First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    But you make lists so you don't count! Not enough perceiver in you! :P
    Yep, I am 50/50 P/J. But I am still istp hehe

Seriously, I learned at some point that I needed J in order to get anything done lol!
    I do wander off like mad tho, whenever anything catches my eye. I love to shop and browse. I'm not really big on getting just the items on the list and leaving. I have to force myself to do that.......
    I like to go shopping with no goals in mind and just explore. Shopping is impractical for me, in general lol.....and I think it's because I use it as a diversion/to destress.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yep, I am 50/50 P/J. But I am still istp hehe

Seriously, I learned at some point that I needed J in order to get anything done lol!
    A perceiver can't become a judger or vice versa. The J you speak off is most likely a learned trait that only appears J.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You and me both.

I think if an INTP and an ISTP would go do their groceries, although neither are much for making lists. An ISTP would start at the beginning and go to the end picking up whatever he or she needs and go to the cashier. An INTP would wander about, pondering about what they fancy, and zig zag their way from start to end and back to start if they have to until finally going to the cashier.
    I would make a list, not look at it ever, start at one side and go to the other in order, while pondering about what I fancy, then zig zig back and forth to get all the things I forgot to grab along the way. What does that make me?

I also think ISTP's might more easily prefer public transport over self transport while INTP's would prefer self transport over public transport. Because INTP's would rather be in control of their direction themselves instead of their destination, whilest an ISTP is less concerned about the control of their direction but more concerned about reaching their destination.
    Sorta prefer a mix. Biking is way better than bus in the summer (no waiting, control over direction and speed) but it's also nice to relax on the bus every so often. I don't enjoy driving so I'd rather not drive when possible.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

A perceiver can't become a judger or vice versa. The J you speak off is most likely a learned trait that only appears J.
    Yes, I know........
    I mean that in testing, I get high scores in J. I thought I was INTJ when I first tested..... (I do a lot of J things......)
    That was just me being silly....... when I said, "I learned at some point that I needed J in order to get anything done"..... that was supposed to be silliness. Although i think subconsciously I probably did.....
    I know the basics.

My point in saying I was "still istp" was to show that I still count as istp, even though I score high in J, so I don't think you can assume that an ISTP or an INTP will shop a certain way.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I would make a list, not look at it ever, start at one side and go to the other in order, while pondering about what I fancy, then zig zig back and forth to get all the things I forgot to grab along the way. What does that make me?
    Ineffective but not neccesarily aloof. You still pick the things that initially made it on your list, no? But you just forgot them along the way. ISTP! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Sorta prefer a mix. Biking is way better than bus in the summer (no waiting, control over direction and speed) but it's also nice to relax on the bus every so often. I don't enjoy driving so I'd rather not drive when possible.
    You prefer the bike because of speed, it gets you to your destination fast, am I mistaken? Would you consider taking a detour on your bike for whatever reason that doesn't get you to your destination faster? No? ISTP. :P

Although... Not that an INTP would likely make a detour or anything either. But an INTP would still prefer having the choice at least at all times. :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    so I don't think you can assume that an ISTP or an INTP will shop a certain way.
    Correct! And I would like to point out a sentence in one of my previous posts to underline this.

If you see someone do something, the best thing is inquire why they do it like that, and then make up your mind about their type. And not chalk up their actions to a specific type without knowing their reasining behind it. :P
    But we are gathered here, nonetheless, to try and piece together apparant differences, no matter how hard/impossible that may be, because what is seen is only half the story.. So I am not saying how ISTP's and INTP's will always shop, I just share what I think is the most likely way they would.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

But we are gathered here, nonetheless, to try and piece together apparant differences, no matter how hard/impossible that may be, because what is seen is only half the story.. So I am not saying how ISTP's and INTP's will always shop, I just share what I think is the most likely way they would.
    Makes sense. I think I hate being put into a nice little box. I am an istp and I don't shop that way

Now that I see what this was all about, I'm going to slink back into my hole. Serves me right for barging in......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's okay, I have a soft spot for IFJs and their need for closure while still trying to respect TP craziness.
    Well, you're a loveable INTP.

I guess with many INTPs I never really tried to get to know them on more than a superficial level. Sure, I would analyze them and their behavior, but I kept my distance. I just assumed they couldn't be bothered.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    @ptgatsby and @Orangey are great examples of these ISTPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Oh so Orangey has decided on a type? I need to catch up. But then, I would choose INTJ as an alternative type for her before INTP; must be the Ni.
    Eh, I flip flop between ISTP and ESTP these days.

Honestly, though, I used to confuse myself for INTP not because I'm truly similar, but rather because (like others have said) I was confused and put-off by descriptions of S-types on the internet. IRL I have always been athletic (except during these last three years of grad school, though I still jog), I come off as much more assertive than INTPs, and I do tend to have little patience for what I determine to be useless speculation (or useless avenues of conversation.)

I've found that if I were going to say that I resemble another type IRL, it would probably most likely be between ENTJ and INTJ. Not INTP all that much, really.

BTW, long time no see, @Lauren Ashley!

Edit: Just read the driving v.s. the bus thing. I will just add that there are absolutely no circumstances under which I would not prefer to drive myself in my own vehicle. I love driving and absolutely hate taking the fucking bus. Ugh.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

I'm really biased here because I technically am not allowed to drive yet, but I prefer public transportation; frees my mind and hands to work on something else (PERV), just talk to people, etc., and I like a congested city because there's always something to DO and a lot of nightlife without really having to go out of my way to get there. Driving myself is kind of like sleeping... it's a chore, and I don't want to do it, but I need to.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO