subtle because they're approaching a sort of, "Jungian Ideal" Ti user described in Psychological Types. At this point, paying attention to decision making specifics and what elements of information the ITP tends to attune to [and why] are where you're going to find your clues but they're going to be difficult to divine because of poor expression. You may even find that it's an exercise in futility, since if the differences are negligible then the ability for type to provide meaningful insight into the individual's mind is going to be negligible as well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Many INTPs will be similar to ISTPs, and vice versa. The N/S divide isn't as large as people seem to think it is.

I love telling INTJs how they remind me of ISTJs. They also love being told that. /sarcasm

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

@JocktheMotie, I'm learning a lot from all of the responses and I'll probably use them all to come up with my own way of spotting the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    At this point, paying attention to decision making specifics and what elements of information the ITP tends to attune to [and why] are where you're going to find your clues but they're going to be difficult to divine because of poor expression.
    It is very difficult, and I'm hoping there are more behavioral clues. Trying to figure out an introverted function + a poorly-used/developed extraverted function isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I love telling INTJs how they remind me of ISTJs. They also love being told that. /sarcasm
    INTJs like ISTJs? Nah... It's just the introverts with the same dominant function that can be confusing. And ISTPs in particular because some of their interests and behavior are like those found more commonly in Ns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    INTJs like ISTJs? Nah... It's just the introverts with the same dominant function that can be confusing. And ISTPs in particular because some of their interests and behavior are like those found more commonly in Ns.
    Oh yeah, INTJs remind me of my ISTJ wife all the time. They hate being told this.